ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Cannon

gatorman001

Aug 31, 2003
We had talked about Green's coaching career.

Prior to coming to Manatee, in chronological order:
* spent 2 years at Godby HS as a OC
*spent 3 years at Lincoln HS as OC
* spent 1 year at Valdosta HS as a WR coach
* Spent 3 year at Lincoln HS as a OC
*Spent 2 years at Gibbs HS as a OC

I believe other than his time at Godby, his time at Gibbs, Lincoln and Manatee as a OC were all workig under Yusuf Shakir

We had talked about Green's coaching career.

Prior to coming to Manatee, in chronological order:
* spent 2 years at Godby HS as a OC
*spent 3 years at Lincoln HS as OC
* spent 1 year at Valdosta HS as a WR coach
* Spent 3 year at Lincoln HS as a OC
*Spent 2 years at Gibbs HS as a OC

I believe other than his time at Godby, his time at Gibbs, Lincoln and Manatee as a OC were all workig under Yusuf Shakir
I see where Yusuf Shakir is a Football Operations Assistant at the University of Florida. Maybe Coach Green will eventually follow him to Gainesville.

I see where Yusuf Shakir is a Football Operations Assistant at the University of Florida. Maybe Coach Green will eventually follow him to Gainesville.
I was not aware of that, in as far as Shakir being at Florida. Green is thought highly of, by several members of the Gator community and I know he tweets often on sports matters related to the University of Florida. The then AD and Principle at Manatee in what could be deemed as a final parting moved, dismissed Shakir as HC at Manatee. I wasn't necessarily a fan, but thought some dirty antics were going on internally at Manatee when Shakir was reported to the FHSAA for supposed recruiting violations related to hosting some middle schoolers at Manatee for a tour. A year later he was dismissed in what I felt was a very out of left field move. I communicated with the AD here and there, she indicated at one point she'd get with me to give the "Paul Harvey rest of the sorty", but that never happened? I just never liked seeing employees not being treated fairly when it comes to hiring, firing and labor matters in general.Is probably why I found myself at odds with the folks in HR frequently at the USPS because of some of the things they expected me to do to my staff or employees....... since you mentioned Shakir, I thought you might get a kick out of this video:

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT