ADVERTISEMENT

Ocala 7 on7 (16 team ) Day 1

Dan in Daytona

Nov 20, 2008
Blazing sun ( 98 degrees ) , and not a tree in sight. Tip my hat to the players and coaches, who get zero compensation, for dealing with those extreme temperatures Saturday morning and that killer afternoon heat. In pool play, NO WATER INVOLVED, Daytona Mainland and Spoto High ( S.E. of Tampa ) both finished 4-0. My Buc's were winners over Hollywood Hills 63-2, Ocala Vanguard 29-28 ( excellent display of D-1 ballplayers on offense and defense, both squads ) , Lake City Columbia 28-18, and Ocoee 45-11. Day 2 begins at 9:30 this morning in a seeded single game elimination format to determine a champion. Can't make it, got to go to work. Which in this case might save my life with the forecast temps to repeat those of Saturday. I felt all six decades yesterday, and it wasn't pretty. Think the Mainland coaching staff was worried about my health. They didn't want to haul a cold blue "stiff one " back on the bus to Daytona :)

Last edited:
Mainland beats Vanguard for tournament championship !!! Bucs take lead with less than a minute ...and go crazy. Vanguard retakes the lead with 5 seconds to go ...and goes crazy too. They get penalty ( too crazy :)). Mainland throws short completion and calls time out. Hail Mary for the win ( Zero on the clock )..... "BUCS GO Crazy !" Very good sportsmanship after the contest, laughing, joking, hand shakes, and hugging. Prior to the game lots of trash talking, no love.

I dontnlike two day tournaments. Logistical nightmare and sometimes kids drop from day 1 to day 2 and sometimes you get a different team mentally from day 1 to day 2.

That said there are some great teams in Ocala and I am sure this tournament was great
We went to the 352pigskinreport 7on7 earlier this summer and had a blast

Was Corey Long out there?

How Columbia look?
Tiger fan what I saw of them Friday was good. They jumped out on Mainland by double digits and never gave up. Mainland just has to many weapons at wide receiver for most teams to shut down. Not to mention a Sr QB who knows how to light the score board up. Your QB looked pretty good at times but missed some opportunities. Your coach who calls the plays is hardcore. He doesn't tolerate errors well. He'll have you guys ready by the fall or run a bunch of guys off :) Mainland knocked Columbia out of the tourney Saturday morning 36-11. Peace

Reactions: Columbiahighfan1
Lol sounds right and we take 7 on 7 very seriously but the fact we competed with mainland should be good going into season, hey Daytona you should come over and join me at joshuas board, You have some good insight and would be a welcome addition to the board

I dontnlike two day tournaments. Logistical nightmare and sometimes kids drop from day 1 to day 2 and sometimes you get a different team mentally from day 1 to day 2.

That said there are some great teams in Ocala and I am sure this tournament was great
We went to the 352pigskinreport 7on7 earlier this summer and had a blast

Was Corey Long out there?
Tampa 1, not sure if I know Corey Long unless he's that big dude who's a friend of Peezy and he wasn't there Friday.... Big 7 on 7 this weekend in Tampa at USF. It's also a two day deal. Mainland will be over there Saturday and Sunday taking names and kicking a$$. ( just play'in : )) Check them out, you won't be disappointed.

Lol sounds right and we take 7 on 7 very seriously but the fact we competed with mainland should be good going into season, hey Daytona you should come over and join me at joshuas board, You have some good insight and would be a welcome addition to the board
I would, but I can't remember my password over there. Tried a couple awhile back to no avail. Getting old is a bitch, both mentally and physically... it does beat the alternative though.... six feet under :)

Last edited:
we have the FCA 7on7 this saturday but maybe Ill check them out sunday

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT