ADVERTISEMENT

Mainland 35 Flagler Palm Coast 10

Dan in Daytona

Nov 20, 2008
Let me carefully choose my words here... people know who I am after 190+ Mainland games in a row. This was a very ugly win. Same umpiring crew from two weeks ago. Can you say unprofessional! That's all you get Jambun, take it or leave it. I don't give a damn what you think, no particulars this time. (8A) FPC scored 7pts each in their first two games going 1-1. The #1 6A team in Florida should have beat them 50-0. Right now the voting AP sports writers have got it all wrong. No way has Mainland earned that lofty position at this early stage of the season. Anyway, does it really matter ? This is about a state championship. Anything less will be a huge,huge disappointment to the players and coaches. We fans will get over it sooner because we haven't put in the time, effort and sacrifice they have. Keep working young Bucs, you got time. A sacrificial lamb, known in Volusia County as Pine Ridge High School is up next..... O-Town or bust!

Dan, as you said, it is still early in the season. But I understand your concern. With the teams you have put together recently it would be a shame if at least one of them does not get the chance to play for a State Title. I hope this one does. It would be nice to see at least two Sentinel coverage area teams at the Citrus Bowl. In 8a, at the moment, you gotta feel that the Orlando area has a representative as the North bracket seems relatively weak with Manatee struggling and Plant and First Coast gone.

Seems there's a little changing of the guard going on this season. Booker T went down again. Lakeland came back but was down 38-7. Miramar got waxed again in state. Plant and Manatee aren't world beaters. Top three appear to be STA, Apopka, and IMG. Good thing it all works out in the end at the Citrus Bowl and those new interstate after season bowl games. We high school football fans of powerhouse programs got it good Darter. We never have to say "wait till next year." But nothing last forever. Until then.....I'm ridin the wave.

Unprofessional? Of course, you can't or won't provide any details, which since you don't know what you are talking about anyway, is to be expected.

Jam, tell you what, how about you ignore my posts like those of Neutral Observer. We have zero in common, man. When "Popsicle" rode your ass I cringed. I actually felt bad for you and hoped he would be a little more understand towards your questions. For a long time I thought you were a one dimensional " morph " from our friend living in SW FL. Not so sure now, but always hoped your character was a ruse or joke. I don't want to say nasty and insulting things to you. Please ignore me. Thank you.

INTERVENTION NEEDED, PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN!

Some body who know jambun need to go over to his house, personally sit him down somewhere and tell him slowly and carefully:

DAYTONA... DAN...
DON'T... GIVE... A... DAMN...
WATCHU... THINK.

Be prepare to stay awhile, cause chances is excellent jambun won't understand a damn thing you're tellin him the furse 49-50 times he hear it. Just be patient and keep sayin it m-o-r-e s-l-o-w-e-r each time.

For a long time I thought you were a one dimensional " morph " from our friend living in SW FL. Not so sure now, but always hoped your character was a ruse or joke.
If by saying "from our friend in SW FL", you thought jambun82 were a creation of Nu'Trelle's, he consider that one of the most flattering comments that is ever been posted about him on this forum.

Nu'Trelle have been known to joke around some what, but no way in the world he got a sense of humor any where near good enough to come up with a character which even remotely resemble "jambun".

In Nu'Trelle's mind, the cartoon character jambun is one of those big cur dawgs who lay sleepin on the porch til some poor sucker merely try walkin by (i.e., make a post that mention "call, flag, or ref"). Soon as it happen, jambun jump to his feet an go into attack mode...but instead of flyin off the porch 8-10 feet on the furse bound, he mistakenly bolt toward the house, slam headfurse into the stucco and knock hisself out cold.

Leave it to Neutral to put things in the proper humorous prospective. Jam is a real ball buster. He is quite funny when you think about it. Peace to that old man from this old man.

Nobody rode me about anything. Blackpopsicle and this other clown who supposedly works at Wendy's and still thinks it's 1955 with his "high school kids should go to the school they are zoned for, but coaches can change jobs and turn their backs on kids one week before the season is perfectly all right" have no clue about me and what officials actually do and neither do you. Why don't you ask Scott Wilson what he thinks about that officiating crew that you called unprofessional, why he has had that crew twice already, and why Mainland will probably get that crew a few more times before the season ends? Have you ever thought that there is a reason why an elite program like Mainland get these officials for their games? You don't have to feel sorry for me, because I know what I am talking about, and I know that I am right. Blackpopsicle knows that I am right as well. I am educating this message board about high school football officiating and, something you obviously know nothing about. Tell me again why those kids in Texas were justified in blindsiding the official because of "racial slurs" which more than likely never happened. Of course, I could see why a man like you would think that way, no surprise at all.

... Blackpopsicle and this other clown who supposedly works at Wendy's and still thinks it's 1955 with his "high school kids should go to the school they are zoned for, but coaches can change jobs and turn their backs on kids one week before the season is perfectly all right" have no clue about me and what officials actually do ...
If you know jambun82, please tell him that Nu'Trelle very upset that he would impune a man of blackpopsicle's integrity by grouping the man with clowns who work at Wendy's. And also, you might want to mention to jambun that Nu'Trelle will be looking for him if blackpopiscle become depressed over anything jambun done said and decide to harm hisself.

Lastly, please explain to jambun that there ain't never been no clowns on here from Wendy's that Nu'Trelle can recall which advocate the idea of a high school coach walking out on his team.

Callin jambun out for bein the fool he is: You the one always askin for mo details. Well, here's your next assignment for shooting your mouth off. There's 9 pages of archived posts available on this message board. Review them and get back to us on how many times Nu'Trelle made any remark which would even mildy indicate he support a coach who would walk out on his team.

Take all the time in the World, hoss. In fack, don't bother looking for two. Find just one. We'll wait.

Mr. Mooncalf:

The clowns are at McDonalds. The kings are at (surprise) Burger King. Wendy's has the little girl with red hair and pigtails. None of these eateries has a POS WEARING A STRIPED SHIRT.

Unless, of course, you count Hamburglar, who I believe Ronald fired for being a liar and a thief.

Please STFU, BEFORE I START RIDING YOU AGAIN LIKE I I DID IN THE PAST. Miracle work, I tell you, making you look just as stupid as you have always been. Go blow your whistle and grind your teeth, knowing that your ability to read a rule book and misinterpret it is unparalleled here or anywhere on the World Wide Web.

I know you will misinterpret this post just as you do all others, just take my word for this: if Dan says those referees were unprofessional, he was being overly gracious. He has a track record of doing so in order to be fair.
You can bet your Civil War Chess set that the officials he was referring to
SUCKED LIKE BAY STREET HUSTLERS.

Jam, look it's clear that your reading comprehension is very low. Never did I say those two Texas kids were right in what they did. I took offense to Drummer jumping to conclusions before all the facts were in and you did the same thing. He quoted what a hate filled redneck might say about the incident. "Why choose to quote one of them instead of a priest, teacher, coach or lefty liberal ?" Did you not read it ??? Or did you not understand "they should never have been brought here, can't control emotions, 50yrs of hand outs." That thread is still here. Find where I sided with those two ball players ? That's right fool, it's not there! I never did side with them ! But you said I did ! Where is it ? Jambun = low comprehension...As to Neutral and Popsicle now "Jumping your dumb a$$ again too," I really wish that they hadn't..... I don't watch Mainland or any other team on the planet with rose colored glasses. If anything I'm more critical of the Bucs then any of the local sports writers. I tell it the way I see it, warts and all. And believe this, that crew has ZERO CREDIBILITY. I've seen them, I've heard them, HAVE YOU ??? Take the blinders off old guy, let me teach you a few things about life that you somehow missed out on. The offer is still there. Lunch on me (100 miles from Daytona any direction, any Friday or any Saturday). You name the place ! Remember you passed on the first offer a couple years ago when we first started bumping hard heads. I promise not to hurt you...in the restaurant.. It's a joke.

Jam, look it's clear that your reading comprehension is very low. Never did I say those two Texas kids were right in what they did.
Daytona Dan could be right about jambun havin a reading comprehension deficit, but then again, maybe not. Any one of several issues could be involve.

Jambun might be one of those dudes who have "voices in their head" and the voices don't read the words right fore they tell him what was wrote down.

Man could be a heavy drinker. Maybe he don't visit FL Varsity til he get sufficiently liquored up, then make up some post after he mix up whatever he just read.

Not sayin jambun is, but some people is bad dependent on drugs. After an addict use & abuse, the drugs will tell him stuff you and me could not fathom.

Lord only knows, Daytona Dan never said ANYTHING about the assault on the Texas refereee being "justified". Yet jambun clearly accuse him of that!

Likewise, Nu'Trelle have never mentioned a damn word about being good with a HS coach who would walk out on his team. Nu'Trelle aint good with ANYONE who walks out on his team.

Whatever is causing jambun's confusion, let's hope he gets the help he need to straighten hisself out. If it takes Daytona Dan drivin 100 miles to meet him for "lunch" just to get the opportunity to smack some sense into him, then so be it. Might could work. The rest of us could then chip-in to reimburse DD for gas money. Nomsayin?

Dan, I think that I would like to take you up on your offer to meet somewhere for lunch. Maybe we can discuss some things in a reasonable way, and talk about our differences, and you don't have to travel 100 miles because I live in Volusia County. Would somewhere in Port Orange or South Daytona be all right? Friday or Saturday is not a good day for me though, could we work out another day? Neutral Observer, I know that you have strong opinions about many things, but a few weeks back another poster mentioned a coach in the Orlando area who quit the team he was coaching for to become a DC at another school, you asked why this poster was so hung up on this matter when many on this message board have including you have always rode kids who change schools because they are not happy at the school that they zoned for. Blackpopsicle, I am sure that you are a good coach, and I know that there are problems relating to officials in Duval County, but you have to admit that there has been some poor coaching in Duval County over the years, and you have said some very negative things about all officials, which I think is unfair. Most High School Football Officials do this as a vocation, and to give back to the game that they love, and don't deserve to be threatened and treated the way that they sometimes are by ungrateful turds like those players and coaches in Texas, and many other places.

... Blackpopsicle, I am sure that you are a good coach, and I know that there are problems relating to officials in Duval County, but you have to admit that there has b
een some poor coaching in Duval County over the years, and you have said some very negative things about all officials, which I think is unfair...

Hey! Even a blind hog finds an acorn occasionally.

... Neutral Observer, I know that you have strong opinions about many things, but a few weeks back another poster mentioned a coach in the Orlando area who quit the team he was coaching for to become a DC at another school, you asked why this poster was so hung up on this matter ...

Nu'Trelle was tryin to get the poster (i.e., guy who started the thread) to reveal why he was obsessed with trying to find out why the last coach left the school (Maynard Evans). If you followed the string, the guy asked if anyone had details numerous times. He wouldn't quit.

After the poster asked 5 or 6 times over a 3 or 4 day period and no one gave him the answers he was looking for. Nu'Trelle tried in vain to explain to the guy that he needed to give up the ghost, but he was obsessed to the point of being blind.

My question to you, much in the same vein as Daytona Dan's question, how do my remarks to the guy translate in your mind to Nu'Trelle licensing what the departing coach did a week before the season started????????????????

NOTHING COULD BE FURTHER FROM THE TRUTH. How could you read the remarks and allow yourself to become confused to THAT EXTENT???????????????

Neutral, I just disagree with you on children having to always attend the school that they are zoned for, especially if we are going to have no loyalty among coaches like the Mainland graduate who turned his back on the players of Port Orange Atlantic to take another job a week before the season started. Now, I know that you don't like my views, and don't think much of me as a person, but that is how I feel along with sometimes thinking that High School Football Officials get an unfair shake on this message board. I do owe you an apology for calling you a clown, I am sorry for that.

Neutral ... I do owe you an apology for calling you a clown, I am sorry for that.
You don't owe Nu'Trelle an apology. Being a clown is what Nu'Trelle's gig is all about. 99% of the time when Nu'Trelle come here, he fully INTENDS to be a clown. Probably shouldn't tell you that - cause you apparently have never been able to figure it out on your own!

Neutral, I just disagree with you on children having to always attend the school that they are zoned for...
On this issue, Nu'Trelle will not be a clown or mince any words. Read carefully.

Nu'Trelle were involved in amateur sports as either a player or a coach for the first 45 years of his life. Never earned a dime at any of it. Vounteered to try to make a difference.

As a kid, Nu'Trelle mostly played on .500 ball clubs because youth league officials did their best to balance the available talent. In school, talent was divided up by boundary lines ... and it usually worked pretty effectively. Power shifted from school to school depending on which area was blessed with the most gifted athletes in a particular year.

Having balance among rosters meant there was competition. And in Nu'Trelle's mind, competition is a very healthy thing ... particularly for kids. There was no dishonor in being on a .500 ball club back (as you referenced) in 1955 and trust this, in 1955 there was no such thing as an adult who would suggest you were a "loser" if you happened to play on a team that went 7-3, 6-4 or 5-5.

Fast forward to 2015, now we have adults who would ridicule a team for going 10-0 because they never went out-of-state, just stayed around and played "normal" high schools. Nothing is good enough unless a kid plays on a team that is "ranked".

Nothing is good enough unless you're on a team that can stack up against IMG - a costly private academy that has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with high school football.

Forget about the benefits of participation in HS sports. Nothing is good enough unless a kid receives a "D-1scholarship". Forget the college career too. Nothing is good enough unless a kid winds up being a "high round draft pick".

And this makes the game of football - particularly football in the formative years - better in your estimation? Please - Nu'Trelle is down on his hands and knees at this point - gimme a break!

Reactions: Cat_Scratch
Jam, South Daytona/ Port Orange sounds great. I live off Clyde Morris around the corner from Atlantic High School, south of Reed Canal. Dunlawton, Beville, Nova, Ridgewood, Pavilion on Williamson, etc. all would be OK. This Wednesday or Thursday is OK! You call it, day, time, location. Next week no problem either. Post it, I'll confirm it, and then see you there. Peace.

Y'all meeting up for a brawl or to have drinks... Both occasions would be video worthy just let me know and I will get Wave and the plane to land on Daytona speedway with the camera crew to cover it.

Reactions: Wavebb
Peezy, no one is going to brawl, and I don't drink alcohol. I hope and believe that the meeting is going to be amicable. Dan, what about Red Robin or Hooligan's on Wednesday September 23rd? Do you have another preference for a restaurant, and what time would be good for you? Neutral, for me it is not about playing out-of-state, national rankings, or even getting a D-1 scholarship, it is about having coaches and teachers who care about the kids they teach before their own personal ambitions. It sounds like you had some great coaches and teachers growing up. Not all of us did though.

Neutral ... It sounds like you had some great coaches and teachers growing up. Not all of us did though.
Nu'Trelle can put things into perspective for you with one sentence:

There isn't one chance in a BILLION that ANY of the prima donna players that we see today would have elected to transfer to the HS Nu'Trelle attended as a kid. Not ONE.

That said, did we have coaches and teachers who were good? Yes, some of them were. Did we have some that were not so good? That's also correct. Would Nu'Trelle's HS have gotten one of today's "A" ratings? No chance in hell. We had far too many under-achievers ... kids who really didn't give a rat's ass ... and teachers who looking to collect their pay, not perform miracles.

Why did Nu'Trelle stay in that system? Pretty simple, my friend. It was an era when you didn't question why you were assigned to go to school. Plus, all of Nu'Trelle's friends went there.

Had you grown up in the same hood as Nu'Trelle, you would have gotten up in the morning, brushed your teeth and marched your young ass to school. And if you would have bad-mouthed the school or one of our .500 +/- teams, your a$$ woulda gotten beat to a pulp. Poor neighborhood, but one with no shortage of pride.

What's the main reason Nu'Trelle escaped the place? Wasn't a teacher. Wasn't a coach. It was the lady who raised him. She was the type of person who believed that weak people made excuses, while successful individuals took full responsibility for their own destiny.

It was true back then. And it's still true today. Show me someone who offers excuses (e.g., bad coaches, wrong offensive scheme, etc.) and I'll show you a born loser who will never figure out how to improve his/her lot in life.

Mom grew up dirt poor and had to raise Nu'Trelle in the very same hood. She wouldn't accept any type of excuse and feeling sorry for yourself was COMPLETELY unacceptible. As a kid, Nu'Trelle's biggest fear in life is that he would lose his Mom. His second biggest fear was that he would disappoint her in some way.

Finally, one last thing about Mom. She wouldn't be upset with you for calling Nu'Trelle a clown because she occasionally did the same thing. Even as a kid, Nu'Trelle couldn't resist an opportunity to crack a joke. He learned at a very young age that laughter could help alleviate some of the deprivation.

Reactions: riverrat1961
Peezy, no one is going to brawl, and I don't drink alcohol. I hope and believe that the meeting is going to be amicable. Dan, what about Red Robin or Hooligan's on Wednesday September 23rd? Do you have another preference for a restaurant, and what time would be good for you? Neutral, for me it is not about playing out-of-state, national rankings, or even getting a D-1 scholarship, it is about having coaches and teachers who care about the kids they teach before their own personal ambitions. It sounds like you had some great coaches and teachers growing up. Not all of us did though.

Jam, Wednesday the 23rd is fine with me. Never been to Red Robin's at the Pavillion, but heard about the unlimited dinner fries. Been to Hooligans on Dunlawton many times. It's your call, I'm buying this time. Between 11:30-3:00 works better for me (M-Th). Looking forward to meeting you. Pick time and place. I'll be the old guy with white hair, dark rimmed glass, and a Mainland blue polo shirt. See ya....Buc Forever

must h
Jam, Wednesday the 23rd is fine with me. Never been to Red Robin's at the Pavillion, but heard about the unlimited dinner fries. Been to Hooligans on Dunlawton many times. It's your call, I'm buying this time. Between 11:30-3:00 works better for me (M-Th). Looking forward to meeting you. Pick time and place. I'll be the old guy with white hair, dark rimmed glass, and a Mainland blue polo shirt. See ya....Buc Forever

That's nice. Really, not being snarky. Two guys, meeting to settle their differences as thinking men, over an endless plate of fried potatoes. It's the way all conflicts should be settled.

Call security, just in case.

Reactions: Trelle
Note to all those planning to show up at the "OK Corral": Officials at Red Robin Corporate Headquarters in Village Green, CO have advised that all those in the greater Daytona, FL metro area should plan on arriving at their favorite Red Robin a few minutes early on Wednesday, September 23rd. Metal detectors and bomb-sniffing dogs will be used to screen all incoming guests due to concerns over increased internet threat-levels.

Neutral Observer, I am sure that you have many memories about where you grew up and what you went through. I don't know what you had to go through going up, and quite frankly, I don't really care. You have your beliefs, and I have mine, and I believe in school choice, as do many of the Mainland Buccaneers considering all of the transfers to that school in recent years. Dan, Red Robin would be good around 1:45-2:00 pm on Wednesday the 23th. If you like hamburgers, as I do, you will enjoy Red Robin, and of course there are the endless fries. Blackpopsicle, I wish that you and I could meet and settle our differences in this way one day, but I am sure that you disagree. In fact there are probably about one thousand things that you would rather do before that, which I am sure that you will list in your next post lol.

When I see you, I'm going to dot your eye.

Kidding! Not really! Don't mean it! Just wrote it before I saw the etiquette thread! Don't kick me off! I don't want to have to go to the slap board! Pipe dreams scares me!

Last edited:
Don't worry about Pipe Dreams, I know where he surfs and If he sends you to the slap board I'll go out on a paddle board and wave hog him till he loses his mind from wave starvation. He will forget his screen name and password in 3 days and this board will be moderator free like in the days when Mr. Highschool was moderator. So glad he retired cause he was always threatening me for calling him a Bolles fan. He is a Bolles fan right? BaaWaaaaHaaaahaaa.

Never forget the time when Nu'Trelle tolt us about when he was in college and he dropped some of his coinage in the grating. How he had to make a choice to eat or walk home in a snow storm. The bus was the right choice Nu'Trelle. You didn't stave to deaf and you didn't freeze to deaf.

You seemed to make good choices early in life. Your mom pasted on a lifetime of wisdom. Not surprised that you pass along some very sound insight on life and choices.

ps, I was lucky enough to have a mom a lot like yours.

Neutral Observer, I am sure that you have many memories about where you grew up and what you went through. I don't know what you had to go through going up, and quite frankly, I don't really care. You have your beliefs, and I have mine, and I believe in school choice, as do many of the Mainland Buccaneers considering all of the transfers to that school in recent years. Dan, Red Robin would be good around 1:45-2:00 pm on Wednesday the 23th. If you like hamburgers, as I do, you will enjoy Red Robin, and of course there are the endless fries. Blackpopsicle, I wish that you and I could meet and settle our differences in this way one day, but I am sure that you disagree. In fact there are probably about one thousand things that you would rather do before that, which I am sure that you will list in your next post lol.

Jam, Red Robin's it is on Sept. 23 between 1:45-2:00pm...Later

Update:

Boyz, board ettiquette gonna be tested bigtime on Wednesday, Sept 23, 2015 between 1:45 and 2:00 pm when two of the biggest hitters on Football Central, jambun82 and Daytona Dan face off "in discussion" at the Red Robin off Williamson Blvd. in South Daytona.

Some folks, such as blackpopsicle, believe the boyz is been sucked into the meeeting by the lure of unlimited french fries, but Nu'Trelle doubt it. Afterall, how many french fry can two mens eat in a matter of just 15 minutes?

If you aint got no reservation: Don't bother comin. Nu'Trelle called Red Robin and they is "sold out" next Wednesday. In fack, the manager said several peoples is already startin to arrive in the parkin lot 6 days ahead. Tents is started to appear.

Police presence have already been very heavy. Earlier this morning local cops confisticated a number of weapons (pictured below) out a car with 26's in the parkin lot.

55d38c55ba76fd4f5b87cb4e29d9b8d0.jpg

Wavebb and FL Pops - both of whom pack multiple numbers of weapons for self-defense purposes in case they runs into a DE tryin to smash people in the head with a football helmet - both say they arsenals is in tack.

More later.

Dan that sounds good. I will wait for you in the front, if I get there before you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT