ADVERTISEMENT

Playoffs question?

PK_FSU_GRAD

Nov 22, 2006
Since Pahokee went 0-10 this past season. How will that affect their 1A-4A opponents that have scheduled them for this upcoming season?

Since Pahokee went 0-10 this past season. How will that affect their 1A-4A opponents that have scheduled them for this upcoming season?
Aren't the points you acquire/earn during the upcoming season the only source used in end of year totals ? Last year should be irrelevant......one would think (just a guess)

Reactions: DarterBlue2
I thought teams got more points for teams that made the playoffs, state champs, OOS state champs etc..

PK,

How is the community taking the news of the forfeits?

I know Armwood had already put up their title banner on their bill board right next to the others and then removed it after the FHSAA came down on them.

Will Pahokee still celebrate this year as a title year? I mean... I won it on the field they'd have to make me take down the banner lol.

Playoff Point System
In addition to the previous basic points, bonus points are awarded on the following basis:  Three bonus points will be awarded for scheduling and playing a team that participated in the playoffs the previous two year scheduling cycle (In 2015 OR 2016). Those bonus points will carry with you both years of the new two year scheduling cycle if the game is played both years.  Three bonus points will be given for scheduling and playing a team that finished in the top 25 end of the year Maxpreps or USAtoday final expert football rankings. These bonus points will carry with you both years of the new two year scheduling cycle if the game is played both years.
*The maximum bonus points a team can earn per game is 3.

PK,

How is the community taking the news of the forfeits?

I know Armwood had already put up their title banner on their bill board right next to the others and then removed it after the FHSAA came down on them.

Will Pahokee still celebrate this year as a title year? I mean... I won it on the field they'd have to make me take down the banner lol.
The community has accepted it, because we know we won't win the appeal. There's more outrage towards the school (AD, Head Coach) because they should've caught this if no one else did. We'll treat this like the Alabama fans, we won, but it's not in record books.... Next years team should be REAL GOOD, just have to find a QB. We're gonna be strong on both lines

Playoff Point System
In addition to the previous basic points, bonus points are awarded on the following basis:  Three bonus points will be awarded for scheduling and playing a team that participated in the playoffs the previous two year scheduling cycle (In 2015 OR 2016). Those bonus points will carry with you both years of the new two year scheduling cycle if the game is played both years.  Three bonus points will be given for scheduling and playing a team that finished in the top 25 end of the year Maxpreps or USAtoday final expert football rankings. These bonus points will carry with you both years of the new two year scheduling cycle if the game is played both years.
*The maximum bonus points a team can earn per game is 3.

307Mac,

I think that was the original, but I believe they removed that later on in the process. This is the proposal that was passed by FHSAA.
http://www.fhsaa.org/sites/default/...tors_approves_new_football_playoff_format.pdf

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT