ADVERTISEMENT

Miami/ Noles

Blkpop, just you and me on here tonight and the crickets, I guess.

Winston isn't looking particularly sharp, but I suspect after his cuz cashes the ticket and calls him at half, he'll be better.But that FSU D better find a way to make some stops. They get Duke eating up that clock and it might be tough to pull off their weekly heroics.

Jeez I look at Winston's eyes after half and they are saucer shaped - freakin guy just wins.Too bad those Miami TEs can't hold on to a pass once they catch it. Well, I pull for the Noles the rest of the way for the NC...

Get'em MrHiSchool, they're just hating. No super team out there, just a lot of good one's, and at 13-0 they earn a playoff spot

Originally posted by Mr HiSchool:
Gentlemen last time I checked they play 60 minutes in a football game
Please. All full of piss and vinegar, now. Couldn't drive a 6 penny with a sledge hammer during the second quarter.

Give them credit though. They close.

"A - B - C. Always. Be. Closing. First place? Get's a Cadillac. Second place? Get's steak knives. Third? F--- you, you're fired."

Looks like the lucky bounce fairy moved to Tallahassee from Auburn, though.

Not full of piss and vinegar - but didn't Florida win a few games in a lucky bounce way during 2006 and 2008?

You're absolutely correct sir; but a series of 60 minute games like that, along with all the other stuff going on in the program and FSU is playing itself right out of the Top 4; and that's with a freakin' Oregon team who also has a Hesiman finalist that lost a game they were 21 point favorites in.

Miami got nailed for their infractions, paid penalties / lost scholarships and suffered through recruiting stigmas. But, they are a program on their way back to relevance with a very good young team who took the National Champions to the last play of the game.

Let's see how it shakes out for the Noles in December and the off season if they ever stop postponing that Title IX hearing.

Originally posted by Silver King :

You're absolutely correct sir; but a series of 60 minute games like that, along with all the other stuff going on in the program and FSU is playing itself right out of the Top 4; and that's with a freakin' Oregon team who also has a Hesiman finalist that lost a game they were 21 point favorites in.

Miami got nailed for their infractions, paid penalties / lost scholarships and suffered through recruiting stigmas. But, they are a program on their way back to relevance with a very good young team who took the National Champions to the last play of the game.

Let's see how it shakes out for the Noles in December and the off season if they ever stop postponing that Title IX hearing.
They've postponed it 11 days when Jameis asked for it. And 20 months for her.

Peezy I said Canes by 13, I've covered my spread, now they just have to play them even...
I am back, not going to mess with ya good game, what you saw is what all but 2 of our games have been. Different team same script.

Thanks my brother - I hope they run the table, I really do - if they do the Mark McGuire effect on them, I'm not watching if Oregon gets in.

Peezy you notice the diffent intensity in his eyes after half? I've seen it every damn game just before he rolls them back into a game. They got to be open 1/4 inch wider than at the start of the game.

But why doesn't he try as hard the whole game? There's players out their busting their butts and getting hurt and Jameis only makes an effort when he wants to. Not good enough, even if they are winning!

Originally posted by Choctaw_fan:
But why doesn't he try as hard the whole game? There's players out their busting their butts and getting hurt and Jameis only makes an effort when he wants to. Not good enough, even if they are winning!
Yes, Jameis makes the receivers not catch, or the line not block, or the DLine not beat the Opponents OLine, or the LB tackle, or the DBs block passes. Why doesnt Jameis play all 22 positions at the caliber of an NFL player!?!

Not full of piss and vinegar - but didn't Florida win a few games in a lucky bounce way during 2006 and 2008?
Lucky Bounce Fairy is a fickle and well traveled Ho.

Thanks my brother - I hope they run the table, I really do - if they do the Mark McGuire effect on them, I'm not watching if Oregon gets in.

Peezy you notice the diffent intensity in his eyes after half? I've seen it every damn game just before he rolls them back into a game. They got to be open 1/4 inch wider than at the start of the game.
Yeah I've seen it... That's his "ITS.ABOUT.TO.GET.REAL." eyes. I can honestly say I think UM has closed the gap. We had a 4 year Head start on y'all because Fisher was ready from day 1.

Originally posted by Choctaw_fan:
Its not all him Choctaw... see how the defense and WR's are playing in early games too.

Miami is moving in the right direction. I think the Canes are losing a lot this year and recruiting hasn't been too spectacular lately, but I think Golden has removed the cancers around the program. I hope they can keep it going. Rivalry games are what makes college football so great. I want the FSU/Miami game to mean something again. Hope Miami can finish the season strong and then capitalize on UF's dumpster fire in recruiting.

Man FSUs O-line sure played good too. Yeah I'm pleased with the Cane's effort best Q in a few years, good backs.
Best they've played all year. They moved their starting left tackle to Center (we had one of the wimpiest centers in all of college football this year) and put a true Freshman Roderick Johnson starting at LT and it worked wonderfully.

Come on Peezy! FSU's former center was not wimpy just because noseguards were driving him 3 yards backwards causing the handoff to be fumbled by his rear end. I think physically inadequate is more like it.

Originally posted by peezy28:

Man FSUs O-line sure played good too. Yeah I'm pleased with the Cane's effort best Q in a few years, good backs.
Best they've played all year. They moved their starting left tackle to Center (we had one of the wimpiest centers in all of college football this year) and put a true Freshman Roderick Johnson starting at LT and it worked wonderfully.
For all those wondering, he is talking about Austin Barron; not his replacement, Hoefeld. Hoefeld is a RS-Fr. So he was doing admirably for the limited experience he had.

What's the story on Coach Trickett? I know there's no such thing as a minor heart attack, but I wonder if his illness made him chill out a little bit and the players may be responding positively.

I suppose when the motivation of missing your assignment could KILL your position coach, you might try to focus a little more.
Although, I wouldn't want to give my players that option!

Originally posted by Cocoa2010:

For all those wondering, he is talking about Austin Barron; not his replacement, Hoefeld. Hoefeld is a RS-Fr. So he was doing admirably for the limited experience he had.
Actually I was referring to Hoefield. Barron is not far off he played horrible before he got injured to obut Hoefields play was ATROCIOUS. Do you want to know the real reason they made the switch? Hoefield damn near got a Heisman QB killed in consecutive weeks. That will make you lose your job.

Actually I was referring to Hoefield. Barron is not far off he played horrible before he got injured to obut Hoefields play was ATROCIOUS. Do you want to know the real reason they made the switch? Hoefield damn near got a Heisman QB killed in consecutive weeks. That will make you lose your job.
Not it wasnt. Hoefeld is a clear step-up in play from Barron while still being a RS-Fr. And if you actually paid attention to FSU stuff, you would know that moving Cam to center had been the plan since week 1. It had nothing to do with Hoefeld; it had everything to do with Barron.

Cocoa2010,

I'm going to assume you are good friends with Peezy and you are just messing with him. If not you should seek professional help.

Originally posted by MarkECannon:
Cocoa2010,

I'm going to assume you are good friends with Peezy and you are just messing with him. If not you should seek professional help.
I laughed. Hoefield was not playing well at all. Barron wasn't very good, but he was better than Hoefield. Trickett made a comment that the center position gave up five hits on the QB in the Virginia game. Stork gave up TWO hits on the QB all YEAR last year. That has been the biggest difference with our offense this year. Cam moving over looks like the answer. I guess we'll find out these next two games. I liked what I saw out of them in the Miami game.

Not it wasnt. Hoefeld is a clear step-up in play from Barron while still being a RS-Fr. And if you actually paid attention to FSU stuff, you would know that moving Cam to center had been the plan since week 1. It had nothing to do with Hoefeld; it had everything to do with Barron.
"if you actually paid attention to FSU stuff"

Haha your a funny guy. If you graduated HS in 2010 that means I have been paying attention to FSU stuff longer than you have been living LOL. Yeah the PLAN was for Barron to be great and they wouldn't need to put Cam at Center and start a True Fr (or a JUCO guy who have since been redshirted) at LT. Unfortunately Barron sucked and went down then your homie Hoefield came in and sucked even more and almost got Winston killed on multiple occasions so they made the change now.

Its either 1 or 2 things. Your trolling me like crazy or Hoefield is your home boy, brother or cousin or you are actually Hoefield. You will not find 1 FSU fan on here or anywhere else that will agree with you that Hoefield did an okay job at anything other than consistently snapping the ball to Winston (which is good in it of itself) but as far as blocking goes man.. . Kid was horrible.

If I am wrong find me another FSU fan that agrees with you... To my knowledge Hoefield was garnering #22 status with his play (if you don't know what that means it means your too young or have not been following FSU very long.

This post was edited on 11/19 11:42 AM by peezy28

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT