ADVERTISEMENT

Mainland 13 University ( Orange City ) 7

Dan in Daytona

Nov 20, 2008
Athletes aplenty in this battle for Volusia County spring bragging rights. This one could have gone either way, but the good guys in Blue & Gold ended the three quarter scrimmage on top for the 3rd time in a row against the improving Titans. The 8A Orange City team will give their Orlando area competition much trouble come playoff time with a strong power running game with just enough misdirection and deception to keep defenses honest. Mainland again has Reloaded. The Buccaneers will be just fine come the fall. I didn't have a roster to name names, but Mainland has many young future standouts to keep us old guys excited about continuing our 20+ seasons of playoff excellence. The Bucs are still the boss of Volusia County..... If someone was to ever hand me over a few million dollars, I'm replicating Deland's Spec Martin Studuim on the Daytona Mainland campus. It's a great little ballpark.

Dan, couldn't agree more! That was a well played game, minus a few errors on both sides but you expect that in the spring. Houston is such an outstanding QB, he gave my DB's fits all night!! I was really impressed with #18, don't remember his name as well as Jenkins(#11) and Bellamy(#7) couple of kids who will make headlines this fall. As for our guys we missed some blocks, missed some tackles and had a few coverage break downs. All things that can be corrected this summer. We're getting closer however have not closed the gap yet, I do believe by fall we both will be hitting full stride and be the top teams in the area!! I really enjoy playing you guys in the spring, hope it will continue. Good luck to you guys this season!! Beat Central this year, would be nice to see local teams in the state finals!

Reactions: Dan in Daytona
That sounds like a great spring classic between the two best teams in Volusia County. Many of our spring classics in Volusia County have been blowouts, or high scoring affairs like the 35-23 Pine Ridge victory over Tavares game that I witnessed. The Panthers looked motivated with their new Head Coach and Spread Offense. I think that many football teams will be improved in Volusia County in 2016.

Dan, couldn't agree more! That was a well played game, minus a few errors on both sides but you expect that in the spring. Houston is such an outstanding QB, he gave my DB's fits all night!! I was really impressed with #18, don't remember his name as well as Jenkins(#11) and Bellamy(#7) couple of kids who will make headlines this fall. As for our guys we missed some blocks, missed some tackles and had a few coverage break downs. All things that can be corrected this summer. We're getting closer however have not closed the gap yet, I do believe by fall we both will be hitting full stride and be the top teams in the area!! I really enjoy playing you guys in the spring, hope it will continue. Good luck to you guys this season!! Beat Central this year, would be nice to see local teams in the state finals!
#18 jhii taylor junior to be

Reactions: UHSTitan
Athletes aplenty in this battle for Volusia County spring bragging rights. This one could have gone either way, but the good guys in Blue & Gold ended the three quarter scrimmage on top for the 3rd time in a row against the improving Titans. The 8A Orange City team will give their Orlando area competition much trouble come playoff time with a strong power running game with just enough misdirection and deception to keep defenses honest. Mainland again has Reloaded. The Buccaneers will be just fine come the fall. I didn't have a roster to name names, but Mainland has many young future standouts to keep us old guys excited about continuing our 20+ seasons of playoff excellence. The Bucs are still the boss of Volusia County..... If someone was to ever hand me over a few million dollars, I'm replicating Deland's Spec Martin Studuim on the Daytona Mainland campus. It's a great little ballpark.
That sounds great Dan! I'll talk about 2 teams in dade Mainland has to worry about.. Ofcourse Central and Carol City... It's gonna come down to these 2.. First MC is loaded everywhere and their Qb play will be better than the last 2 seasons I guarentee it!! Their secondary needs a lil more work but should be clicking on all cylinders.... Carol City is clicking!! I'm picking them to win the district again... They just put a whopping to South Dade 48-13... It's going to be a fun year.. Oh yea btw Booker T will take 4a once more!! They return 80% of their players including the freshmen qb and coach ice is back!!!!

That sounds great Dan! I'll talk about 2 teams in dade Mainland has to worry about.. Ofcourse Central and Carol City... It's gonna come down to these 2.. First MC is loaded everywhere and their Qb play will be better than the last 2 seasons I guarentee it!! Their secondary needs a lil more work but should be clicking on all cylinders.... Carol City is clicking!! I'm picking them to win the district again... They just put a whopping to South Dade 48-13... It's going to be a fun year.. Oh yea btw Booker T will take 4a once more!! They return 80% of their players including the freshmen qb and coach ice is back!!!!
Thanks Zoe for the Dade update. Best to you and family. See ya in the fall....Buc Forever.

Reactions: Zoe Boy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT