ADVERTISEMENT

Ready for College Football

LAZL

Feb 5, 2003
Hey all,
It's been a while since my last post. Quite a while, actually. I've backed off high school football the past couple of years. I hope to someday get back into it but if I ever do, I'm going to need some real help. I'm sure with the right people, we could really build something everyone could enjoy. But for the time being, it's just too hard to: track down all the scores, verify their accuracy and keep track of the schedules & results of the many make-up games related to our Florida storm season. College football is so much easier, especially as it relates to the stress of making sure all games and results are captured.
Anyway, here is some information derived from the 1852 interdivision college game results dating back to 2014 when the BCS went bye, bye.

FBS Power 5 vs FBS Group of 5

P5 679 wins 180 losses .790 Pct.
Average game point margin 18.02 pts

FBS Group of 5 vs FCS

G5 454 wins 51 losses .899 Pct.
Average game point margin 24.5 pts

FCS vs NCAA Division 2

FCS 262 wins 42 losses .862 Pct.
Average game point margin 23.8 pts

Division 2 vs Division 3/NAIA

D2 131 wins 33 losses .712 Pct
Average game point margin 16.0

Hey all,
It's been a while since my last post. Quite a while, actually. I've backed off high school football the past couple of years. I hope to someday get back into it but if I ever do, I'm going to need some real help. I'm sure with the right people, we could really build something everyone could enjoy. But for the time being, it's just too hard to: track down all the scores, verify their accuracy and keep track of the schedules & results of the many make-up games related to our Florida storm season. College football is so much easier, especially as it relates to the stress of making sure all games and results are captured.
Anyway, here is some information derived from the 1852 interdivision college game results dating back to 2014 when the BCS went bye, bye.

FBS Group of 5 vs FCS

FCS vs NCAA Division 2

Laz, great to hear from you! My interest in HS football has waned the last few years, in as far as interest in just one primary school. I've instead had opportunities to be around kids in the 15-21 age range and subsequently its allowed me to become indirectly involved in their academic and athletic activities......

Understand completely why without a network of help, why tracking down schedules and scores has become a impossible task similar to that of the mythological figure Sisyphus. Thanks for sharing the info, my understanding is the Gators play their 1st game in approximately 51 days......can't wait!

It’s fantastic to see Laz looking to get back into the world of high school football. He is a legend among many longtime fans. With the loss of Joe Pinkos then Laz dropping high school football it has left a void for many fans all over the state.

His college football predictions are usually rated at the top of the food chain of that type of service.

Last edited:
Laz, great to hear from you! My interest in HS football has waned the last few years, in as far as interest in just one primary school. I've instead had opportunities to be around kids in the 15-21 age range and subsequently its allowed me to become indirectly involved in their academic and athletic activities......

Understand completely why without a network of help, why tracking down schedules and scores has become an impossible task similar to that of the mythological figure Sisyphus. Thanks for sharing the info, my understanding is the Gators play their 1st game in approximately 51 days......can't wait!
gatorman001, if you are referring to the Florida Gators you are one of the few Gators fans that are looking forward to this season :)

Not expecting to compete for a national title or anything like that. I see a defense that should be statistically, way better than what we saw last year! I'm still a big believer in Max Brown at QB, and not understanding why Mertz at this point is instead being penciled in as the starter? So I have questions in general about the 2023 offense.........looking for a potential 8 win season, and know the first 3 games will go a long way to determining whether that record is even possible.

Reactions: MarkECannon
Hey all,

FBS Group of 5 vs FCS

FCS vs NCAA Division 2

Laz, as you know already, I’m all in to help you in any way I can.

Glad to hear it Laz. As far as College, this last two decades has proven to me that The Curse of the Orange Bowl is real. It caused me to cast the NFL team to the curb and the Canes are getting closer all the time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT