ADVERTISEMENT

O.T.......SK, Daytona boys coming your way ( Trucks Gone Wild )

Dan in Daytona

Nov 20, 2008
Destination : Redneck Yacht Club, Punta Gorda, Fl.
A co-worker ( ex-Buccaneer ) and nine of his buds just trailered up their off road Chevy's and a few four wheeler's for a wild weekend down in your playground. They'll be there when the gates open this morning. Saw pics from last years rainy event, but that didn't slow this hard partying bunch down a lick. Mud, liquor, ladies, and trucks, what more could a young guy want ? From what I was told the Wet T-Shirt, and Bikini Bull-riding competition are a most SEE ! Lot's of boots and Daisy Dukes present at all the trucking events. Wearing Tops must be optional down there in the woods. Is that a SW FL thing ? Ever "see" Choctaw Fan there ? Many questions SK, can you help a brother out with a little info ?

This is my first year down here. I haven't seen it yet but was going to ask my family if they were going.

Danny, I'm sure they'll have a blast. That's near the old Yucapin Cypress where we used to run Jeeps and Broncos back in the day. Home from my Freshman year in college I was coming back from there one Sunday afternoon with a belly full of beer and rolled my old jeep, Black Water Hattie across Hwy 41 when my brakes failed. Once end over end - the other three just regular rolls.

It's been a Gold mine for those guys that opened it up, people come from all over the state. Its a Redneck Rivera muddin', drinkin' hot chickin' spectacle. Yes its all those things you say. On Sundays and Mondays you see the line of muddy trailers and trucks heading both north and south on 41 and 75.

Even though they have their own security, they use an awful lot of city and county resources for injuries and crimes. A guy died last year running a four wheeler between two trucks - one being towed, apparently didn't see the tow line that clotheslined him. The local government got fired up, talked about meeting to close the place down, but eventually went away. They must pay some pretty healthy liability insurance.

Lots of my son's buddies run out there. When I get the time, I like spending it in Bull Bay at the Fish Shack.

No but you got my curiosity, why? Danny: Never a dull moment out there, hope your buddies didn't get hit, this probably happened about when they were getting there (From NBC2):

Punta Gorda gyrocopter incident injures man, starts fire
Posted: Nov 05, 2015 1:43 PM EST

A man went to a Bradenton hospital as a trauma alert, and a five-acre fire was caused by a gyrocopter incident shortly after noon Thursday at the Red Neck Yacht Club in Punta Gorda.

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/30447285...incident-injures-man-starts-fire#.Vjy8sFQo5kQ

Last edited:
SK a long time ago was fishing with a few buddies who knew someone from FSU whose family owned one of those shacks in Bull Bay. Early one morning we hung out with him at the shack due to a lightening storm, he and a friend had been out there after closing a bar down in Punta Gorda where he was back living. They also brought another gentlemen. Cant remember names, but recollect talking about high school football (one knew a lot about Charlotte High) over a big cooler of cold ones. You mentioning the shack in Bull Bay, got me thinking about it.

Small world - we do crow about Todd Rebol who helped win that 93 National Title for FSU, but he'd have been a little kid then. Damn sure sounds like my crew out there, that happens a lot. In the 80s a couple of the Desguin's were going to FSU that played at Charlotte. Was it the shack closest to Bull Key (Not the one at the entrance to Bull Bay)? Ours is right up against the key. All of the 7 owners went to Charlotte High, four of us played ball. One went to FSU ('71), but after a coaching change and a knee injury transferred out to the NAIA where the other two of us were playing. .

SK it was the one in the middle, near the entrance. The guys name was Rex and he has to be around My age 50 now. Wasn't Rebol, but did see he was coaching Jv This year and possibly had a son on the roster?

Yes, that was Rex Goulding - they're right across from us. Heck we had the Venice football staff out years ago: my old running back had girls and coached for a while at Charlotte and was into traveling volleyball with Venice and Charlotte kids. Their great Volleyball coach, Wheatley and he are friends. Yeah Todd has a son and is coaching JV, great guy. Where you at, are you in the area?

That's him, I think he might have brought his Dad out with him that morning to hang out. Had a good time, laughed a lot talking about the college days. As I said earlier he is a fraternity brother of a few friends of mine from FSU in the mid 80's.Havnt been back in Bull Bay in awhile, but went there after the hurricane and was glad to see them still there. They are great places. Lifelong resident of Sarasota.

Reactions: Silver King
Cool, his dad Joe was a local legend. Yeah after Charley, our wives were on us - we started rebuilding three weeks after the storm, went out there every weekend for about four months and we got it back up. Special place out there.

Danny heard it was a good one - did they have fun? Saw about six mud covered expensive looking vehicles on trailers in the parking lot of Cracker Barrel yesterday morning.

Won't see'em till later in the week SK. I'm sure they had a blast, no wives, girlfriends. Also pretty sure they blew some stuff up, and couldn't care less :)

Destination : Redneck Yacht Club, Punta Gorda, Fl.
A co-worker ( ex-Buccaneer ) and nine of his buds just trailered up their off road Chevy's and a few four wheeler's for a wild weekend down in your playground. They'll be there when the gates open this morning. Saw pics from last years rainy event, but that didn't slow this hard partying bunch down a lick. Mud, liquor, ladies, and trucks, what more could a young guy want ? From what I was told the Wet T-Shirt, and Bikini Bull-riding competition are a most SEE ! Lot's of boots and Daisy Dukes present at all the trucking events. Wearing Tops must be optional down there in the woods. Is that a SW FL thing ? Ever "see" Choctaw Fan there ? Many questions SK, can you help a brother out with a little info ?
Let's see, rednecks, mud, big tires,livestock, beer, ground itch, and ring worm.

Yeah, I'm going to need to see somebody's sister nekkid.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT