ADVERTISEMENT

Mainland 48 Bartram Trail 22

Dan in Daytona

Nov 20, 2008
Well I guess we know who is for real, and who is not ready for prime time. Nice quality road win for the Buccaneers. I missed the game , but my heart was there. Flagler Palm Coast comes to town Friday.

Reactions: coachdeez
In the two year contract('15,'16) between these highly rated playoff teams Mainland has scored 104 pts, and totalled over 1,000 offensive yrds (500+ each yr). Bartram Trail usually makes it too rounds 3 or 4 of the playoffs in the northern bracket. One of these days Mainland will be back in the north again, where they belong, and will see the other north of I-4 powerhouses. I believe the Bucs might win a few games up there.....:)

Reactions: coachdeez
It really could have been worse. The refs made quite a few questionable calls and took away from of Mainland's defensive aggression. Gotta stop the stupid penalties and you will see even better stats. Mainland had 19 penalties last night, it's gonna be handled though. We missed you last night Dan!!!

Reactions: Dan in Daytona
Coach, you knew that striped bloodhound couldn't let those remark slide. Well...give him something

We had three pass interference calls that were very suspect and its funny that we never get those until we are up by three or four scores. Then our db's were asking the ref if they were lined up offsides and he refused to tell them yet called them offsides 3 times. We had a couple of our players that were clearly blind-sided after the whistle had blown and no whistle on those. We can accept getting the holding penalties on our offense cause they were legit, but it's funny that we never get holding penalties when our guys clearly get held. We even had a ref to tell us that we are Mainland and we should be better than that, we shouldn't expect that call because we should be able to still make the play. We just want the game called the same way on both sides and no matter what the scoreboard says.

All right, thank you for your response and for telling me what happened Coachdeez. Were the holding calls that you thought should have been made on plays where your defense made a play at the line of scrimmage or even for a loss of yardage? Also how did Coach Wilson address the officials when he asked about calls being made or not made?

Striped Bloodhound? Is that how you think of me Dan?
Boyz, Sound like it's back to the O.K. Corral for Round 2

red-robin-logo.png

(Unlimited fries still in affeck - Ketchup charges may apply)

Reactions: Dan in Daytona
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT