ADVERTISEMENT

Jesuit

DarterBlue2

Aug 2, 2003
I am thinking of making the trip to Tampa for the Bishop Moore/Jesuit game. If Peezy thinks its going to be a good one, I gonna take him at his word. I have a few questions:

1. Is the stadium on the school grounds?
2. Is it big enough to comfortably host this game, or will it be sold out?
3. If I can expect a sell out, can tickets be had at the gate if you get there by sixish? Or do I need to get a ticket in Orlando to have a chance of getting in?
4. Is there adequate parking?

I guess that is it. Not sure I am going to make the drive but am tempted as Bishop Moore is a pretty entertaining team and last year Jesuit gave them all they could handle.

Yes, the stadium is on the school grounds. In fact, it's right next to the school.
Yes, the stadium is very large with plenty of seating. A really nice campus and a great place to play.
Yes, there is plenty of parking. The parking is a short walk from the stadium.
Jesuit is a complete team this season. It will have to be an exceptional team to be able to take them down. Jesuit is not last year's team.

Will regurge some of what Proset already said
1. Yep
2. Large enough the homeside much bigger than the away side I imagine there will be standing room only for Bishop Moore but its a beautiful venue with lots of nice angles and a video screen.
3. Yeah lots of parking but you want to get IN the jesuit school lot... I had to walk damn near from the Bucs stadium the last time I went to a TC jesuit game which isn't that far but far enough (think I walked further last time I went to apopka vs Manatee).
4. Get your ticket in Orlando man you want to be able to just walk up and through the game the lines will be long.

Jesuit has an awesome running back and a great defense. I am definitely going to see if I can get a hall pass to go to this game.

EC, Proset, thanks for the information. I may make the long drive as I feel it is a better game than Osceola/West Orange. Just wanted to make sure if I did it would not be in vain. To make the trip I would need to leave work early on Friday. So I will make a final decision Thursday based on where I am with the project I am working on.

$2 to park at Jesuit when I was there a few years ago. They have a nice facility with a small jumbo tron. I would think there should be standing room even if the seats fill up. The home fans have a little tradition of passing around baskets full of lollipops whenever the tigers score. If you sit on the home side and Jesuit has a good night, you might just become pre-diabetic by the third quarter.

I can attest their concessions will be fully functional unlike Plant City lol

That was terrible. WTF? Plant City should be ashamed. They host one of the biggest games in their history and their concession was only selling candy. What a f'in joke.

Jesuit's offensive output is about the same as Bishop Moore's close to 40 PPG. However, their defense allows only 1 TD per game. Trinity Catholic blew them out in 2014 and got blown out by them this season. A vast difference in the 2014 and 2015 teams.

That was terrible. WTF? Plant City should be ashamed. They host one of the biggest games in their history and their concession was only selling candy. What a f'in joke.

You need to post that thread over on the other board... I couldn't believe it.

Reactions: 181pl
I will say this.. Coach Thompson is a great coach, a good man... Don't know if he is catholic , but hey doesn't matter right? Lol... He always said he would never leave Armwood unless the right job came along.. And it did.. And he took it ..and he has Jesuit playing on a level that he had the defense playing at at Armwood in the early 2000s... When they won 29 in a row .. Won back to back and shoulda won a third except for some guy named Tebow... Coach Thompson has always been about defense, run the ball and control the clock... Wish him the best... And always running a D that changes with the offense... Hope they win it all

Hammer, come on now... He is a great coach.. Played at Armwood.. Was DC for 9 years there... Took the Jesuit job...

Is he the same Armwood assistant coach who use to post on here as AHSFan? I think he was an assistant at one of the Polk schools at one time as well.

No, that was Chris Taylor he was the OC. Thompson is the DC.

I'm hammering back where I used to hammer.

You guys know I really didn't think he was that looney bird from Pasco County! I just wanted another reason to bring him up!

I will say this.. Coach Thompson is a great coach, a good man... Don't know if he is catholic , but hey doesn't matter right? Lol... He always said he would never leave Armwood unless the right job came along.. And it did.. And he took it ..and he has Jesuit playing on a level that he had the defense playing at at Armwood in the early 2000s... When they won 29 in a row .. Won back to back and shoulda won a third except for some guy named Tebow... Coach Thompson has always been about defense, run the ball and control the clock... Wish him the best... And always running a D that changes with the offense... Hope they win it all
Is this Stephen????

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT