ADVERTISEMENT

Question for the mods..............

gatorman001

Aug 31, 2003
About a week or 2 ago I noticed a change with where posts appear on the message board. In the past any new reply to a post would automatically elevate the post back to the top of the message board. If a post became popular it would stay at or near the top of the message board until it eventually lost community interest. It was interest in a post that kept it near the top or if it lacked interest it would slip down to the bottom of the page.

Now a position of a post is based entirely on when it was initially was posted, regardless of the community interest in that post. Meaning a post drawing large community interest will fall down to the bottom of the page as new post are made despite what ever community interest it may have drawn.

Who made that change and why? If you have posters who posts typically draw large community interest, and your site struggles to keep consistent hits.......this seems very counter productive from a business model standpoint..............................

Go Canes Go!

GM that sounds really shitty if you ask me and I never noticed it (been away seeing different countries last month or so). That's not a change a regular mod can make nor do I think it's one that I can even fix but I'll look into it and see if anyone else knows what's going on.

My guess is that's a direct change from Rivals....

If you don't mind pass on your post to the hire powers as well as I think that sucks

There have been so few new posts, I hadn't noticed. In the past, a thread was moved to the top when a new post was made to it.

Personally, I don't need the notifications that someone posted to my thread or that anything is trending. I hit that red number at the top right occasionally only to get rid of it!

GM after further review I'm not seeing what your saying. The posts to me appear to be operating the same as they always have.

Anyone else see what GM is saying cause from my view it's still acting the normal way last post to the top

Well now it seems to be working as it had in the past.............I'll take a screen shot and send it to you if it happens again, so you can see what Im talking about. Thanks for checking Peezy28

Go Canes Go!

if you reply to a post it will always go back up to the top just like this one will do after I post this one. Then it will start to go back down as new post in other topics are posted after this one...Its always been done like that..

if you reply to a post it will always go back up to the top just like this one will do after I post this one. Then it will start to go back down as new post in other topics are posted after this one...Its always been done like that..

Yeah, this.

OP, you might have clicked something in the board options on accident. Not sure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT