ADVERTISEMENT

North River HS - Manatee County

Hwy17

Jul 22, 2002
I see that the school will open August 2019. FHSAA has them in class 4A? Will the new school field a varsity team its first year or jv only like others do? Any Manatee posters have the 411?

The only guy who may know about this could be HardeeWildcatFan, but, as you know, HWF were the only guy ever released from his membership by peezy28. So Rivals cancelled HWF's account an he done. Peezy expeck the rest of us have to stay here and post.

Maybe Silver King know somethin, but he been keepin quiet lately.

Pretty sure I read that they would be JV only next year. It would then be up to the coach/AD/principal to determine play level for the second year. After that, they should be a full Varsity program. Similar to the way BRHS started. I think they played 2 or 3 varsity games their second year.

Pretty sure I read that they would be JV only next year. It would then be up to the coach/AD/principal to determine play level for the second year. After that, they should be a full Varsity program. Similar to the way BRHS started. I think they played 2 or 3 varsity games their second year.

Braden River was in our district 2007 & 2008. We know right then that they would be a powerhouse. How fast do you think this new school will develop to be competitive? There were a lot of high hopes for Lakewood Ranch until Braden River opened.

This is the excerpt from the news publication: "Manatee County athletic director Jason Montgomery told the Herald that North River will play a junior varsity schedule the first season, and will have the option of either moving to varsity for the second year or sticking with a JV team or play a hybrid schedule between the two. He added it will depend on the numbers North River gets for its football team as well as the school’s choice on what they’ll do."

Reactions: Hwy17
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT