ADVERTISEMENT

Manatee need coaches?

SotaCoach2

Oct 23, 2017
Never expected to see this on the scoop. I figured a job of this caliber and the tradition up that way assistant coaching positions would be easy to fill. You Manatee folks whats going on??

Manatee (FL): Manatee High School is looking for motivated individuals who understand the demands of a successful football program. Coaches must be willing to teach and mentor students daily, and be involved daily in off-season & summer conditioning....

Never expected to see this on the scoop. I figured a job of this caliber and the tradition up that way assistant coaching positions would be easy to fill. You Manatee folks whats going on??

Manatee (FL): Manatee High School is looking for motivated individuals who understand the demands of a successful football program. Coaches must be willing to teach and mentor students daily, and be involved daily in off-season & summer conditioning....
With the unrealistic expectations of us die-hard, rarely pleased, hypocritical fans all about cyberspace, who should be surprised ? And lets don't even mention the poor compensation these fellows receive for their time consuming efforts. Talk about a thankless job. Only police officers catch more hell now a days.

Low levels having problems finding coaches........not varsity level.

The lower levels if I remember right have not been good since Joe K was the coach. I hope down here in Sarasota we develop ours. Got to have ground up mentality. Is Manatee expected to be very good. Or will it be a BR/PHS county again this year. Expect Venice/View to control Sota again!

Manatee will be better this coming year.......16 starters are back..........plus artificial turf coming to Hawkins stadium?

@twc2499 is your schedule the same? Cant foresee you beating the 2 county schools down here View/Venice and in your area I would think Palmetto will beat you again based on the consistency of the lower levels over the years in that area -or lack thereof in your situation- so a wild card berth and 7-3 you think? Or, do you foresee those on the outside dont?

Same schedule.......Home games with Palmetto, Braden River, Steinbrenner, Alonso and Sarasota Riverview. Away games with Lakeland, Newsome, Palm Harbor, Tampa Riverview and Venice.

Manatee has gone through some growing pains the past two season. Having one of the schools youngest teams last year. They started six Freshman and three or four Sophomores at times. Canes return top SR QB/RB Keyon Fordham and Soph RB/SB Irone Jackson in the backfield and return four starting OL.....Soph Charles Armstrong 6'5 280, Soph Derek Maurice 6'3 265, Sr Omar Lagarde 6'0 260 and SR Carter Sysak 6'4 270. On defense they return seven starters.

I would say Manatee will contend for the district title. They will soon be back to having one of the best teams in the area. Everyone has had there enjoyment the past two years seeing them go through a transition period. It will be an interesting year coming up.....I think Manatee will surprise a lot people. And with the possibility of artificial turf coming to Hawkins Stadium things are looking up!!!

I thought all public schools have been turned down on that idea bc it would give one and advantage over there other? so how is manatee getting turf? Venice and View both have equal the funds Manatee does and I would think that would open the door for Sota county schools to follow suit

School board here wouldn't let the Charlotte get turf, even though the Tarpon booster who negotiated a a sweetheart deal (wasn't going to cost the School Board anything) even offered to help fundraise for the other two schools. The school board, the same one responsible for the longest rebuild of a high school in State history after Charley, wouldn't hear it.

Manatee's boosters will fund the project. About the same way they funded the Jumbo Tron. One thing about Manatee thats different than all the other schools is their booster support!! Manatee is the flagship school in Manatee County and gets a lot of support! They are hoping to get single donors to fund it.
Also, with the addition of Lacross as sport now at Manatee it is important to get turf due to the use of the field and the wear and tear that goes with it. With Manatee holding "Undeniable" status with Under Armour Hawkins Stadium will be one of the nicest around!!
Due to the cost of unkeep I think Manatee county will eventually have turf on all it's public facilities. It has been talked about.

Tarpon boosters got a Jumbo Tron two years ago and the school board wouldn't allow them to put it up the last two seasons.

I'm sure I don't have to explain this to someone from Manatee, but in some counties where the lessor programs look for reasons why they don't have success, they create issues and lobby to foster a handicapping system.

Tarpon Boosters have $1,000,000 in the bank that they put there over 15 years of boat auctions in the 80s and 90s. The AD back then, was honored as having the top school fundraiser in the US because of the program and its community support. That money every year supports programs in their entire school, not just athletics. But its not enough that they worked their butt's off for that (Remember the fable of the three little pigs), it became a source of petty jealousies and unfounded complaints.

Reactions: anon_00zx5879k0jmw
I dont doubt Manatee has the funds just as some of our schools do in Sarasota. However, I do not think the MCSB will approve such a thing just as Charlotte gentleman was explaining.

They have been given the ok to move forward with it. It will be saving the board money as far as up keep and maintenance. One less school to deal with. The school board is actually looking at eventually having all the county schools with turf. Manatee will be the first with others to follow. If you can financially get it done its a no-brainer on saving the county money in the long run!!

Will be interesting to see what happens with the whole "We're getting turf", but keep in mind the same individual has boasted a number of other things over the past few years pertaining to the Manatee football program, that from a trend stand point would typically indicate a lot of the positive news put on this message board about the Manatee football program could be deemed as Donald Trump would call it "Fake news"

Go Canes Go!

Will be interesting to see what happens with the whole "We're getting turf", but keep in mind the same individual has boasted a number of other things over the past few years pertaining to the Manatee football program, that from a trend stand point would typically indicate a lot of the positive news put on this message board about the Manatee football program could be deemed as Donald Trump would call it "Fake news"

Go Canes Go!

So gatorman you seem skeptical of this type of rhetoric. Again, I dont see Manatee Co doing it same as Sota will not allow it. ALSO, if this were approved it would have to be done at a board meeting right? I dont remember this agenda coming up in all the Manatee Co. stuff... Its all about the mil ya'lls way. And if it were one of the mullet wrappers would be on top of it. So i question when/where this got approved if it even did

In Charlotte, it was the natural time to do it, during the Hurricane rebuild. Collier Co school board had made the decision to go with Turf on several of their fields while this discussion was going on in Charlotte. They did it based on long range cost savings (Most school districts are paying more attention to costs these days).

Charlotte County School Board claimed it was "Too Hot" to play on in Florida based on an outdated study from small colleges in Texas - they refused to acknowledge the colleges were playing day games and HS is played at night.

Hahahahah.......................Gatorman..........Manatee's biggest armchair quarterback fan!!

School Board approved it if Manatee funds it...........................Just got that info from a booster..................

School Board approved it if Manatee funds it...........................Just got that info from a booster..................

twc what meeting was this approved at. I would love to see the minutes from this SBMC meeting. If so one would assume BR/LR both would have the funds to follow suit in your county

Usually whatever Manatee does other schools follow suit....... I know BR wanted a Jumbo Tron and couldnt get the funds to do it. So I doubt they will be able to fund getting turf? That was a couple years ago ....maybe things are better over there now? Our school board has had their ups and downs but their on board with this. Now its up to Manatee being able to raise the funds to do it? Hopefully it happens this summer.....that's the plan.

twc249,I see Overstreet fresh off his 9 INT's and 1 TD last season at Plant City is back at Manatee, and I see Chauncey Green is back at Southeast.......lets hear about any other additions/subtractions to the Manatee roster for the 2018 season?

Go Canes Go!

and rumor has it Manatee was actually walking through full team/ special team/ and other drills and using equipment all not allowed (not pads or helmets but supplemental equipment). Not a good idea in front of Sarasota people, refs, and Venice people (I know Sarasota County). Either way they cant beat Venice/View/BR/PHS and that isnt going to go well in old school Cane Country!

Transferred in last season from SE, and started almost the entire season on the DL #99, has now transferred back to SE for his senior season.

Go Canes Go!

Gatorman..........Wrong!!!!...........He is not at SE or MHS! He has had some personal issues he needs workout. And for Overstreet, he is not back at Manatee. Maxpreps downloads rosters and Booth at PLant City has deleted his roster so Maxspreps automatically transfered him back to Manatee's roster. You can't alway's rely on Maxpreps to be accurate.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT