ADVERTISEMENT

my only vent...

Mr HiSchool

Aug 20, 2001
The committee is obviously buying into the 'FSU is just not that good' hype by ESPN and the talking heads...

I don't disagree that Florida State is not as good as last year - but then again - they've also won 25 straight games.... and are ranked behind an Oregon team that lost...

Oh no - there's no SEC bias... just the fact that the committee Chair - who happens to be an AD in the SEC - stated that "Oregon had three wins over Top 25 teams"... And that one glaring LOSS to an unranked Arizona team...
Oh, by the way - FSU has wins over Louisville (Top 25), Oklahoma State (Top 25 at the time) Notre Dame (Top 25 at the time) and Clemson (Top 25)... and
Oh well...

This post was edited on 11/11 9:15 PM by Mr HiSchool

FSU fans can't have it both ways... you guys want to point to last year, but if SEC fans point to the traditional strength of the conference, you guys cry foul... can't have it both ways.

Also Miss State beat the #8, #6, #2 teams at the time they played them... Doesn't that beat anything that FSU has on their resume? (#22, #5, #25).

Would I rank FSU #2 sure, all FSU has to do is play a complete game from start to finish against a decent opponent say Miami and an improving UF team. I am not even saying a dominating game, but a 28-17 with an early lead would ease a lot of people's concerns.

Also Oklahoma State was unranked at the time they played according to the AP poll and the coaches poll, they were ranked as high as #16 later in the year, but after 3 straight losses and probably 3 more it looks doubtful.

All this really does is show us how useless polls are until late in the season... Texas A+M was #6 when Miss State beat them, Texas A+M was trading on their pasting of South Carolina on National TV and wins against nobodies and a high pre-season ranking.

Notre Dame wins looks good for FSU until you factor in the fact they played like poop against Navy, lost to Arizona State and could still lose to Louisville and USC...

And the difference between #2 and #3 is who wears the home jersey.
rolleyes.r191677.gif

As for my Gators, I hope UF keeps winning and plays FSU tough. I want Jeremy Foley (a man who does great in picking athletic coaches, but horrible at picking football coaches) and the Bull Gators to have to make a hard choice regarding Muschamp.

When factoring who is the best team for THIS season who cares what happened last year. FSU has not looked good playing that high school schedule. The best team they have played got demolished this past weekend. Should they be ahead of Oregon, maybe. Do I think Oregon is better, yes. I'm pretty sure they are ranking the best, not most deserving.

FSU is undefeated against the 32nd best schedule. Oregon has a loss against the 14th best schedule.

Winning your games used to be more important than how you win them. A loss should hurt more than a win helps.

If FSU is undefeated after the ACCCG they should absolutely be in the playoffs. Where they are ranked inside the top four does not matter.
This post was edited on 11/12 7:44 AM by jgking83

Link

Would FSU even be a shoe-in winner against the three teams that beat UF?

Bama, LSU, Mizzou............ That undefeated record looks nice but come on over to the SEC, have some BBQ and ribs, we'll getcha some.....

Chief say--- Hizzz' en rant isn't about the SEC, its about the Pac12 and the one loss team ahead of them. Chief say-- Ifff'en the tribe play'em Oregon schedule or in the Pac 12 in general, dem would still be 25 and counting, and on an SEC note BAMA is better than TCU

Please again with Oregon. I agree with most everything said about FSU (and my Canes are prolly gonna thump em Sat night), but Winston, point shaving or not, just wins.

Oregon and the Heisman also ran, lost to a team they were 21 point favorites over, didn't they?

Chief say-- dem braves better figure out how to stop Duke, and mak'em freshman QB beat dem--if' en not Silver might be very happy come Saturday night--- Chief say--- h'mmmm lov'em the Gorilla, Gorilla makes funny--- Chief laugh'em big time

Originally posted by Silver King :
Please again with Oregon. I agree with most everything said about FSU (and my Canes are prolly gonna thump em Sat night), but Winston, point shaving or not, just wins.

Oregon and the Heisman also ran, lost to a team they were 21 point favorites over, didn't they?

You really think so? Why?

No way in hell does a 13-0 FSU not make the final four. Winning out shouldn't be a problem for a deserving team.

Chief say-- You speak'em straight, like a spear -- win out, and not even Great NCAA spirit ( or whinning Urban) can keep dem Noles out

How many years has the #1 ranked team at the beginning of the season gone undefeated and ended up #1 at the end of the season. If that theory was still in play, FSU would still be #1. No one used to look at strength of schedule. I thought that philosophy was going to die with the BCS.

I predict that FSU is pretty well ticked off and will take it out on Miami. Did you see the passes Winston made last weekend when he really needed to move the ball? Miami doesn't have a chance.

The problem is that the glimpses of glory Winston has displayed this season may actually hurt him come NFL draft time. They really don't like players who only play when they want to or need to.

I'm looking in my crystal tequila skull gaorman and seeing the Canes winning by 13. Why? Because of an imporved Q and O-line, Duke ball controlling and Winston taking a couple shots that he can't rebound from, mainly because Miami has a lot of Florida guys.

Miller n Moulton did bring up an intresting point that College football fans, College Game Day, etc., simply hate the Noles Winston and Jimbo backing him, because of the antics this season. It's shades of the Crimenoles days past they said.

They also reminded folks when FSU beat #5 Notre Dame one year and actually dropped in the polls. There is some hangover here from days a past.

But no way FSU should be any lower than 1 or 2 - if anything all the other teams that have dropped because of loses from the Top 10, makes their run more impressive. And again that Pac 12 team that dresses in women's lingere was ranked way to high to start with then lost to a team they should have rolled by three TDs - and they supposedly have a Heisman Trophy candidate.

Oh the glory days of the Crimenoles, played in 3 straight Championship games, winning 1 in 1999. Should have won a 2nd if Mark Richt would have done his job before he bolted to UGA. Why is it that Stoops and Scott could finish their job before they left to be HCs, but not Richt-- talk about Character. Even as a die hard Noles fan, I'll always cheer for UF when they play UGA under Richt. Hell, I'll even pull for the old ball coach when he plays Georgia-- never forget

Originally posted by bludog100:
Oh the glory days of the Crimenoles, played in 3 straight Championship games, winning 1 in 1999. Should have won a 2nd if Mark Richt would have done his job before he bolted to UGA. Why is it that Stoops and Scott could finish their job before they left to be HCs, but not Richt-- talk about Character. Even as a die hard Noles fan, I'll always cheer for UF when they play UGA under Richt. Hell, I'll even pull for the old ball coach when he plays Georgia-- never forget
Stoops didn't do his job against the Gators the year he left for Kentucky. You remember them going unbalanced and gashing our defense with the power run game? We never adjusted and they physically whipped us. Sure, we barely be GT and NIU after that, but Stoops definitely had already checked out at that point. We beat those teams because we were just more talented than them.

Anyways, back to Miami. Isn't the offensive line pretty beat up for Miami? The offensive success that Miami has had has come against some pretty poor defenses. This FSU defense has gotten better almost every week and is pretty stingy against the run lately. I think that is the match up to watch. Miami needs to start fast because the Noles have been slow to get it going this year for some reason. Once the Noles get it going though, look out. A Jameis led FSU has not been held under 30. I doubt Miami will be the first to accomplish this. Can Miami keep up on the scoreboard? I'm thinking the Noles win something like 31-21. Should be a great game. I love rivalry games.

Noles will win ugly. Rashad Greene is the best WR in college football. He will make plays. The TE for FSU will make plays.

FSU 42-Miami 35.

I don't know if Rashad Greene is better than Amari Cooper at Alabama. But, he has made some amazing catches.

The play of Dalvin Cook has been a game changer. He has almost as many yards rushing as Karlos Williams in 40 fewer attempts.

No matter what, it will be a great game. But, the FSU-Miami match ups always are Let's just hope it isn't decided by a "wide right."

Originally posted by Choctaw_fan:
I don't know if Rashad Greene is better than Amari Cooper at Alabama. But, he has made some amazing catches.

The play of Dalvin Cook has been a game changer. He has almost as many yards rushing as Karlos Williams in 40 fewer attempts.

No matter what, it will be a great game. But, the FSU-Miami match ups always are Let's just hope it isn't decided by a "wide right."
Not likely, FSU's current kicker has ice veins and is the best in CFB (knock on wood)

As for Green Cooper I think Cooper is the better NFL prospect because of size but as far as production and dependability in college I'd go Green all day. Cooper is still probably the more talented though.

Originally posted by Silver King :
13 - Winston is out mid way through the 3rd quarter.
All the guys from Louisville hitting her were guys from Florida that UM missed out on basically lol.

my only vent...[/URL]Mr HiSchool posted on 11/11/2014...

The committee is obviously buying into the 'FSU is just not that good' hype by ESPN and the talking heads...

I don't disagree that Florida State is not as good as last year - but then again - they've also won 25 straight games.... and are ranked behind an Oregon team that lost...

Oh no - there's no SEC bias... just the fact that the committee Chair - who happens to be an AD in the SEC - stated that "Oregon had three wins over Top 25 teams"... And that one glaring LOSS to an unranked Arizona team...

Oh, by the way - FSU has wins over Louisville (Top 25), Oklahoma State (Top 25 at the time) Notre Dame (Top 25 at the time) and Clemson (Top 25)... and
Oh well...

You were saying............Me thinks the COMMITTEE might have a different view on thing this week
wink.r191677.gif

Go Canes Go!

Gator - it would not surprise me at all to see the Committee take a fifth place Alabama team to No. 1 after beating Mississippi State...

FSU is the only Big-5 team undefeated, but not playing like a number 1 team.... but then again...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT