ADVERTISEMENT

Mainland 28 Ft Pierce Central 17

Dan in Daytona

Nov 20, 2008
In a game that this homer thought shouldn't have been this close, the Mainland defense came through with a big 4th quarter pic6 to extend a four point lead to double digits and head into the playoffs with an undefeated 10-0 record. LB Kyle Oliver caught an errant bullet pass over the middle and very quickly ran it back for the winner. With the exception of one busted play ( first FPC Td ) the Mainland defense was dominant, and definitely is ready for the upcoming playoff season. Credit the Ft Pierce staff with making some half time adjustments and moving the ball pretty well. Their defense played damn good too. Don't know if they got the horses to knock off Manatee over there next week, but you can bet they will be coached up properly. Bucs still have a few banged up starters, It would be nice to get them back. 10 down 5 to go.....Great job players and coaches. An undefeated regular season is very special. Your hard work and dedication has put you up there with the best teams that Mainland has ever had in its 90yrs of playing football. I speak for many, we love you guys. Man, it's great to be Mainland Buccaneer !

Dan y'all are a heck of a ball club and class ages as coaches too. helluva play by #7 on that pick six. A few inches higher and e could have made it interesting but can't deny 7's individual effort. I coach the oline at fpc and we have the utmost respect for y'all! I think this was a great game for both teams heading into the playoffs and it was great for my youngins to see team speed like y'alls. Best of the luck the rest of the way. and like you said we both are hoping to get a few kids healthy so anything can happen in the playoffs. I hope y'all go and get that ring!

Solid job by your O-Line, coach. Getting at your athletic QB without the blitz was pretty tough. It was nice to see the respect the players had for each other after the game. That tells me both programs are being lead by men of high character who teach more then X's and O's. You're building a good thing down there. Best of luck over on the west coast

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT