ADVERTISEMENT

North Marion Colts @ Hoover, Al Buccaneers

ProSetEye

Oct 24, 2011
Ocala
The Colts 8-0 are up in Birmingham, Al tonight going up against the Buccaneers 7-2. This is the first time in Colt's history that they have traveled outside the state for a game. Don't know much about Hoover. However, the Colts probably have their best team in many years. Any thoughts on this game? Will be televised tonight starting at 7 PM by ESPN2.

The Colts 8-0 are up in Birmingham, Al tonight going up against the Buccaneers 7-2. This is the first time in Colt's history that they have traveled outside the state for a game. Don't know much about Hoover. However, the Colts probably have their best team in many years. Any thoughts on this game? Will be televised tonight starting at 7 PM by ESPN2.
Not sure what to expect but I will be watching. Would make my night to see the Colts give hoover a game.

The announcer said Hoover has two losses this season. That's probably the most in many, many years. They win state quite often.

Wait, the guy said he had didn't know much about Hoover. I was just trying to help!

Having lived in the panhandle and watching TV stations that coverage Alabama high school sports also, we heard way too much about them.

Wait, the guy said he had didn't know much about Hoover. I was just trying to help!

Having lived in the panhandle and watching TV stations that coverage Alabama high school sports also, we heard way too much about them.
Oh I know about hoover, just not sure how the Colts would handle a situation like this. So far they are doing ok, but they cant let hoover get to far ahead

Turned on the game, watched for a few minutes and noticed the stadium is practically empty. What does this prove? Nobody cares.

Only a handful of people give a rat's ___ about the game. Hoover is a burb of Birmingham for Christ's sake. There's well over 1 million people in the metro area. The stadium should be sold out, wall-to-wall people, no seats to be found, fans standing 10 deep around the fences.

If you're old school, you know what's missing. HS football was never meant to be a contest to see which school could manage to hustle the highest number of mercenaries. It was meant to be played by kids who actually live somewhere near the school who grew up dreaming of wearing the colors and representing their neighborhood.

Want to see what real HS football is about? Want to see some real HS football fans pack a stadium? Go see Charlotte vs Port Charlotte tomorrow night. The place will be rockin.

SK
even talked Jeb Bush into coming.

North Marion representing well
NM is not ranked, is not disciplined and so far not good...Hoover is ranked, always in the running in Ala 6-A dIv and is beating this NM in every facet so far.. NM would be better off staying in Fla or selecting teams not at Hoovers' level.. No contest at this point.. Prattville and Hoover have been the big teams in Ala the 6-10 years..

North Marion representing well
I know you were being slick, but not to bad for a rural school from florida against one of Alabama premier teams. North marion will make a run at state this year. No one in 5a is as good as hoover.

American Heritage would beat Hoover by 2 TDs, Hallandale would probably whip them as well. North Marion has the people but they don't have the rest of the package to be at an elite level.

I know you were being slick, but not to bad for a rural school from florida against one of Alabama premier teams. North marion will make a run at state this year. No one in 5a is as good as hoover.
No slick, however, NM will get better by playing those kinds of teams... Plus it does not hurt in state playoff hopes.. What kind of team do they want to be??? Build up, "not at Hoovers level" now..

No slick, however, NM will get better by playing those kinds of teams... Plus it does not hurt in state playoff hopes.. What kind of team do they want to be??? Build up, "not at Hoovers level" now..

Here it is 4 hrs after the last post and still no score, come on fella's, some of us had to work, others didn't get the feed....Score PLEASE !!!!

Early in the second quarter, North Marion tried to create some momentum on offense, inserting backup quarterback Dreqwan Williams into the game for Seiler, but the Colts were marred by penalties and a fumble on fourth down in Hoover territory.

North Marion started the third quarter on a sour note as well, fumbling on fourth down in Hoover territory, one of four fumbles on the night.

After holding Hoover scoreless in the third quarter, the North Marion offense had a chance to further cut into the Buccaneers’ lead. But on third down and long in Hoover territory, a botched Seiler hand-off led to a fumble that was recovered by Hoover.

This is how the reporter for the Ocala Star Banner viewed it. And one of the major reasons that the Colts lost this game. You can't have miscues like this against a very good team like Hoover and expect to win.

North Marion had no reason playing Hoover. They need to just work on being the best team in their classification in FL. They had zero change of beating Hoover. Too many teams jump on this "national exposure" train and are not built for those type of games.

North Marion had no reason playing Hoover. They need to just work on being the best team in their classification in FL. They had zero change of beating Hoover. Too many teams jump on this "national exposure" train and are not built for those type of games.
Smart and an honest post.

I agree a game against dunnellon another good local team would have made more sense. Still awesome for the kids thoughm

The OLD North Marion would've schedule Trinity Catholic and Dunnellon. But the new coach comes from south Florida and sees bigger games against bigger opponents in his eyes. Who knows when Dunnellon is going to have a great team like they do this year? Or you may get a weaker Trinity Catholic team. And still dont forget that it takes BOTH coaches signatures to schedule a game. I like the Hoover/Miami games for NMHS on the field but what about next year when these teams are supposed to come to North Marion? Either substitute the teams for your home games (All these games were on the road this year) or watch the 70 people that come from south Florida to fill up your stands = loss of guaranteed revenue if Dunnellon or TC was coming. But i heard some millionaire is donating big bucks to the programs so maybe the money isnt needed. IJS

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT