ADVERTISEMENT

Pick your conferences for Final Four this first week.

Silver King

Nov 29, 2002
Punta Gorda
SK occasionally brings up College football on here because, well let's face it, Florida is the best HS football state overall and so many Florida players play around the country - SK must have heard a dozen mentioned yesterday while watching a couple games, so its realitive. Plus this board can get boring because only a few post their observations about HS games they watched.

So, who you got conference-wise in the final four? Doesn't have to be from the "The usual suspects," below.

If you like two teams it may look like this: SEC, ACC, SEC, Big 10.

Here's some confrence wise opening day results:

Pac 12 7-5 Typical, but they could be trying Ohio State's formula to lose early and get back in

SEC 12-1 With only Vandy loosing. Long way back until some dominant Qs develop, that's a fact Jack.

Big 10 7-5 (OSU plays Monday night). Urban is a beast when he could get SK to pull for OSU last year's final.

ACC 10-3 (VT playing Monday night). Maybe a surprise conference this year...But SK a delusional Canes fan

Last edited:
It will take several more weeks to make that kind of prediction since most teams had very easy games. However, when Ohio St loses tomorrow night (Mark May prediction), it will confirm that the Big 10 is still a so-so conference. The Big 12 fell a few notches, also. I was disappointed in TCU but very impressed with Baylor.

It's going to be another great season!

The SEC West is stacked top to bottom. Out of the East I like Georgia for now.

ACC - GA Tech possibly.

UCLA could be a team to watch with Rosen at QB.

Reactions: Silver King
That's the fun of it Choc, like Lou Reed sez: "Take a walk on the wild side" and pick four. Now, if OSU loses it won't mean a thing for the defending champs template with the rest of that weak schedule.

Ain't skeered.
SEC - too many asses in seats.
Big 12 - errybody there plays with a chip this season
B1G- again, market share
PAC 12- Cause when SK HOLDS A GRUDGE, IT SOMETIMES GOES BEYOND LOGIC.

Reactions: Silver King
Did SK just ask Choctaw to take a walk on the wild side? She's barely unpacked from her move to SW FL and this Player is making his move...
Big ups to Daytona Dan for bein spot on, but around these parts wimmens refer to SK as "playah" (not "Player") ... and they reportedly comes from as far away as Iceland to find out just how much game he still got.

Wolf-Stansson-e1365003351189.jpg

Know the facts! SK already has a girl friend and I don't like to share.

As for my picks, I know they are late but I'll post them any way.
Ohio St (ugh!) - Big 10
Auburn - SEC
Baylor - Big 12
Arkansas - SEC

How's that for going way out there?

Reactions: peezy28
SK likes the exotic ones. The Ice Princess is right at 6-feet tall, never know when you're gonna need a partner for a pick-up basketball game...

B10 - OSU
BIG12 - TCU
SEC - GAWJA (DARKHORSE)
ACC - FSU/ND (I AM A HOMER KEEPING UP HOPE)

If there is no viable ACC Team ND will get in they will have a pretty damn good season. If they go Undefeated they will trump any ACC team is my guess (voters love ND).

1. OSU for obvious reasons.
2. Bama, you can't hold them down for 2 years in a row with Saban running the program.
3. TCU, wants to prove their season wasn't a fluke and that they deserved to be in over FSU/Bama/Orgasmic U.
4. Notre Dame, they always look good at the start and this year they have an O-Line. Hey,. It's my opinion. lol.

A couple of times - hey tMonday night make this picking stuff easy Big 10 is in; they go undefeated until the playoffs.

Can I still change my picks? Even if Auburn wins against Jacksonville State, it will hurt them in the rankings. They would have to win the SEC to even have a chance. Thanks, Will Muschamp, for some awesome defense!

Yes you can; like I said above until a dominant Q establishes himself the SEC may have a hard time winning a title. But then again, Qs are falling like flies.

I saw all I needed for Auburn last week when they were claiming Muschamp the second coming of D-Coaches. I used to think he was a great assistant and an awful HC, but he may have lost something with that stint at UF. They may play an upset roll but doubt they'll be in contention based on these two games.

Well, the Dame is down on RB's now... Guess I will have to take my lumps like the rest of em.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT