ADVERTISEMENT

Peezy

Silver King

Nov 29, 2002
Punta Gorda
ESPN 2 just had a shot of former Clearwater RB, Adarius Lemons, the kid you told me about. He just signed with Florida.

ESPN 2 just had a shot of former Clearwater RB, Adarius Lemons, the kid you told me about. He just signed with Florida.

Yeah... the way the story goes is UF was going to send him a LOI by the end of the day if they ended up with an open spot. They missed on a few guys so it opened up a door for him and the kid from Lakeland.

That is the good news.

The bad news is kid still has ton's of maturing and he has to qualify.

Also he has to prove he wants to be coached and not just try to rest on his talents (as already discussed ad nauseum the kid is super fast, super strong, and great size, but he is a ME ME guy, doesn't have great vision, or balance and will try to bounce outside every play). That will work at Clearwater High but not in the SEC.

I am rooting for the kid but I know the hill he has to climb and I Just hope his mindset changes drastically in the next few months after almost having football taken away from him.

Reactions: BrowardHandicapper
I think his best bet (have to get him to accept it because kid has an Ego like Deion Sanders) is for him to RS his Freshman year get acclimated to college life and studies and weight room.. He has always been a BEAST in the weight room and his 6'2 190lb frame could easily put in another 15 20lbs although he doesn't need it IMO.

Malik Davis is also a darn good RB but I would think more college ready mentally. (Physically its Lemons though).

Reactions: 4A 8 FAN
Yeah... the way the story goes is UF was going to send him a LOI by the end of the day if they ended up with an open spot. They missed on a few guys so it opened up a door for him and the kid from Lakeland.

That is the good news.

The bad news is kid still has ton's of maturing and he has to qualify.

Also he has to prove he wants to be coached and not just try to rest on his talents (as already discussed ad nauseum the kid is super fast, super strong, and great size, but he is a ME ME guy, doesn't have great vision, or balance and will try to bounce outside every play). That will work at Clearwater High but not in the SEC.

I am rooting for the kid but I know the hill he has to climb and I Just hope his mindset changes drastically in the next few months after almost having football taken away from him.

Kane Taylor never signed.. Hearing that he's still working on his grades. Schools are interesting in him. I hope he lands at USF

No actually you don't want him to end up at USF...That would be the worst for him. He doesn't need to be a stones throw from Clearwater.

Louisville is holding a spot for him if he meets certain criteria. If that doesn't work out he will get on at a JUCO

I think his best bet (have to get him to accept it because kid has an Ego like Deion Sanders) is for him to RS his Freshman year get acclimated to college life and studies and weight room.. He has always been a BEAST in the weight room and his 6'2 190lb frame could easily put in another 15 20lbs although he doesn't need it IMO.

Malik Davis is also a darn good RB but I would think more college ready mentally. (Physically its Lemons though).
what about a gray shirt?

what about a gray shirt?

That would mean the player has to pay for himself for a whole semester (his family wouldnt be able to do that) and not be in a structured environment apart of the team... You'd lose this kid in particular before the 1st month is out IMO... also he will need to be drug tested (since he admitted to the Tampa Bay Times he got caught twice it's public knowledge)

"pay for himself"...wink, wink...this is football we're talking about, now...seems like those boys don't even have to acknowledge rape anymore!

Good point but still your not apart of the team as a Gray... he needs structure... Lots of it

No actually you don't want him to end up at USF...That would be the worst for him. He doesn't need to be a stones throw from Clearwater.

Louisville is holding a spot for him if he meets certain criteria. If that doesn't work out he will get on at a JUCO

Ah, I see. I hope everything works out for him. I didn't know about the drug things.

Four rtealz dat yous'd too bea collge you'all juss bussin 4A da'gawn chops. Let dat boy be.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT