ADVERTISEMENT

McCaffrey putting up a great argument ....

blackpopsicle

May 16, 2007
that he is the best in college football. Don't get me wrong, Derek Henry is a whale of a back and I don't disagree with his being the HTW.

BUT DANG. MCCAFFREY IS A BEAST.

Glad he's having a great game! He may get another chance next year. Most of the best junior RBs are going to the NFL.

Awesome player, and he has another year. BUT:

Henry led his team to the National Title Game against the toughest competition in college football. McCaffery led his team to two loses in a 2-loss-a-plenty conference that didn't make the playoffs. He also wasn't able to find the end zone at all against Northwestern in their first loss, if he would have, maybe they're in the final four.

The Heisman is where it should be; most valuable player got them to the most valuable game.

Awesome player, and he has another year. BUT:

Henry led his team to the National Title Game against the toughest competition in college football. McCaffery led his team to two loses in a 2-loss-a-plenty conference that didn't make the playoffs. He also wasn't able to find the end zone at all against Northwestern in their first loss, if he would have, maybe they're in the final four.

The Heisman is where it should be; most valuable player got them to the most valuable game.

White running backs matter!

As a guard, I always had great fullbacks, one from Punta Gorda (in HS), one from Belle Glade and one from Jersey - they had pedigree. All three were 1,000 yard rushers as were the backs they blocked for. But I never missed a chance to throw a shot in, nor did they in return.

Reactions: blackpopsicle
As a guard, I always had great fullbacks, one from Punta Gorda (in HS), one from Belle Glade and one from Jersey - they had pedigree. All three were 1,000 yard rushers as were the backs they blocked for. But I never missed a chance to throw a shot in, nor did they in return.
That was a different world back then. You have to try hard to find a FB getting any hand offs, now. The routes out of the backfield are where FBs get their totes, now. Those are the teams that are making the spread work with a strong physical run game.

Just when you thought the spread was going to ruin the game....

Reactions: Silver King
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT