ADVERTISEMENT

Rockledge High needs an opponent for 9/9

Dave Lackford

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2014
I received the following message today from HC Wayne Younger,

"We are looking for a Varsity Football game week 3 (9/9) or week 5 (9/23). Any kind of help I'd appreciate."

If anyone can help, send me a direct message or email coach Younger at younger.wayne@brevardschools.org

Last edited:
How many games are y'all going to win so I know how many points I'm going to get for beating you. I need to know that first before I can decide to play you.

How many games are y'all going to win so I know how many points I'm going to get for beating you. I need to know that first before I can decide to play you.

I'm not affiliated with Rockledge, i'm just tryna look out, but I can tell you they went 4-6 last year and 1-4 in 5A, region 4, District 14 play. I'm not particularly good at fuzzy math so you gotta put that in the new playoff system calculator to get the points and all that.

Well DPHS, it seems with that record and that they are 5A, Rockledge would probably get more points for losing to a powerful 8A team then you would for beating them. This is why the system is flawed!!

Well DPHS, it seems with that record and that they are 5A, Rockledge would probably get more points for losing to a powerful 8A team then you would for beating them. This is why the system is flawed!!

Or a smaller 4A - 1A school could schedule them, but I get your point. I think I saw a reporter for the Sun-Sentinel say that theoretically a team could go 0 for and still make the playoffs based on who they played.

Coach Younger did say that it didn't matter what level the team played at, he just needs a game, if anyone can help him out that would be cool.

Our bye is 9\9 but I don't know if we are allowed to play 11 games

I know Naples High only has 9 games scheduled and they have a bye 9/9, but that would be a heck of a trip for either team.

I appreciate the head's up. I sent him this info. I'll tell everyone if this works out.

I received the following message today from HC Wayne Younger, "We are looking for a Varsity Football game week 3 (9/9) or week 5 (9/23). Any kind of help I'd appreciate."
Nu'Trelle remember readin about a parochial high school somewhere in Montana which have no games scheduled for 2016. In fack, the school, Our Lady of the Frustrated Virgin, have not played no games since 1954. Even the cheerleaders claim they "Itchin for action."

Reactions: Dave Lackford
I loved all the talk last year about how great they were going to be and all the talk about what they wete going to do to cocoa lol wait and see what cocoa puts on them this year it's going to be worse than last year

Interesting angle of Rockledge versus Cocoa....Funny, I feel the same way with Booker T Washington versus Cocoa. It is going to be worse than last year!

don't know too much about them I hear their pretty good I believe their 3A school decent last year I belive what I do know is cocoa has a lot of new guys coming in several new coaches and one hell of a new quarter back so look for Bruce judson to do more with his speed then run from the quarter back position

Reactions: BrowardHandicapper
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT