ADVERTISEMENT

Manatee @ Charlotte Pre-game

Silver King

Nov 29, 2002
Punta Gorda
This might get ugly, but as I mentioned pre-season, I'm inviting you guys to Beefs on Taylor Road in PG (a few minutes from stadium) to pregame 5pm. If you can make it, let me know.

Walk through Beef's front door and turn left into the Tarpon Room.

Mark, if you choose to attend one of the more marque games you're accustomed to, I completely understand and will not be offended in the least. I know gatorman will go easy on me. Maybe Peezy can ask momma for an evening off from parenting duties. Would great to see Wave, but his team is playing a Riverdale.

SK, I appreciate the invitation and would REALLY LOVE to but I’m committed to going to see a friend’s son play. The son is the starting center for Tampa Catholic. They are hosting Clearwater Central Catholic.

I’m missing my Charlotte Fighting Tarpon family with 2 granddaughters cheerleading. Btw I had my Tarpon T-shirt on last Friday at the Lakewood game.

Reactions: Silver King
I have a prior commitment that will keep me busy until about 6:45, unless I can break away alittle earlier. Still plan on coming to the game.

Charlotte 17-48 Manatee. My buddy gatorman was being kind not to post this, but it is what it is. And Manatee was gracious emptying their bench on the running clock after doing all their scoring in 1st half. Manatee dominated from the get go. Charlotte was in it for a bit in the first quarter driving into the redzone and could have actually taken the lead, then like groundhog day one of our OL exhibited no snap-count discipline and took a penalty like it seemed to go more often than not last year on important plays.

We're young, slow, and facing as tough a schedule as we have in decades as well as three really good DL's that stopped any Offensive production . Like my (Miami) Hurricanes, you have to address OL play, because that's the engine that drives the team, that lets the D get off the field and a rest when you get extended drives. Like the Hurricanes, we've come up short recently. The hardest thing in football is finding five OL who can play together as a group and block the scheme of the offense you're running.

Was shocked to see that Manatee didn't have a huge squad, maybe 40 kids.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT