ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with Wekiva quarterback Ty’ray Davis

FlaVarsity.com

Gold Member
Apr 28, 2022
How did the high school football season go overall?
“Last season [we] went 5-6, we fell short on a lot of goals we set up but overall I feel like it’ll only help us learn from our mistakes.”

What are your plans now with sports and workouts?
“As far as sports I’m not doing any other one, and I work out 1 time a day, sometimes 2 or 3 on weekends if I don’t have a 7v7 tournament.”

How do you feel your team will do next football season?
“We obviously lost a lot of key pieces but we also gained a lot of key pieces and implemented what was needed to have a successful season. As the QB my goal is to always put my team in the best [position] to win even though sometimes you can’t plan for what you don’t see, but as the leader of my team I take my responsibility very seriously and that includes getting my team to states.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“If we still have the same schedule as the previous season I definitely feel like West Orange will be the toughest team. They lost close to nothing so they have a lot of team chemistry and they went deep in the playoffs last year.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“I really don’t think there’s anybody that will give us some chaos but if I had to choose I think DL Joshua Alexander from Edgewater would be the toughest, he gets to the ball fast and he has a lot of moves to get off O-linemen.”

Do you want to play sports in college? If so, which one?
“Yes, I do want to play football on the next level and it's always been my dream to go to USC or Ohio state.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“Recently Florida State, USF, Marshall, Duke, Ohio, Cincinnati, and a couple more have been recruiting me.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“I would have to say Florida State, Cincinnati, and USF.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“No.”

Do you have plans for any trips soon?
“I have an unofficial visit to Florida state on March 7th.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“When I was younger I used to like Miami And Florida but as I got older I loved Oklahoma but as of right now my favorite school is USC since most of Oklahoma coaching staff and players went there. I also like Ohio State and Oregon.”

Reactions: Davisboysmom06
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News