ADVERTISEMENT

Manatee 41 Southeast 0 FINAL

gatorman001

Aug 31, 2003
Laz has Manatee as a 30 point favorite for this contest, Im not so sure however its going to be a 30 point victory margin for Manatee. Going to raise the hair on the back of few's neck, but I believe currently Curt Bradley is the best football coach in Manatee County. I believe in time Bradley could have Southeast back being a prominent power in the Manatee/Sarasota County football scene. Southeast last week did what it should have against Brooksville Central, in that the game was basically over at the end of the 1st QT. I've watched a number of games when Bradley was at Braden River, and always I liked each time how he game planned for Manatee, as well as his in game awareness. Bradley just lacked last year having the athletes to compete with Manatee, I cant help but think at Southeast, he might be in a better position to do this compounded with the Southeast players having the benefit of getting better coaching!

I believe Southeast makes Manatee sweat this one out to the end of the 4th QT. Im taking Southeast and the 30 points.....Manatee 27 Southeast 24.

Last edited:
Incoming in 10..9..8..7..6..,,,,,,,

Okay gatorman001. The last time I was at this rivalry Stacy Poole was a senior at Southeast. Brutal game as Manatee destroyed the Seminoles 63-0. I realized this wasn’t much of a rivalry at that point.

My nephew was the starting free safety on Coach Bradley’s Braden River 2015 team that made it to the state semifinals before losing to Aquinas 27-10. It was a competitive game but if I remember correctly Aquinas broke off a long TD run right before halftime. The Raiders put a stranglehold on the game after that. Coach Bradley’s Pirates were a fun team to follow. I attended 4 of their games that year. Of course his long time OC, Eric Sanders, is the new Head Coach at Palmetto. There is a former Manatee Hurricane QB that is a coach there. What is his name?

Last edited:
Reactions: Silver King
Incoming in 10..9..8..7..6..,,,,,,,

Okay gatorman001. The last time I was at this rivalry Stacy Poole was a senior at Southeast. Brutal game as Manatee destroyed the Seminoles 63-0. I realized this was much of a rivalry at that point.

My nephew was the starting free safety on Coach Bradley’s Braden River 2015 team that made it to the state semifinals before losing to Aquinas 27-10. It was a competitive game but if I remember correctly Aquinas broke off a long TD run right before halftime. The Raiders put a stranglehold on the game after that. Coach Bradley’s Pirates were a fun team to follow. I attended 4 of their games that year. Of course his long time OC, Eric Sanders, is the new Head Coach at Palmetto. There is a former Manatee Hurricane QB that is a coach there. What is his name?
So Brion isnt at Bayshore anymore?hmmmmmm............ Brion had a 1 year opportunity to be the OC at Manatee, the year before Green was brought in, I actually liked what I saw in Brion as the OC. As I recall there was apparently a clash in personalities between Brion and the then head coach at Manatee. Brion hasn't been back to Manatee since then. I saw a video the other day where Green did a video with Reggie Davis, in it apparently Green indicated he's never met or talked to Kinnan............I found that interesting.

Would love to see a alumni ultimately be the next coach at Manatee. Ace is now at Bayshore trying to rebuild that program, and still believe Brion as a coach with the experience he's gained since his time at Manatee deserves a eventual opportunity. Those pulling the strings at Manatee will 1st have to grow tried of things as they now are before that happens.

Reactions: MarkECannon
2 minutes into the 2nd QT, it was 7-0 Manatee, 10 minuutes into the 2nd QT it was 41-0 Manatee and my career predicting scores is over for this season.

I would have told you this was going to be a running clock by half! Southeast is just plain terrible! They had less than 100 yards of total offense. Manatee would have beaten Southeast much worse if they didn't call off the dogs!
Yeah Gatorman what warranted your prediction (27-24)? Either you think Southeast is that good or Manatee is not as good?

Well next week will be a tough one for Manatee. Lowndes is very good! I will say this though. It will be both teams toughest competition to this point........

Win or lose it will help this team down the line!

Thought about years past (within the last 5 years), where Manatee had under performed and in fact even lost one year if memory serves me right, the fact that Manatee Plays Lowndes next week and the posibilty Manatee of looking past Southeast.....that a 30 point spread might be too much...................but a quick look at my phone for score updates quickly put a end to that, when I saw how quickly it went in the 2nd QT from 7-0 to 41-0.

Lowndes knocked off previously undefeated Central Gwinnett last night 46-13, Central was not a good team last year, as it lost by big scores last year and the teams it had beaten thus far this season werent exactly world beaters either. We'll see I guess.....since McPherson retired, Lowndes hasn't really been all that as Valdosta recently has re-assumed big dog status in Lowndes county. The head coach is in his 2nd year at Lowndes and was previously at Grayson where he won a state title. Last time Manatee was up at Lowndes it played Ware County in 2014, and lost a game that was pretty much a defensive struggle before the Manatee QB threw 2 INTs that were returned for TD's late in the game. Plant as I recalled played Lowndes in the late game that night and lost to Lowndes. Manatee would go on to play to the semis where it would lose in a blow out to the eventual state champ Apopka that year.............was probably Manatee's last really good football team.

Not sure if Im going or not, if I do will probably make a long weekend out of it and head up to Griffin after the game to see family and then do a quick trip west on I20 to see Mom in Alabama, before heading back to Florida, Want to see Manatee do well, but Im just not buying into the hype yet.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT