ADVERTISEMENT

Score Reporting Sucks

LAZL

Feb 5, 2003
i have completely had it with the way we get our football scores. They are consistently incorrect. Scorestream blows and most of the media outlets appear to be using it. Every week several scores are wrong. Not to mention the actual winner. Has anyone ever looked at how other states do it? Something is seriously wrong in this state and I think the FHSAA needs to get it fixed. I’m getting tired of wasting all weekend trying to collect accurate data. My son did Tennessee ratings for two years and never had any issues with getting accurate results. And yes, Tennessee also has two times zones, so we can’t use that as an excuse. We Floridians are ass backwards and need to come out of the Stone Age.
Pissed off in Volusia County.

I don't know how hard it can be.
Home Team Logs On:
Home team reports score to the FHSAA
Link is sent to Visiting team (App or E-Mail)
Visiting team confirms score to the FHSAA
FHSAA makes available a long list of scores for the week, just the way they used to have all of the college football games available. Boom!

I know I am looking at a more limited scope than you (only a 100 teams) and I only care about the W-L, not the margin of win. So Scorescream works fine. But how bad is it?

For example, giving win to wrong team or is it more that the score was off by several points or both

i have completely had it with the way we get our football scores. They are consistently incorrect. Scorestream blows and most of the media outlets appear to be using it. Every week several scores are wrong. Not to mention the actual winner. Has anyone ever looked at how other states do it? Something is seriously wrong in this state and I think the FHSAA needs to get it fixed. I’m getting tired of wasting all weekend trying to collect accurate data. My son did Tennessee ratings for two years and never had any issues with getting accurate results. And yes, Tennessee also has two times zones, so we can’t use that as an excuse. We Floridians are ass backwards and need to come out of the Stone Age.
Pissed off in Volusia County.
Hang in there Laz....FWIW, I'm pissed off too..for any number of reasons.

There are so many things that irritate me with regards to getting accurate results or information. We shouldn't have to DIG for this stuff. It's 2018.
Here's just a couple of things from this week. I have to double and triple check everything.

Lake Weir vs. South Lake scores from ScoreStream and Ocala Web site conflict.

There is no information on ScoreStream for the following Contests. I realize some may have been postponed but PUT THAT INFO ON THE SITE FOR GOD'S SAKE so we don't have to spend hours looking for the information:

3A Baldwin 4A vs.West Nassau (Callahan)
Ind Clearwater Academy International vs 2A First Baptist (Naples)
5A Crystal River vs 5A Hernando (Brooksville)
8A Douglas (Parkland) vs 6A Northeast (Oakland Park)
6A Ed White (Jacksonville) 6A Middleburg
1A Hawthorne 4A Keystone Heights
5A Lecanto 5A Central (Brooksville)
Ind Miami Country Day Ind Hillel (North Miami Beach)
5A North Marion (Citra) 5A Eastside (Gainesville)
2A Oak Hall (Gainesville) 2A St. Francis (Gainesville)
5A Orange Park 5A Ridgeview (Orange Park)
8A Park Vista (Lake Worth) 8A John I. Leonard (Greenacres)
Ind Ransom Everglades (Miami) Ind Coral Shores (Tavernier)
5A Ribault (Jacksonville) 5A Paxon (Jacksonville)
2A Rocky Bayou Christian (Niceville) 2A John Paul II Catholic (Tallahassee)
8A Santaluces (Lantana) 8A Lake Worth
1A Union County (Lake Butler) 3A Newberry
5A Weeki Wachee 5A Citrus (Inverness)
5A Wesley Chapel 5A Anclote (Holiday)
Ind West Oaks Academy (Orlando) Ind Four Corners (Davenport)

Reactions: peezy28
Here's the only one from SW FL, as per Max Preps: "Clearwater Academy International got themselves on the board against First Baptist Academy on Friday, but First Baptist Academy never followed suit. Everything came up roses for Clearwater Academy International against First Baptist Academy as the squad secured a 57-0 victory. Followers of Clearwater Academy International probably expected little less of the team in a season in which they have collected five blowout victories."

There are so many things that irritate me with regards to getting accurate results or information. We shouldn't have to DIG for this stuff. It's 2018.
Here's just a couple of things from this week. I have to double and triple check everything.

Lake Weir vs. South Lake scores from ScoreStream and Ocala Web site conflict.

There is no information on ScoreStream for the following Contests. I realize some may have been postponed but PUT THAT INFO ON THE SITE FOR GOD'S SAKE so we don't have to spend hours looking for the information:

3A Baldwin 4A vs.West Nassau (Callahan)
Ind Clearwater Academy International vs 2A First Baptist (Naples)
5A Crystal River vs 5A Hernando (Brooksville)
8A Douglas (Parkland) vs 6A Northeast (Oakland Park)
6A Ed White (Jacksonville) 6A Middleburg
1A Hawthorne 4A Keystone Heights
5A Lecanto 5A Central (Brooksville)
Ind Miami Country Day Ind Hillel (North Miami Beach)
5A North Marion (Citra) 5A Eastside (Gainesville)
2A Oak Hall (Gainesville) 2A St. Francis (Gainesville)
5A Orange Park 5A Ridgeview (Orange Park)
8A Park Vista (Lake Worth) 8A John I. Leonard (Greenacres)
Ind Ransom Everglades (Miami) Ind Coral Shores (Tavernier)
5A Ribault (Jacksonville) 5A Paxon (Jacksonville)
2A Rocky Bayou Christian (Niceville) 2A John Paul II Catholic (Tallahassee)
8A Santaluces (Lantana) 8A Lake Worth
1A Union County (Lake Butler) 3A Newberry
5A Weeki Wachee 5A Citrus (Inverness)
5A Wesley Chapel 5A Anclote (Holiday)
Ind West Oaks Academy (Orlando) Ind Four Corners (Davenport)

Just read the Santaluces and Lake Worth game was suspended and will resume this morning

Same with the John I Leonard and Park Vista game except as of right now there’s now make up date or time, power outage I heard

Look Everyone. I apologize. I'll get the information. It's just that every week I spend days looking for results, postponements and make up dates and it gets frustrating some times. I love what I do but it would be so easy if the information was all in one place and I didn't have to do so much digging.
Anyway, because it takes so long to get these results, I like to get jump as soon as possible. What set me off last night (and this happens a lot) was that ScoreStream posted a final score of Colonial 35, University 6. I just happened to have a friend at that game who had just text me that Colonial won 42 to 3. Later last night, ScoreStream revised the score. This stuff happens every week, numerous times. I think my best bet is to wait until Saturday or Sunday to get the results. Maybe I won't be as irritated.
Sorry and my apologies to the FHSAA. It's obvious that the system you have in place should work effectively.

Laz

LAZL, would it be easier if all of us emailed regional info to you? That would cut down on your search time. I used to post panhandle games then scores on here anyway.

I appreciate that Choctaw but I usually don’t have a problem with the Panhandle except once in awhile with some of the tiny schools.

I think my best bet is to wait until Saturday or Sunday to get the results. Maybe I won't be as irritated.
No question about it, man. Nu'Trelle used to go through similar aggravation, then got smart and changed his system.

As many regular readers know, Nu'Trelle colleck alimony from each and every one of the 15 wimmens to which he was previous married. Since the judge order each one to pay up on the first of the month, wimmens who was runnin late was showin up wiff money at all hours of the night.

So Nu'Trelle put a stop to this by requiring all his ex-wifes to send payments by mail. He then do all the accountin the day after the first, which normally work out to be the second.

Only people who misses the old system is Nu'Trelle's neighbors. A lot of them use to bring over their lawn chairs and watch the serious a$$ kickins which often took place when two or more wimmens showed up at the same time.

Since the new system put in place, Life Flight no longer have to come to Nu'Trelle place on a regular basis - which is a big relief. Nu'Trelle no longer have to worry Wavebb might be flyin the damn helicopter and how many his neighbors trailers might get wiped out.

Doesn’t each home team have to report the final score to FHSAA anyway? FHSAA use to have a live spreadsheet to show accurate scores and I don’t why they went away from this!!!!! FHSAA is the legal authority over all sports and they should be the only ppl who finalizes the scores!!! They wanna be lazy

Maybe, I think they terminated their agreement with C2C in 2016 and last I saw were going to name a new one in 2017. Max Preps is where I've been going for SW FL teams and they're pretty steady.

FHSAA uses maxpreps as the official score reporting site for coaches, all scores are supposed to be entered by 9:00 am the day following the game. Often the information is only as good as it is put in. The scores are way better now than the were a year ago. Its not about laziness Hardee, call them alot of things, lazy isn't one. I bet if Laz shoots the football guy an email he could help him out, just sayin.

Yea right FHSAA not lazy? Then why are they using another website to get their scores and what FHSA had some years ago worked way better. Maxpreps has schools all over the country where FHSAA use to use a spreadsheet so as Coaches finalized the scores the spreadsheet was automatically updated. It wasn’t an excel spreadsheet but a web style spread sheet. Also I don’t see anywhere, laws or policies that even gives FHSAA any authority to use anybody to collect and record scores officially. If FHSAAdoes not wanna do their jobs then I say they need to go, shut down and let the schools elect officials to get things done because trust me the schools don’t need FHSAA whatsoever!! I’m sure there are many folks who would donate their time for free to make sure policies, bylaws and even scoressheets are recorded and properly stored in archives. And I’m sure the private vs public would stop, period. Each would have their own system because as it is now the private has their own system and rules they can go by that public schools can’t.

Shut em down! Bunch of lazy bums! Bring back the web style spread sheet! I vote you lead that charge Hardee, rise up and take over.

Who do you think does this every week??

https://www.fhsaa.org/sites/default/files/orig_uploads/sports/football/archives/2018-19/2018 Class 5A Rankings.pdf

https://www.fhsaa.org/sites/default/files/orig_uploads/sports/football/archives/2018-19/2018 Class 5A Master Schedules.pdf

Very SIMPLE A COMPUTER NAMED DELL!!!! Many of us does this spreadsheet, not hard programming excel to do it for you, very simple. BTW We are talking about the WEEKLY SCORES they use to post on FHSAA. Every Friday night they would post on a spreadsheet the scores. Why did they stop? Lazy if you ask me!!! Oh yea lets use Maxpreps which is a nobody to do the scores for us but if they happen to get lost OH WELL!!! Stinkin' Thinkin'

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT