ADVERTISEMENT

President of Texas Coaches Association warns peers about IMG (link)

IMG had kids from ALL OVER the good ole U. S. of A. at the Nike Regional Opening last week...

Maryland, Jersey, Texas, Ohio, Indiana, Georgia, Nebraska, etc...

To name a few...

IMG and who they play is always an interesting topic. I'm aware that IMG has road games at Chaminade Madonna and Oxbridge Academy and will host Miami Carol City and Boyd Andersen. Chaminade has the potential to be a top 100 team in America for all classes if they play their cards right this year and Oxbridge isn't far behind them. I understand those games being played. Not sure what Boyd or Carol City gain.

Regardless, that's 4 games I'm aware of, so IMG would have 6 slots still left to schedule. I'm assuming the usual suspects aren't playing them (JaxTCA, CCC, OTC) as they've already played IMG recently. With the word coming down in Texas NOT to schedule them- I'm curious who will get the "itch" and play them anyway.

We offered to play them and they wanted no part of it...

I can't blame them cuz we're pretty darn good...

They also played Bergen Catholic and Paramus Catholic from New Jersey last year. The thing is, if you play IMG, you are liable to lose your top player(s). They recruit the best players from around the country, including players from the teams they play against.

Reactions: bnoles
Manatee threw against them the other day. They have some studs! Those kids from Texas are for real! Manatee County School Board is not allowing any of the public schools to play them in any sports! IMG has wanted to play Manatee for years now. It will never happen.

Never say never: Money talks and Bullshit walks. They are investing in their future and will pave the way to become a modern day gladiator school with dollars.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT