ADVERTISEMENT

Niceville vs Bassfield

riverrat1961

May 24, 2011
6A Niceville vs 2A Bassfield MS
Bassfield is a 3 time 2A MS State Champ Who you got?

I'm going to blind guess and say the same number of "i's" that Mississippi has...

I knew it was comin' from somebody...tried to preempt it and just couldn't...

MS has 1A-6A classifications. 2A is for schools with HS enrollments of about 215-350.
Bassfield fans seem to believe they are going to not just beat Niceville, but whip them.

if anybody is going to "whip" Niceville, they better be one bad bunch of dudes...

Where is the game? Niceville always travels well and brings a huge crowd. But I have seen many teams from Mississippi and Louisiana and Alabama come to panhandle and whip a higher classed team. It should be a good game.

Is there a radio broadcast? I'll tune in.

exactly what are we calling a whipping? Because I've got a "whipping" as +28...are y'all telling me that's what is coming? And, perhaps it is...but I tend to believe both sides better pack lunches

The game is at Niceville and is homecoming. You can listen to the game on-line at thenewfishradio.com. Bassfield got beat by a small 3A school 46-20 last week. They will get a nice gate out of the game but I can't see them hanging with any large school on a hot humid night.

How'd things work out for ol' Bassfield and that whoopin' they were going to tote to Niceville?

Interesting stat. In the 2nd quarter Niceville ran 23 plays for 220 yards, Bassfield ran 10 for 1 yard. The thing is, they were a good team with real good athletes. But only 11 kids played all night.

Bassfield had about 50 players (out of a HS of 214), but only 16 or so ever saw the field. They actually led Niceville 14-13 early in the 2nd quarter, but just ran out of gas. They are a well-coached and very athletic team. Just out of their league a bit, playing a school with 10 times their enrollment. Final was 54-21

They should have scheduled Northview or Baker or even Catholic. All would have been a great game.

Just read Bassfield had won two consecutive 2A state championships. Guess they just wanted to compare MS football to Florida football.

Just read Bassfield had won two consecutive 2A state championships. Guess they just wanted to compare MS football to Florida football.

Three in a row, and will likely be four after this season. Bassfield would roast Northview.

They had the guts to venture into Niceville last night...that means Phac Nam will certainly be pulling for Bassville to bring it home again!

A wise man said: "Follow the money."
Another wise man once said, "Money is one thing; discretion is another."

Listen up SK. Let's say a woman in the trailer park offer you a whole stack of cash. If she married and her husband drive one of them raised-up pick-up trucks with the gunrack in the back, son, even if you not a QB you need to "pass".

A wise man once said, "Fear is one thing; discretion is another."

Even if you have no fear, it's always a damn good idea to use discretion.

I heard it told another way...I heard it said, "you ain't gotta be scared to get your a$$ whipped"...same sentiment

First of all, the gate receipts are usually shared with the band and they support almost all other sports programs. They can't fit more than 8,000 in that stadium. It's a lot smaller than Choctaw's stadium. So the take might only be about $50,000. Do you really think they would give a visiting school $10,000?

Choctaw, I'm 100% sure they gave them North of $7k. Also why wouldn't you pay someone to have a 6th home game. If you only make $1000 that's more than you would have made with a home and home.

Yes, Niceville ALWAYS travels well.
No, Bassfield did not have a chance to win.
Yes, Bassfield took home a good check.
No, the band doesn't get gate money. They get concession money.
NIceville's stadium can and has held much more than 8,000.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT