ADVERTISEMENT

Mainland 35 Seabreeze 0

Dan in Daytona

Nov 20, 2008
Total domination by the 6A-District 13 Champion Daytona Beach Mainland. In two weeks District 14 runner up Sebastian River High travels north to open the 2015 state football playoffs against the Buccaneers. The Sharks are lead by coach Kevin Pettis, who in 2009 guided Deland High to the big school state finals in Orlando. Word is they like to run the ball. Something tells me they might mix things up against the best team they will see this season..... Seabreeze, like Deland High, is an empty shell of its former self. Skilled athletes have fled both programs in abundance. Neither will return to respectability until this talent drain subsides. Bad for them, good for us, though no love loss here for either.... Mainland goes to the playoffs very healthy. Many new faces played tonight. Shout out to RB CJ Wilson, QB Cyrus Fagan, and WR Randy Baker for some of the prettiest on the field moves I've seen this year. Looked to be 60+ dressed for this contest. That is very, very high for Mainland standards. Since 2011 the FHSAA has put Mainland in the 6A southern championship bracket. With the exception of Armwood this territory includes all of I-4 east to west, south down both coastlines to Miami on the east and Naples on the west. In 2011 Mainland lost at Miami Central in the semi finals( round 4 ). In 2012 lost at Naples for the Regional championship( round 3 ). In 2013 lost at Miami Central again in the semi finals( round 4 ). And in 2014 lost in Daytona to our nemesis Miami Central in the semi finals( round 4 ).... Only Mainland keeps us out of Round 5 this season in Orlando.

Wasn't 2011 the year that Central and Armwood both played in the championship game but had to forfeit both their seasons for some violations?

Dan I don't know if the Sharks will even make the trip, save gas, money, and a sore @ss!

Total domination by the 6A-District 13 Champion Daytona Beach Mainland. In two weeks District 14 runner up Sebastian River High travels north to open the 2015 state football playoffs against the Buccaneers. The Sharks are lead by coach Kevin Pettis, who in 2009 guided Deland High to the big school state finals in Orlando. Word is they like to run the ball. Something tells me they might mix things up against the best team they will see this season..... Seabreeze, like Deland High, is an empty shell of its former self. Skilled athletes have fled both programs in abundance. Neither will return to respectability until this talent drain subsides. Bad for them, good for us, though no love loss here for either.... Mainland goes to the playoffs very healthy. Many new faces played tonight. Shout out to RB CJ Wilson, QB Cyrus Fagan, and WR Randy Baker for some of the prettiest on the field moves I've seen this year. Looked to be 60+ dressed for this contest. That is very, very high for Mainland standards. Since 2011 the FHSAA has put Mainland in the 6A southern championship bracket. With the exception of Armwood this territory includes all of I-4 east to west, south down both coastlines to Miami on the east and Naples on the west. In 2011 Mainland lost at Miami Central in the semi finals( round 4 ). In 2012 lost at Naples for the Regional championship( round 3 ). In 2013 lost at Miami Central again in the semi finals( round 4 ). And in 2014 lost in Daytona to our nemesis Miami Central in the semi finals( round 4 ).... Only Mainland keeps us out of Round 5 this season in Orlando.
With the exception of St Eds,how good is Mainland schedule?? They appear to walk over in state teams in their area. For example, compared to south Fla teams. i.e. MC, BTW, Columbus, Miramar and those publics ? Either they play softies or they should play better teams.. I was told they have not returned a call from an oos school placed to them on 10-26-15... No, Bosco schedule has been filled on 10-26-15 also.

Wasn't 2011 the year that Central and Armwood both played in the championship game but had to forfeit both their seasons for some violations?
Magic, that was the year both finalists were disqualified for starting ineligible players. Mainland and Bartram Trial both lost in very close games the week before.

Dan I don't know if the Sharks will even make the trip, save gas, money, and a sore @ss!
Laying it on a little thick there aren't we coach ? I'll never forget Mainland beating up on your Deland Bulldogs early one year and your guys coming back and whipping the Bucs asses in the playoff rematch. Good thing for Mainland is those coaches are still there and surely remember that debacle.

With the exception of St Eds,how good is Mainland schedule?? They appear to walk over in state teams in their area. For example, compared to south Fla teams. i.e. MC, BTW, Columbus, Miramar and those publics ? Either they play softies or they should play better teams.. I was told they have not returned a call from an oos school placed to them on 10-26-15... No, Bosco schedule has been filled on 10-26-15 also.
Clearly Drummer, Mainland wasn't up to speed at St Edward's for many unforseen reasons. Give my Bucs a little more credit then being just an "area" power. They split with AH-P the last two years. Are 2-1 against Naples , 2-0 vs Niceville, 4-0 vs Polk county reps in last couple seaaons, 1-0 at S. Ft Myers, etc, etc. Get a map Jersey Boy. That area is bigger then the state you worship. As for OOS games, Mainland's stilling trying to round up the 10K for the Cleveland mess. This is an inner-city Florida public high school, not an elite wealthy catholic preparatory academy with deep pockets.

Clearly Drummer, Mainland wasn't up to speed at St Edward's for many unforseen reasons. Give my Bucs a little more credit then being just an "area" power. They split with AH-P the last two years. Are 2-1 against Naples , 2-0 vs Niceville, 4-0 vs Polk county reps in last couple seaaons, 1-0 at S. Ft Myers, etc, etc. Get a map Jersey Boy. That area is bigger then the state you worship. As for OOS games, Mainland's stilling trying to round up the 10K for the Cleveland mess. This is an inner-city Florida public high school, not an elite wealthy catholic preparatory academy with deep pockets.
Other than having to take a bus, what unforeseen reasons do you mean?? They got roughed up but good.. What makes you or anybody think I worship Jersey??? I do respect several of their teams as do most HONEST viewers. Did the promoter steal the money and if so, that's to bad.. ''Inner city".....Daytona Beach??? It's a school with almost 3000 students who have very good athletes...The figures you site are decent but not consistent competition every week.. Only AHP is worthy and against them it's 1-1.. Mainland has the potential with better coaching, better schedule and a culture that promotes disciplined players and habits.. The fact that the area is bigger than Jersey appears to have no baring on quality of teams produced... or their national rankings.. I like Mainland, wish them well and hope that they play better teams so that those players can reach a fuller potential.. If they keep beating those soft teams, nobody improves and entitlement attitude and sloppy play continues..

Drummer Mainland has NOT received a call from any OOS team! Matter of Fact the good ole ball coaches from Mainland approached good ole Rush at the Nike COY clinic to play and were told we will get it done next week only to be ignored! Better yet most of the powers in the state won't even return a phone call let alone play a game. Losing to Miami Central who finished ranked in the top 10 in the country the last two years is nothing to be ashamed of. It doesn't say anything about schedule at all. What it does show is that in 2013 a team that had a TOTAL of 2 div 1 players competed with a team that had more Div 1 prospects at one position their oline than we had in the whole program! So keep talking about scheduling and all that when all we do is compete and sometimes win vs teams with MUCH more than we have. Tell them to call and if it's reasonable we will play!

Mainland also beat Dr. Phillips (6-3) 28-7. Dp's other two losses are to nationally ranked Apopka (20-22) and West Orange (34-41) for reference.

Mainland is my pick in 6A. They are the clear #1 in CFLA despite what local outlets think.

Drummer Mainland has NOT received a call from any OOS team! Matter of Fact the good ole ball coaches from Mainland approached good ole Rush at the Nike COY clinic to play and were told we will get it done next week only to be ignored! Better yet most of the powers in the state won't even return a phone call let alone play a game. Losing to Miami Central who finished ranked in the top 10 in the country the last two years is nothing to be ashamed of. It doesn't say anything about schedule at all. What it does show is that in 2013 a team that had a TOTAL of 2 div 1 players competed with a team that had more Div 1 prospects at one position their oline than we had in the whole program! So keep talking about scheduling and all that when all we do is compete and sometimes win vs teams with MUCH more than we have. Tell them to call and if it's reasonable we will play!

I was told that a call by a Bosco booster was made from Jersey.. Message was left with a Pat M. in athletic Dept on 10-26 as I stated.. It's mute now as Bosco schedule was filled..

You were TOLD? So you didn't really make the call? So you really don't know then. And we have 10 games already scheduled so how were we going to play this game.

Mainland 15K rip off ( St Ed's trip) on front page of this morning Daytona Beach News-Journal. Might be able to view, if interested, free online. Other big name schools listed who got beat out of money too. (St Joe's, Gadsten, DePaul Catholic, Dutch Fork)

Mainland 15K rip off ( St Ed's trip) on front page of this morning Daytona Beach News-Journal. Might be able to view, if interested, free online. Other big name schools listed who got beat out of money too. (St Joe's, Gadsten, DePaul Catholic, Dutch Fork)
Those dirt bags must be prosecuted.. All the best, see you next season..

Last edited:
You were TOLD? So you didn't really make the call? So you really don't know then. And we have 10 games already scheduled so how were we going to play this game.
Dude, you know that guy is a liar, right? He's trying to con you. He's a troll.

I wish people knew how many teams we contacted in the offseason but don't want to play us because of the fear of losing and having too much pride of their "winning" record. I can at least testify under the Scott Wilson era, MAINLAND HAVE NOT RAN AWAY FROM COMPETITION! Let's cut all of the "he say" "she say" crap out!

I wish people knew how many teams we contacted in the offseason but don't want to play us because of the fear of losing and having too much pride of their "winning" record. I can at least testify under the Scott Wilson era, MAINLAND HAVE NOT RAN AWAY FROM COMPETITION! Let's cut all of the "he say" "she say" crap out!

That's how it is!!!! Wanna get a game give us a shout!!! (386) 258-4665 ext. 54321 Mainland Football Office

Beating St. Eds or any other out of state powers has no bearing on winning a state title... The ultimate goal.

Reactions: BPND77
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT