ADVERTISEMENT

Question on Post Season Play

Choctaw_fan

Gold Member
Oct 31, 2003
If a team is banned by the NCAA from participating in the post season, should they be allowed to compete in the conference championship?

Also, if they participate and win the conference championship, does the team they beat in the championship game get to represent the conference as the winner in post season competition?

This can happen in many sports but today it will affect FGCU who will play Stetson for the A-Sun championship and an automatic berth in the NCAA mens basketball tournament. There is a good chance Stetson will win but they are banned from the post season.

In my opinion, anyone banned by the NCAA should not participate in a conference championship. It only takes away from the teams that participated legally. It also makes the entire conference look bad. Cheat and you'll still be rewarded!

What do you all think?

The reason Stetson is banned has nothing to do with any type of cheating. NCAA has a rule about transfers and how many continue playing to how many drop out. Stetson had to many players transfer over the previous years and the kids now have to receive the punishment. Once this semester finishes the numbers improve and they can reapply for reinstatement. In this case I think they should be able to participate!! If they win, North Florida represents the conference due to being regular season champs, if FGCU wins then they represent the conference.

FGCU...

CDhryfHUkAAmTrJ.jpg

They won! It was a great back and forth game. Even the overtime period was close all the way.

Yes it was...

I was actually pulling for Stetson...

I have an OLD friend that played rec-ball their years ago...

Based on what I've seen in other NCAA games this season, neither team will go far in the NCAA Championship. No repeat of 2013. Of course, my Gators probably won't make the tournament so FGCU or Miami are the two teams I'll root for.

Speaking of Stetson basketball....how about a shoutout for the Hatters most famous ex-player, 6'9" Ted " You Rang " Cassidy. He played the butler "Lurch" on the old TV series The Adams Family. My uncle went to school with him there in Deland at Stetson. He was a really good guy, intelligent and friendly.

https://news.google.com/newspapers?...AIBAJ&sjid=ftMEAAAAIBAJ&pg=1871,3113787&hl=en

Now there's a real deal shout out Mr. Dan. I got to meet Ted Cassidy shortly after the Bi-Centennial in 1977.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT