ADVERTISEMENT

NC2A Playoff who ya got?

Silver King

Nov 29, 2002
Punta Gorda
SK thought the PAC 12 would have someone, so SK was wrong from his early- in-the-season post to name the conferences that would be in.

SK going with Pops on this one and taking the Tide. Gotta love a back who has 100 carries in two weeks, just hope he doesn't get the Heisman jinx and forgets how to tote the rock by the time they play again.

I agree with you. At least two of those teams are greatly overrated.

Did you notice both semi-final games are on New Years Eve? I wonder if that will affect the TV numbers. Some people like to enjoy the holiday without a TV on. I guess the sports bars will have a great night!

Last edited:
I think Bama wins a close one against MSU. That's going to be a physical game. Clemson vs. Oklahoma seems like it may be a high scoring game with no defense being played. I think Oklahoma wins in a shootout.

I don't think any of the 4 teams are overrated honestly... This is as good a matchup as they could provide this year. I think Bama beats MSU because Bama is a much more athletic version of Iowa who gave MSU fits. I think Bama dodged a bullet by not getting OU week 1 because we all know how Bama has fits with spread teams.

I think OU Clemson is a toss up. I am going with Clemson as homer favorite since we have several local kids on the team.

Also, I believe last years final 4 was on New Years eve as well.

I'm going with Boomer Sooner this year! They have been playing excellent football and I like their QB. He's a football player. Should be a fun playoff. All four teams deserve to be there. Would have been cool to see Iowa get in. I love the way they play football.

I honestly don't know who to pick this year. I wish the first game matchups were different. Alabama vs. Michigan St is going to be played in a phone booth. Hard to pick against the Tide in that type of game. If you're looking for QB to be the difference, Conner Cook would normally be the guy. However, He's still hurting and can't throw the ball downfield more than 15 yds. Advantage: Alabama.

Oklahoma has been looking better of late however, I am still not sold on this squad or the Big 12. No defense in that conference. This will be a wide open game and may also come down to QB play. I like Watson (experienced and unbeaten this year) better then Mayfield. Clemson beat the Sooners 40-6 a year ago. I'm going with the Tigers.

I'll probably get them both wrong.

Reactions: Silver King
Thank you, LAZL! Everyone thinks Oklahoma is so great but only against other Big 12 teams. I think Clemson will eat them alive. I can't wait to see Alabama vs. Clemson in the final.

Reactions: Silver King
The Big 12 is better than the SEC this year. Oklahoma is the most complete team out of that conference. Clemson has a great team as well. I think both of these teams are more complete than MSU and Alabama. Defense and a dominating run game goes a long way in the playoffs however, and both MSU and Alabama have that. We'll see how it plays out!

I've got Oklahoma and MSU in the final.

Reactions: peezy28
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT