ADVERTISEMENT

Peezy how's 6A up your way, tell me sumptin'

Osceola is a traditional Wing T Team. George Palmer has been running the same system since like 1991 there. Wing T Triple option... They came out and scored on us 1st drive of the game then we controlled the game from there on out. That is how it is playing Wing T teams these days since your not used to playing or practicing against them... They are usually good for some "adjustment period" scores but after that talent should take over. Their defense is very scrappy but they also lost their best 2 way player to a serious injury as he had to be led off in an ambulance strapped down and all.

Charlotte by my measure should win this game by something like 35-14.

What is your take on Port Charlotte?

2nd round match-up at the Tornadoes Den may happen.

Young team, inconsistent, couple of decent running backs. They don't throw particularly well, or didn't against us. They usually play pretty good defense, but this year they've been giving up some points. I honestly thought the way they've been scoring they'd at least reached the 20s in our game. Again, our district was down in Lee county and those teams weren't very competitive this year, even the ones with the D-1 athletes (maybe would have been different had your FSU commit's team not lost 6 guys for half the season). They beat him his first game back, maybe their best game this year, I caught their comeback on the radio returning from our game.

They can be scrappy, they came out on fire and went up 8-0, but things changed in a hurry when things started going bad for them. They want another shot at us, and the only way for that to happen is both of us winning, so you'll get an effort, their young coach will have them motivated.

Sorry to hear about the kid getting injured, hope he's OK.

Last edited:
Trust me, our guys are going to be really motivated too. These kids are really hungry for the playoffs and the HC I have known 18 years has been waiting for a moment like this for a very long time.

Good luck. I'm curious to see how it all shakes out. I just hope the Fish finish the regular season strong against Palmetto - whose three loses came from pretty darn good teams. This will be our toughest opponent this season so far.

I see you guys beat the crap out of everyone... So your of the mind that the SWFL teams were pretty weak this year? I also see you Beat North Miami and Ft. Lauderdale but doesn't look like they are any good this year either.

We're beating bad teams like we're supposed to, we just haven't had the opportunity to play many good teams. Palmetto took Manatee the distance, they should be a good test. I caught a clip of the game between Clearwater and Osceola on TBO, looked like an awful lot of turnovers did that impact the game?

I think it was the 2nd or 3rd quarter we had a span of hot potato with us giving the ball to them and them giving it right back. no scores came out of it. Very uncharacteristic of both teams to be honest. Actually we did get one score off of turnover. They gave it to us on the 30 and our RB hit it for a score on the next play.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT