ADVERTISEMENT

OT: An Eagle Was Lost

Choctaw_fan

Gold Member
Oct 31, 2003
As devoted as Silver King is to Steely Dan, I am to the Eagles. I grew up with them. I recently bought their boxed set and often play it on long trips. I can turn it on and go back 40 years. The best part of their music were the songs found on the back side of the record. Google the song "I Wish You Peace." One of their best!

The loss of Glenn Frey and his amazing voice is tragic. We can only live with his memories. I wish you peace, Glenn!

Last edited:
Yeah, part of the soundtrack of my youth also - one of America's greatest groups. Journey Well Glenn! I predict someone from the Beach Boys is next - I caught Brian Wilson's first concert back after locking himself in his room for a couple years; Miami Hollywood Speedway Park, 1975. Home on Spring Break, met some buddies from Belle Glade there after the concert, kissed my Florida girl goodbye and we drove non-stop to Dodge City.

Well I'm guilty that I never even knew he was an Eagle. I thought he was just a singer with a few famous songs like Smuggler's Blues that has some cool lyrics.

C'mon Ron. I bet you're old enough to remember the days of not sitting in front of the TV watching one sporting event after another.

I grew up in a family who went camping and later to a lake house. Sometimes music was all we had. And, since my dad was a musician, we learned to appreciate and enjoy it.

C'mon Ron. I bet you're old enough to remember the days of not sitting in front of the TV watching one sporting event after another.

I grew up in a family who went camping and later to a lake house. Sometimes music was all we had. And, since my dad was a musician, we learned to appreciate and enjoy it.
Calm down. I remember when Henley and Frey hated each other. Just long enough to get a Live album together. FWIW, my favorite was The Long Run.

It's all good. More Creedence.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT