ADVERTISEMENT

Niceville

Choctaw_fan

Gold Member
Oct 31, 2003
Did anyone on the board attend the game? I saw they lost a close one to Escambia. Is Escambia that good? With Niceville beating Lincoln last week, I expected them to be the powerhouse of the panhandle. Not I'm not so sure.

Did anyone on the board attend the game? I saw they lost a close one to Escambia. Is Escambia that good? With Niceville beating Lincoln last week, I expected them to be the powerhouse of the panhandle. Not I'm not so sure.
Escambia is that good..

Escambia played with a back up QB. Starter was injured last week...
Escambia's defense is loaded!!!

Lincoln has yet to win a game in I believe 3 tries and you base how good Niceville is on beating a 0-3 team?

Go Canes Go!

There are two teams I almost always saw in the playoffs. They were Niceville and Lincoln. Even if they don't look good, I would bet they will win their district and go deep in the playoffs again.

I figured Escambia would be back after all the issues last year. Fortunately, Choctaw won't play them until maybe the playoffs.

There are two teams I almost always saw in the playoffs. They were Niceville and Lincoln. Even if they don't look good, I would bet they will win their district and go deep in the playoffs again.

I figured Escambia would be back after all the issues last year. Fortunately, Choctaw won't play them until maybe the playoffs.

Maybe is right. Choctaw's district is a tough one.

That's what happens when almost every team in the panhandle is in the same class. I hate that. I used to have my choice of state tournament games. This year there may be only a few in town and only one or two teams with the chance to advance. Thank you FHSAA!

Escambia is the real deal, but they may not be the best team in the area. You can make a strong case for Tate and Navarre as well.

Escambia is the real deal, but they may not be the best team in the area. You can make a strong case for Tate and Navarre as well.

Is it true that Catholic's QB transfered to Escambia. If so, then Catholic got a taste of their own medicine!

He was a starter at Catholic but he is not a triple option kind of qb. The kid is a qb that can actually throw the ball and scramble when needed. I don't see Escambia just changing their offense for him next year. He could of went to PF and played with the same boys as he did in youth football. PF runs the spread as well.

I agree. Pine Forest has a great coach and would have been a much better option.

Z’Khari Blocker enrolled at Escambia

The week after withdrawing from Catholic High, it appears Z’Khari Blocker has made the first step in continuing his football career.

According to Escambia coach Mike Davis, Blocker has enrolled at Escambia but has not been cleared for athletics yet.

“He (Blocker) is enrolled at Escambia High School,” Davis said. “He’s not on the (football) team though. We’re waiting until he is cleared by (Florida High School Athletic Association). We’re not gonna do anything with him until that happens.”

If Blocker is cleared, it appears he will be pleased with his new surroundings.

“Escambia has some really good athletes I can work with and help be more successful,” Blocker said. “I’m just ready to work and move on with my football career.”

Blocker threw for 2,577 passing yards and 22 TDs during his sophomore season last year at Catholic.

Escambia is a very good team and it was a close game at Escambia. I think Niceville will improve over the season as they break in their quarterback who transferred in from out of state. They seem to be bringing him along carefully and slowly expanding the play book. If they meet in the playoffs it should be a barn burner.

Niceville's qb is Jeff Toney right ? I believe he played his freshman year at Niceville and then transferred somewhere last year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT