ADVERTISEMENT

Manatee -at- Palmetto

FishinGuy

Apr 18, 2013
Has this one lost its luster on the suncoast with both teams failing to win? This is now a district game

Well the guys who know Manatee said they have some issues, what are Palmetto's? They have had some loaded teams in the near past. Did they get poached? What's Braden River suppose to be like?

The Tarpons are playing our every-other-district-alignment-cycle, south district again mostly Lee County teams. (we do play SE and Sarasota). Playing North, we ran into some damn good Palmetto teams in our district this previous cycle.

Palmetto despite its 0-2 record has been a position to win both of those games, but couldn’t find the necessary offense to put points on the board. It’s short comings on offense I believe, are a direct result of its youth at key positions.......primarily at QB where they started freshman Zander Smith. Smith is built “6’2”/205lbs a lot like Bryce Carpenter....( who was a 4 year starter at Venice hs), and at the WR position where 3 sophomores and freshman have over 1/2 of all receptions for Palmetto. Against Riverview last week, Palmetto was unable to match up with Riverview‘s speed at different points in the game, I also felt the officiating was a bit one sided in Riverview’s favor.

Key difference between Manatee and Palmetto at this point of the season, are coaching and its ability to develop young talent. It’s a county rivalry as well as a key district matchup this week, Palmetto’s HBC is a firey type of coach and been around for a while........so I’m going to give him the nod in being able to get his team emotionally up for this game (its a home game for Palmetto as well). I’m told despite the coaching turmoil at Manatee the last few weeks, that the Manatee players love coach Green! Personally I don’t know if that’s the type of sentiment I want mentioned 1st, from a team only 2 games into its season. “I love my coach” is a sentiment you typically get from players in reflection of a completed season.

My prediction for this game is: Palmetto 17 Manatee 6

Reactions: Silver King
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT