ADVERTISEMENT

Manatee 28 FPC 20 Final

gatorman001

Aug 31, 2003
Manatee really should have put this away......end of story. Had a TD called back, a missed FG and several drive ending penalties that kept it from being that way however. 2nd half of the game the FPC QB found ways to avoid pressure and connect on passes as well as break several key runs off and Manatee suddenly found its self in a ball game. Johnnie Lang rushed for over 200 yards and scored 2 TD's to lead the way for Manatee in the end. Manatee moves on to the 2 round and I'm personally glad this game is behind Manatee!

Go Canes Go!
This post was edited on 11/14 10:24 PM by gatorman001

I know you're not a coach gator man but if you all contain #5 and don't let the qb run this week you should be alright and keep feeding Lang, he's a special player.

Lang to me in as far as what he means to Manatee this year, is similar to What Duke Johnson meant to Miami Norland the year they won the state title. Friday night on the TD punt return McKnight had called back was amazing to watch........he made 2 moves on FPC defenders that were ESPN top 10 plays material! The last FPC defender I thought might had broke both of his ankles, McKnight juke him so badly. Coach Booth has it pretty good in knowing he has Lang to hand the ball to, if Drummond's can keep providing steady play for Manatee at the QB position and make teams have to respect the passing the game...........Manatee has everything necessary on offense and defense to make a run to the title game.

*I just found on the maxpreps Manatee High page different clips from the game against FPC. One of the clips is the big plays by McKnight......which includes the punt return, if you're interested in seeing it.

Go Canes Go!

This post was edited on 11/16 1:23 PM by gatorman001

#1 is a special p[layer too, we was a chore to tackle on special teams, I'm surprised they don't have him returning kicks instead of #3. Getting vero on the road will be another big advantage for you all. Heck of a game Friday, i'm excited to see the off season development of our juniors and sophomores like Antonio hadden our recviever wearing #8 Friday. If we get them to buy in better than this years group we'll hopefully be seeing yall again next year too

I liked your QB a lot as well, he pretty much got FPC back in the game during the second half. Very nice arm as well as on field awareness..............those are the type of things you cant coach, but good coaching can certainly enhance! Lots of promising players for FPC next year as they all continue to develop for FPC!

Go Canes Go!

How long have you been coaching at FPC? I serve with a guy named Vickers who had a little brother on your team last year.

I thought both teams showed good sportsmanship Friday, helping each other up often. Hats off to the Central QB for rolling out and making some key plays to keep them in it when the pocket was collapsing.

I'm surprised Lang isn't ranked as far as stars go yet. I haven't found any. I've seen many lesser players with at least three stars in their junior year. He does have an offer from Kentucky and FSU is looking at him so far. Look for many more to follow next year.

My first year at fpc was the first year we played manatee in the playoffs jgking83 and you must be talking about alQuan vickers he graduated last year

That's him. Where is he at now? I was really impressed with him in our playoff game last year.

As far as Johnnie Lang goes, he'll probably be a high three star guy. I think he's being overlooked thus far. Glad he's only a junior.

Originally posted by jgking83:

That's him. Where is he at now? I was really impressed with him in our playoff game last year.

As far as Johnnie Lang goes, he'll probably be a high three star guy. I think he's being overlooked thus far. Glad he's only a junior.
He's at Division II Concordia St Paul in Minnesota. I think they
redshirted him this year but I'm not totally sure. I'll ask our Head
coach later today.

I really like lang, seems like the kind of kid that can take things over when he decides to.

Hats off to you fellas. Wound up being a great game. I'm sure you didn't expect it to be that way. Wish you guys luck this week. bocefus is right, #5 is what makes them go. Stop him, stop their offense. You guys had success against them last year and there really aren't many differences from last year to this. Wish y'all luck!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT