ADVERTISEMENT

OL Arrested for Punching Ref

Choctaw_fan

Gold Member
Oct 31, 2003
This is truly unbelievable. I know the line between sports and violence is very thin but this was unacceptable. There is video but no audio to know what was said between the group of players and the ref. http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id...rmer-arrested-suspicion-battery-game-official

It appears to me that children today are not taught restraint and self-discipline. How many times do we want to punch someone, ram another car, or just scream at the top of our lungs because of injustices. But, as adults, we know there are consequences for those actions. I guess time outs and sitting in the corner just doesn't work!

That kid was huge... his football career is over all on one bad emotional decision.

Lotta O-linesmens goin postal all of a sudden! Maybe - for his own safety - it'd be a good idea to put Silver King in protective custody?

I still want to hear what was said. I don't think you'll get the whole story until you have that.

Five years. Stupid bastard should have let the "Gift of Snap" work for him and worked that rage to get to the NFL. Once there he could have got it all out of his system and prolly would have just sat for a week or so.

Adrian and Ray and most of the15 NFL players arrested for violence against women the last two years didn't catch anything that strict.

Also he's being discriminated against because he's an O-Lineman. If he had a Heisman Trophy like OJ, who killed two people, he'd get off too.

Reactions: anon_00zx5879k0jmw
Difference is this college and not the NFL. Your a student first and player last and being a player it's considered an extra-curriculum activity. I glad the kid got banned IMHO, there is no reason for what he did to that ref, none.

5 years! That kind of means his career is over, right?

Unless he can find another conference to play with as it was the conference that banned him for 5 years. So he could transfer if another conference and college would take him. But I doubt it as he may need to be cleared throught the NCAA, I don't know the rules on this.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT