ADVERTISEMENT

Mainland 70 Seabreeze 7

Dan in Daytona

Nov 20, 2008
56-0 at the half. Mainland ends the regular season 9-0. They will play at home in two weeks against Okeechobee . This homer says Denzel Houston is the 6A Player of the Year.

Reactions: Wavebb
Dan, I don't know whether he is the 6a player of the year or not. I do no he is one of the best high school offensive football players I have ever seen regardless of class or region in the state.

Reactions: Dan in Daytona
Darter, he did it again tonight. I've never seen a more dominating player at Mainland High. Whether it translates to the college football fields, like you said previously, is still to be determined.

Darter, he did it again tonight. I've never seen a more dominating player at Mainland High. Whether it translates to the college football fields, like you said previously, is still to be determined.

True. We don't know if it will. But you have to give this kid the benefit of the doubt. Personally, I feel that the team that takes a chance with him will end up very happy unless off the field issues get in his way.

True. We don't know if it will. But you have to give this kid the benefit of the doubt. Personally, I feel that the team that takes a chance with him will end up very happy unless off the field issues get in his way.
what off the field issues? this kid doesn't have off the field issues. you are wrong for even bringing something up like that. you don't know the kid. why would you say that? who are talking to, to give you the right or the balls to make a comment like that?

What are you talking about dude you are dead wrong to say off the field issues show me an article or any evidence of this young man having trouble off the field I don't know who you're getting you're information from and especially to have false allegations on and put it on a social media site like this you're wrong for that one guy

what off the field issues? this kid doesn't have off the field issues. you are wrong for even bringing something up like that. you don't know the kid. why would you say that? who are talking to, to give you the right or the balls to make a comment like that?

What are you talking about dude you are dead wrong to say off the field issues show me an article or any evidence of this young man having trouble off the field I don't know who you're getting you're information from and especially to have false allegations on and put it on a social media site like this you're wrong for that one guy

Gentlemen, I never said the kid had off the field issues. Go back and read my post. I have no idea if he does or does not. I have seen Houston play five games in his high school career over three years, each time in the company of Dan, and each time I have been very impressed.

I know that for a football player that talented, he has been under recruited. I merely stated that: 1. Any team that gets him should do well for themselves; as 2. I believe he will be successful on the college field and, therefore, only off the field issues, in my very humble opinion, could possibly stop/derail his future success. I hope to God he never has any such issues, as if this is the case, he should do great in college and possibly beyond.

Gentlemen, I never said the kid had off the field issues. Go back and read my post. I have no idea if he does or does not. I have seen Houston play five games in his high school career over three years, each time in the company of Dan, and each time I have been very impressed.

I know that for a football player that talented, he has been under recruited. I merely stated that: 1. Any team that gets him should do well for themselves; as 2. I believe he will be successful on the college field and, therefore, only off the field issues, in my very humble opinion, could possibly stop/derail his future success. I hope to God he never has any such issues, as if this is the case, he should do great in college and possibly beyond.
man why would you even use off the field issues with this kids name? do you say that about every kid you comment about? sorry ass dr phillips. yeah y'all suck. the way he did y'all the past two years showed y'all had on the field problems.

man why would you even use off the field issues with this kids name? do you say that about every kid you comment about? sorry ass dr phillips. yeah y'all suck. the way he did y'all the past two years showed y'all had on the field problems.

You are obviously an idiot. So it makes no sense conversing with you. I never said the kid had off the field issues. How difficult is that to understand. And I am not sure what Dr. Phillips has to do with this. I am neither a fan of or in any way associated with DP.

Reactions: peezy28 and Wavebb

He's an apopka you know the team that's consistently in the 8a championship. You're right for defending Houston but I really don't think darter meant any ill will at all towards him. More like the sky's the limit for him the only thing that can stop him is himself

Darter as in Apopka blue darters?

Where you get Dr Phillips from? Lmao

my main focus was your comment about the young and off the field problems. I wouldn't give a crap if its apk or dr p. the fact is you don't do that if it has nothing to with the convo.

OK Time Out : Darter's choice of words may not have come out the way they were intended; but I can assure you he has been a closet Mainland fan since 2003 when he came over to Daytona and watched the Buccaneers beat a very good Orlando Edgewater team. No insult, innuendo, or perceived character flaw was meant towards Denzel Houston. He's probably Denzel's biggest Orlando area fan. In part from me praising the young man, in Darter's ear, since 2013. Chill folks, no disrespect was intended, just maybe a poorly explained comment. Denzel, like many other great athletes, controls his own destiny (better ?).

He's an apopka you know the team that's consistently in the 8a championship. You're right for defending Houston but I really don't think darter meant any ill will at all towards him. More like the sky's the limit for him the only thing that can stop him is himself

OK Time Out : Darter's choice of words may not have come out the way they were intended; but I can assure you he has been a closet Mainland fan since 2003 when he came over to Daytona and watched the Buccaneers beat a very good Orlando Edgewater team. No insult, innuendo, or perceived character flaw was meant towards Denzel Houston. He's probably Denzel's biggest Orlando area fan. In part from me praising the young man, in Darter's ear, since 2013. Chill folks, no disrespect was intended, just maybe a poorly explained comment. Denzel, like many other great athletes, controls his own destiny (better ?).

Please refer to the boldfaced words in the above two quotes. They accurately reflect the intent of my post. I have never met the young man and have no idea whether he is a model citizen or not. And, I would never trash an individual's character without facts to back me up.

What I have seen has been on the football field; and on the gridiron, this kid is a stud. If Apopka had him as their signal caller last year, we would probably have paid another visit to the "Citrus Bowl" (Camping World Stadium). I wish him every success and hope his talents take him as far as he has the potential to go.

All darter was saying was as long as he stays out of trouble in college he will have a successful career at the next level

You all taking a few words too extreme and getting defensive over a compliment

You are obviously an idiot. So it makes no sense conversing with you. I never said the kid had off the field issues. How difficult is that to understand. And I am not sure what Dr. Phillips has to do with this. I am neither a fan of or in any way associated with DP.
its the way you worded it darter that has people like wtf... People are going to get upset when they read something referring to a child negatively, in most cases black athletes are the biggest stereotyped so when you see stereotyping or what may appear to be a stereotypical comment you're going to get backlash buddy because there's no need for the comment unless you're trying to be funny or something especially on a well respected site such as this one I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and see where you coming from but for future reference don't write anything negative about kids or things thaan appear to be negative

its the way you worded it darter that has people like wtf... People are going to get upset when they read something referring to a child negatively, in most cases black athletes are the biggest stereotyped so when you see stereotyping or what may appear to be a stereotypical comment you're going to get backlash buddy because there's no need for the comment unless you're trying to be funny or something especially on a well respected site such as this one I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and see where you coming from but for future reference don't write anything negative about kids or things thaan appear to be negative

You don't know me; don't know who I am or where I am from. But you automatically assume that I would stereotype a black athlete. It is a sign of the times that we draw these conclusions. And, I am not saying that sometimes it is not appropriate to draw them. What I am saying is that you should read what someone says carefully before drawing conclusions about them and about their intent.

You comprehended his statement completely wrong.

Not so sure about that LOL.

Also, what he said wasn't negative... I was more negative in describing our former boneheaded RB who got popped for weed twice and got expelled from school... Yeah its negative but its facts... Can't hide from Facts no matter where you go.

You don't know me; don't know who I am or where I am from. But you automatically assume that I would stereotype a black athlete. It is a sign of the times that we draw these conclusions. And, I am not saying that sometimes it is not appropriate to draw them. What I am saying is that you should read what someone says carefully before drawing conclusions about them and about their intent.
man I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt but since you want to got there your comment is stereotypical... Read what I said its the way you worded it that made you sound like that but "Hoka Hey" what are you really talking about why bring that up in your discussion and that had nothing to do with what your saying I see people on here commenting on a whole bunch of things but never mentions off the field issues on a football site so if you cant see where the 1truth and myself are coming from you must really be the idiot and no need conversing with you guy I said specifically "I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt" but you felt the need to address it so that tells me everything I need to know buddy like look at what youre replying to you assumed automatically that I assumed you were stereotyping I said one of the biggest things is black athletes being stereotyped and to further explain its not just whites that do the stereotyping its blacks that do the same thing to other blacks and it don't just stop there so its not a world thing its a real life thing dude.

man I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt but since you want to got there your comment is stereotypical... Read what I said its the way you worded it that made you sound like that but "Hoka Hey" what are you really talking about why bring that up in your discussion and that had nothing to do with what your saying I see people on here commenting on a whole bunch of things but never mentions off the field issues on a football site so if you cant see where the 1truth and myself are coming from you must really be the idiot and no need conversing with you guy I said specifically "I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt" but you felt the need to address it so that tells me everything I need to know buddy like look at what youre replying to you assumed automatically that I assumed you were stereotyping I said one of the biggest things is black athletes being stereotyped and to further explain its not just whites that do the stereotyping its blacks that do the same thing to other blacks and it don't just stop there so its not a world thing its a real life thing dude.

I truly don't know where to begin with this. So, I will just leave it alone. Peace to you my man. Don't raise your blood pressure too high for I have no intention of raising mine over you. I have said I had no ill intent and, indeed, have no basis for such regarding Denzel Houston. But you can't seem to get that. So I will say no more on the matter.

with people being so defensive I'm wondering if he has off the field problems. Bet he is having a hard time in his PE class

I truly don't know where to begin with this. So, I will just leave it alone. Peace to you my man. Don't raise your blood pressure too high for I have no intention of raising mine over you. I have said I had no ill intent and, indeed, have no basis for such regarding Denzel Houston. But you can't seem to get that. So I will say no more on the matter.
I never said you did but you want me to understand where you coming from but can't do the same have nice one and good luck to apk in the playoffs hope they bring one back for central Florida

ratontoe, who you stay wit man you on that Mainland ride, they goooood
yeah im rockin wit mainland and thanks the things that they are doing over there are second to none talking about a real college prep type programs morning check-ins saturday practices etc. I have two nephews come up through their program and a couple of my boys from pop warner i coached plays their as well so im for mainland because it more than just football there but im for the whole central florida area unless you play mainland that week. i hope every team thats in it from the central florida area wins their respective classes to show that the best ball just dont come from south fla. no shots taken on south florida football it is great you playing barn burners night in night out dont get me wrong im just a central florida guy with pride about my area but i do know the best overall ball comes from the tri-county areas im silly but not stupid lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT