ADVERTISEMENT

O.T. #1 Palm Beach State 91 #3 Daytona State 87

Dan in Daytona

Nov 20, 2008
In a mid season battle between Florida NJCAA Division 1 (Region 8) powers, the Panthers of Palm Beach edged the Falcons of Daytona State by 4pts in a thriller. Tied 87-87 with 54 seconds to go, my home team, in their house, missed two fouls shoots, a lay up , and a 3 pointer. But make no mistake, the better team came out ahead in this one. Daytona lives and dies by the "3". They shot 11/32 from downtown. The coaching staff gives them the OK to shake an bake, an Jack-it-up from way, way out. Not a lot of ball movement for the home towner's, unlike the well schooled squad from down south in Drummer's neck of the woods. Palm Beach is now 13-0 and will surely keep their #1 state ranking. Daytona falls to 13-3. These two will meet again and if the bombs are falling through the net at a higher frequency the end result could very well be different. I know this is a high school football message board, but for those looking for some high energy, low cost excitement till spring ball begins, checkout your local high school, community college, small or large university basketball team for a great night out. Peace.

I forgot, but you'll never guess who was "moonlighting" at the scorers desk at tonight's game. None other then Flavarsity's own rules guru, an even tempered inhabitant, Jambun ! Was pretty surprised to see him working the game. He's a good guy, giving back to the community....more then I can say for myself. Happy Holidays Jam.

Reactions: Silver King
Thank you, and all the best to you and your family for the Holiday as well Dan. I hope that you enjoy tonight's game and I am looking forward to it as well. We need more Championship, as well any type of football games at our beloved Larry Kelly Field at Municipal Stadium.

All about NWFSC Raiders....defending State & National Champs! That would be both Basketball and Baseball!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT