ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with Palm Beach Gardens running back Landon Carr

FlaVarsity.com

Gold Member
Apr 28, 2022
How did the high school football season go overall?
“This past high school season went alright, but definitely not how I wanted ideally. I came off a hip injury that took me the summer to recover from and pulled my hamstring the first week of camp, so beginning the season was definitely challenging. However, as a team we made it to the regional finals and really came together during the playoffs. Overall, I’d say the season was successful, but I definitely have a lot more I want to accomplish in my senior year.”

What are your plans now with sports and workouts?
“This year I’ve decided to dedicate this off-season to maximizing my potential for the fall. Freshman year I wrestled and sophomore year I played lacrosse. I felt as if both of these decisions ended up slowing down my overall progression as a football player. This is why I have decided to get a speed and agility trainer and hone in on football focused training rather than getting wrapped up in another sport. Many have their input on how I should be playing another sport right now, but everyone will see in the spring the real work I’ve been putting in.”

How do you feel your team will do next football season?
“Though it sounds cliche, I feel my team has a legit chance at making a run for states. I feel we have one of the best 2024 classes in the area and if we could find a couple people to step up, I’m betting on us any day.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“I don’t know exactly who's on our schedule yet. However, based on the past years it’s a good chance we play Atlantic and Pahookee again which I think will be our biggest competition. From what I know, like us, both of those teams have a talented young group coming up like we do.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“I don’t like to put individuals on a pedestal. Football THE true team sport. I feel it doesn’t matter who we go against, if we work as a unit, no individual will beat us. If I had to answer the question however, I’d say the number 7 from Atlantic is probably up there.”

Do you want to play sports in college? If so, which one?
“Yes, I want to play football in college. Ideally I would like to play at an Ivy league school like UPenn or Brown so I am set for the future.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“My recruiting process has been going smoothly. I got a verbal offer from Charollete [sic] at the end of winter. I’ve also been getting recruited by Fordham and Brown. Other than that I have talked to a handful of other division 1 schools that said they’d keep an eye on me in the spring and another handful of division 2 schools.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“As of now there isn’t a school that is recruiting me super hard.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“Last summer I toured Texas university, but that’s about it.”

Do you have plans for any trips soon?
“I am planning for several trips this summer. I want to get up north so I can tour at several Ivy league camps like Princeton, UPenn, Brown, Yale, Fordham, and other colleges. I also am going to compete at several prospect camps in Ohio with a couple of my teammates. I suspect the hours of work I’ve put in coupled with my hard work in the classroom will really set me up for success in my recruitment.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“I never necessarily had a favorite college, but as I’ve grown up I’ve become a UF fan and would love the opportunity to go there.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News