ADVERTISEMENT

Mainland 33 Spruce Creek 7

Dan in Daytona

Nov 20, 2008
Look who reloaded... surprised ? 8A Spruce Creek will give the two Jacksonville teams and the Orlando large class teams all they want come the fall in the big school north bracket. Playing the athletic Buccaneers is a whole different challenge they clearly aren't up too just yet. With 19 penalties for 140 yds. the Buc's weren't as clean as one would like. But's it's early and 7 on 7 in the summer will fine tune some of the issues. Mainland went 35-0 last year in the touch tournaments. That won't happen again ( No Denzel ). We'll take a couple Dade county wins in the fall and call it even. Mainland is young, fast, and athletic....sound familiar :)

Boy.... Y'all and those penalties lmao
Well it's a Mainland thing. The fella's can be a little rambunctious at times. They play loose, enthusiastic and aggressive, like the athletic Dade teams. Not always to that level, but the effort is always there. Kickoff Classic is at the Blue Darter's of Apopka this year. That master over there has some mis-direction that burns Mainland type teams. Great opening opponent to see where you stand athletically and discipline wise. The season can't come soon enough for us old war horses :)

Reactions: Silver King
Well it's a Mainland thing. The fella's can be a little rambunctious at times. They play loose, enthusiastic and aggressive, like the athletic Dade teams. Not always to that level, but the effort is always there. Kickoff Classic is at the Blue Darter's of Apopka this year. That master over there has some mis-direction that burns Mainland type teams. Great opening opponent to see where you stand athletically and discipline wise. The season can't come soon enough for us old war horses :)

I think we picked a bad year to play you, Dan. I am just glad it won't count on our record. I hope it don't get too ugly.

I'm not buying it Darter. Denzel is gone and outside of the fast and dangerous wideouts we are young. I see early growing pains. I also see Dr Phillips, Cocoa, playoffs, and Dade county.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT