ADVERTISEMENT

Picking against the "line" games...

Phac Nam

Sep 10, 2015
Slap's site has a game in which you pick 5 upsets - against the Pinko's line - out of 20 select games...I've tried to play along myself and it's pretty fun. Willie is near the top and I have no idea what Skip was doing last week...he must have forgotten how to play! I would like to hear some of your opinions on these 20 Pinko's line games!

Apopka 39 over University (Orlando)
DeLand 3 over Seminole (Sanford)
Atlantic Coast 32 over (5A) Paxon
Braden River 13 over (6A) Leesburg
Columbia 6 over (6A) Escambia
Lakeland 46 over (8A) Haines City
Oakleaf 10 over (5A) Clay
Tampa Bay Tech 41 over Strawberry Crest
Armwood 18 over (7A) Plant
Mainland 7 over (8A) Dr. Phillips
Miami Central 27 over (4A) Booker T. Washington (Miami)
St. Augustine 8 over (7A) Bartram Trail
Ribault 6 over (7A) First Coast
Mount Dora 18 over (5A) Eustis
South Sumter 21 over (3A) Trinity Catholic
Hilliard 23 over (Ind.) Bishop Snyder
Fort Meade 7 over (7A) Bartow
The Villages 3 over (3A) The First Academy
Raines 77 over (5A) Wolfson
Osceola (Kissimmee) 1 over (6A) Heritage

Read more: http://floridafootball.freeforums.net/thread/826/upset-predictions?page=4#ixzz3mNtgpOJT

Atlantic Coast 32 over (5A) Paxon
ACHS can't get out of it's own way. Take the points

Oakleaf 10 over (5A) Clay
Clay is due a beating after Oak Leaves burning last week.
St. Augustine 8 over (7A) Bartram Trail
Has St. Aug lost a game in county EVER?
Ribault 6 over (7A) First Coast
Man, what have the fighting Mahties come to? Don't trust this line, they just whooped ACD by 65
Hilliard 23 over (Ind.) Bishop Snyder
Take the Snydes on this one! Bet the trailer payment!
Raines 77 over (5A) Wolfson
Raines couldn't score 78 points on air. Bet that.

Paxon ain't got a snowball's chance of keeping AC under 80 if the 'Rays decide that's how they want to roll...
Green Cove is not a place to go if you're looking for sympathy...Oakleaf better lick those wounds quickly...
Have you seen the BT quarterbacks? That one kid is a monster...
I think da'Bault is da'Back...this is a signature win for the Trojans...
Hilliard will triple that...with a running clock...
Wolfson is bad...but eleven touchdowns (and extra points...I'm not even getting into the "toe-ball" element of picking them by 77) is a set up...

Heritage Palm Bay had a decent team last year and could be even better this year. Both teams look close to even on paper.
Look at the kicking game and the often said expression that field position could be the difference.
I'm gonna go with Osceola by 10. Home field advantage and a fired up crowd inspire the defense.

That, I can see, Scratch...Osceola laying 1, I have a hard time picturing...but, hey, that's why they play the game! If Pinko's job was to generate interest and boost ticket sales, I'd think he did a good job! With that said, your boy Phac Nam will be surprised if the game is within 6 points...and, the more I think about it, the more I think Bartow might just have something for the Miners this week as well...

Like I said, the concept of the Slap's game...makes you think about match-ups from other parts of the state and other divisions as well...any of you guys check it out?

I picture Dan in Daytona looking like Leiutenant Dan from Forrest Gump... who was a legend...

I'd (clearly) take Wolfson, but I'd also take Osceola. Plant would cover the spread...but betting on a HS game is a bit over the limit

I picture Dan in Daytona looking like Leiutenant Dan from Forrest Gump... who was a legend...

Here you go Mid, just took a selfie, might have same jacket on friday

Up_at_the_66th_Mostra.jpg

Reactions: Cat_Scratch
I'd (clearly) take Wolfson, but I'd also take Osceola. Plant would cover the spread...but betting on a HS game is a bit over the limit
I agree on all of those, DP...I hope I didn't insinuate that betting is taking place though.

Ha, I knew that there was no betting. Osceola/Heritage is a great match up.

Last edited:
DP - best moderator in the business today...by the way, Willie Stargell is preaching the gospel over there today...DP, do you know Willie? I'm sure he's backlisted from long, long ago...just didn't know if you knew him.

...by the way, Willie Stargell is preaching the gospel over there today... I'm sure he's backlisted from long, long ago...
"Willie Stargell" got bounced, but done came back reincarnated as "Wiilie.Stargell" (pronounciated "Willie Dot Stargell". Nu'Trelle ain't got no black book on nobody, but far as he know Willie good to post long as he throw the Dot in there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT