ADVERTISEMENT

Palmetto 27 Manatee 9 FINAL

gatorman001

Aug 31, 2003
The game went just about as I suspected it would, except for the fact that Palmetto was hit particularly hard with injuries on offense and was still able to put 27 points on the Manatee defense. I didn't see a decided talent advantage either way before the game, and after watching the game still feel these two teams are fairly evenly matched from a talent perspective..........the distinguishing difference between the 2 teams comes down to coaching and the ability to lead. Manatee has a 3 year starter at QB that has nearly thrown for as many INTs in just the first 3 games of the 2021 season , as he had thrown in his previous 2 seasons combined and has yet to throw a single TD pass.

The next 3 teams on the Manatee schedule, I see as games Manatee is destined to lose. At that point I see a 0-6 Manatee team with only a 50% chance to win 1/2 of its remaining games for a final 2-8 season. This isn't a Manatee team from a talent perspective, that might possibly end its season with only 2 wins, this was Manatee team had it had competent coaching should have ended its 2021 season with a winning season and playing at least a couple of rounds into the playoffs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Silver King
Every school will have their ups and downs, even the powerhouses. Us 'canes fans been spoiled for a lotta years.

Every school will have their ups and downs, even the powerhouses. Us 'canes fans been spoiled for a lotta years.
Perhaps your reply would be better served in its own topic, where its title could be something like this (When fans expectations, become unreasonable). In as far as the current situation at Manatee with its football team........I noted the Manatee Facebook page yesterday was loaded up with negative comments about the football product being put on the field, one that caught my eye was one from a former Canes QB, with particularly pointed comments about what he deemed was a highly political as well as spoiled/privilaged booster organization.........

Well I thought Manatee had enough to win that game. Things look extremely bleak now. Maybe 0-6? Anyone calling for changes?

I also felt going into the game, that Manatee was at least as talented as Palmetto......my prediction on the game, came down to quality of coaching and is why I predicted a Palmetto victory. There was chatter on the Manatee facebook page (well before the Manatee booster administering the page deleted it all), that centered around the lack of quality with product they were seeing on the field. A few were more pointed about the coaching, the former QB was specific with his citing the pollicization of the booster organization and its questionable involvement with decisions being made with regards to firing and hiring of the head ball coach of the last year.

Palmetto isnt very good right now either. I think you could see a scenario where NO Manatee county team is in the post season. In Sarasota Venice is a state title contender, Sarasota will probably play a couple weeks into the playoffs, and likewise for Riverview

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT