ADVERTISEMENT

JAMBUN!!!

MarkECannon

Oct 9, 2010
Did anyone see the St Frances Academy at Venice Indians game on ESPN2 last night? I like to stay away from discussing the refereeing but this was beyond ridiculous.

I watched much of the game while speaking on the phone with Wavebb. He stated that it appeared the refs must have been chosen from the Venice Indians Booster Club lol. The fact it was broadcasted throughout the United States is a black eye to the state of Florida. The pro-Venice calls protected the Indians from a 50+ point devastation. The final score was SFA 34-17 which looks respectable but it was not.

The ESPN announcers could not help from speaking about it throughout the game. Late in the game one of the announcers stated that SFA had been called for “the cycle of penalties”. During one of Venice’s TD drives, if you can call them that, a clear fumble was ruled the player was down. It was not even close. The other was the TD score where a SFA player knocked the ball out of the Venice player’s hands grasp at the 1 before going across the goal line. That one was somewhat of a bang-bang play but the ref committed his own illegal procedure with his TD signal.

Believe it or not I appreciate Jambun’s attempts to explain ref calls. I would love to see him explain the referees’ performance in this travesty.

Last edited:
Such a shock that jambun hasn't responded. Yet, the piss poor officiating continues week after week...

Such a shock that skyway2021 posts asinine, inane, "observations." The piss poor logic and reason of this poster continues week after week...........

Thinking the refs must have forgotten they were in Orlando last night and would at some point have to leave the field to get to their cars to go home? The group as a whole was just terrible at the Edgewater vs Tampa Bay Tech game. Fortunately despite all the one sided calls, Edgewater held on to win to avoid a ref munity post game.

Some post game thoughts: CJ Baxter is the real deal, and it's a shame Texas will be his destination to play college ball. Tampa Bay Tech offense when it gave the QB time in the pocket, looked like a 7 on 7 offense the way they threw the ball around. Lots of skilled and fast talent at the WR position!

Reactions: MarkECannon
Gatroman001, could you please be a little more specific about these "terrible group" of officials and their "one-sided calls?"

Thinking the refs must have forgotten they were in Orlando last night and would at some point have to leave the field to get to their cars to go home? The group as a whole was just terrible at the Edgewater vs Tampa Bay Tech game. Fortunately despite all the one sided calls, Edgewater held on to win to avoid a ref munity post game.

Some post game thoughts: CJ Baxter is the real deal, and it's a shame Texas will be his destination to play college ball. Tampa Bay Tech offense when it gave the QB time in the pocket, looked like a 7 on 7 offense the way they threw the ball around. Lots of skilled and fast talent at the WR position!
gatorman001, I was informed by a neutral observer(no not that Neutral Observer) that what you are saying about the referees’ performance and the crowd’s reaction is correct. I don’t have details of what happened.

Gatorrman001, I expect and demand that you answer my questions and inquiry.
You see.......... explaining or providing a detail account of each questionable call made that night, ultimately does nothing to change anything that happen during the game or its eventual outcome. take my comments about the contest, key players, officiating and winner (For What It's Worth).

Interesting Peter Tork from the MONKEES, would introduce Buffalo SpringField for this song.

Reactions: Silver King
GATORMAN001, I EXPECT AND DEMAND THAT YOU ANSWER MY QUESTIONS AND INQUIRY! Do you understand, and have I made myself clear?
Things change, just like this forum has. Perhaps (EXPECT and DEMAND) worked consistently for you in the past, bad habits can over time be formed that way. A little success can lead one to believe a bad behavior is a acceptable way to operate, when interacting with others because of even fragmented success. Just a suggestion, but perhaps you might want to consider, turning some pages and roll with the changes.......because expect and demand doesn't work so well for me.......and I'm pretty sure it's not going to work real well on others.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: peezy28
Edgewater’s fans were upset about the officiating. They won the game and were still very angry about the officiating.

Gatorman001, do not comment on the officiating of a Florida High School Football Game again, if you are not prepared to answer questions when prompted by a curious party. DO YOU UNDERSTAND AND HAVE I MADE MYSELF CLEAR?

gatorman001, I was informed by a neutral observer(no not that Neutral Observer) that what you are saying about the referees’ performance and the crowd’s reaction is correct. I don’t have details of what happened.
I have already stated as you can see above that I did not have any details. I made it clear that I spoke to someone that was at the game.

Jambun, were you a referee this season?

That is not a satisfactory answer. I would be very much interested in the "someone" who was at the game's qualifications to be rating and judging officiating of a High School football game.

Fellas, Jambun has been good enough to explain rules/calls on high school Football games which seldom went in the direction of the fan's team who brought it up. Face it if you're discussing refs, it ain't what a great job they did, or that bad calls are part of the game and they even out - some against you, some for you.

I think if people attacked any of our professions and asked us to comment, we'd be as defensive as he is at times. I mean I played on the Offensive Line from junior high through college - but I had nothing to do at all with how horrible the Miami Hurricanes OL was this season...

Here's something else I think: Ya all better behave because:

Silver, Mark as well as myself never attacked officials or their calls during those ames (neither of us had a personal interest in those contests, beyond seeing a florida hs football game ) . We simply reported what we saw, in a manner similar to what a news reporter would in the local newspaper sports section. in my mind a old quote comes to mind with the way has handled himself in this thread......... The phrase 'If you can't take the heat' indicates that if one is unable to cope with a stressful situation, then one should leave it to someone else who can handle it. The expression is also commonly used as 'If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen

Gatorman001, accepting constructive criticism from a mentor or a person who is qualified and knows what he/she is talking about is valid. The difference is that a poster to a message board who has no apparent qualifications to be critiquing and judging officiating performance is another matter entirely. You have not answered my questions or inquiry so it can be concluded that you are NOT qualified to critique or judge officiating performance. Do you understand and have I made myself clear?

Sliver King, thank you. However, next time could you please make your point with a musician other than that man, whom I am embarrassed to share a home state with?

I don't like some his politics, but man some of his music is good. Where in Jersey? I played ball with 4 guys from there, went to visit the shore one summer had a blast

I know that SK. I’m referring to Jambun saying you have to be certified and have a certain amount of hours officiating to comment on a whether calls are ruled correctly or not.

That’s like saying you have to be a trained chef to say whether the food you are served is good or not.

From now on if you want to comment on an officials’ call you must provide video from 4 angles plus an overhead shot. You also need a review from a retired official about the details of the call.

Then and only then can you bring it to discuss on Flavarsity.

Last edited:
  • Haha
I think the lesson here is... its a free country and we all have freedom of speech so your not going to be able to demand answers or tell someone what they can and cannot comment on period...

Now as is with freedom of speech your free to say what you want however your not free from the consequences that come from it... For instance if you were to say something about my family to me or let's say call me a racial epitaph.... Your free to say it however understand the consequences is Peezy will find your address and show up to your door for a good ass whoopin.

So Gatorman and Mark look out for Jambun showing up at your door in the near future 🤣

I've been passionate about some of my stated positions in this forum in the past, some in fact that apparently drew chuckles and back slaps by a few who had gathered for the state finals several years back........it is what it is, being passionate about a opinion and subsequently the reason for a laugh.......hasn't changed my opinion as I type today......

It never caused me however to take things to the next level, as in (showing up at your door), nothing posted on this board should ever require those types of actions...........for those operating with full deck anyways.

Peezy: (Now as is with freedom of speech your free to say what you want however your not free from the consequences that come from it ). have you had an opportunity to read any of the twitter files released over the weekend by Elon Musk? Your assumptions about free speech and/or your ability to express it, might be just alittle naïve. In fact historian Victor Davis hanson addressed this very subject just today.......
https://amgreatness.com/2022/12/04/how-corrupt-is-a-corrupt-media/

Nope haven't seen it an
I've been passionate about some of my stated positions in this forum in the past, some in fact that apparently drew chuckles and back slaps by a few who had gathered for the state finals several years back........it is what it is, being passionate about a opinion and subsequently the reason for a laugh.......hasn't changed my opinion as I type today......

It never caused me however to take things to the next level, as in (showing up at your door), nothing posted on this board should ever require those types of actions...........for those operating with full deck anyways.

Peezy: (Now as is with freedom of speech your free to say what you want however your not free from the consequences that come from it ). have you had an opportunity to read any of the twitter files released over the weekend by Elon Musk? Your assumptions about free speech and/or your ability to express it, might be just alittle naïve. In fact historian Victor Davis hanson addressed this very subject just today.......
https://amgreatness.com/2022/12/04/how-corrupt-is-a-corrupt-media/
Nope haven't seen it and don't plan on it my brother. I'm totally disconnected from all of that and I'm focused on wealth, health, career and family and nothing more... Just got a promotion, lost 40lbs, wife and kids are doing well so i have all i need in life.... Everything else is noise and preventing me from achieving greatness.

That was all said tongue in cheek for Jambun 🤣

Last edited:
Who remember's the Cat from Miami Norlland who was going to jump on the bus and ride up to one of the small private schools winners in North Fl to kick a guy's ass who wouldn't say Norland was the best team in the state that season? The good olld days with slaps - fun times, miss them.

• Love
Sounds like Peezy is at fighting weight. Better not make him mad. He might get pissed at me and drive from Clearwater to Valrico to bust me up.

• Haha
Tip of the hat to you for the weight loss, as you get older losing weight becomes much harder. I've been outside each of the past two summers getting between 10,000 to 20,000 steps in everyday and haven't lost a pound, but on the flip side I've also found being even the least bit inactive is not good long term either health wise. I found with my promotion, it actually consumed enormous amount of my time whether I was at work or at home, is why I swore off my cell phone once I retired.......you'll hardly ever find one on me now.......I hated having to be available 24/7 or get up in the middle of night to travel 50 to 60 miles into Atlanta because something had developed that required my direct involvement. I was fortunate my kids were grown and out of the house by then. So manage your time wisely, with you still having young ones.

I am lucky in we do believe in work life balance. I'm actually messaging from a Coco Cay balcony on a cruise now haha. Time to enjoy life... ya just never know.

The same standard applies for you MarkECannon. When I ask a question, I DEMAND and EXPECT an answer! A customer ordering a meal in a restaurant is not the same scenario that we are discussing on this message board. You still have not answered my questions or responded to my inquiry either, and it would behoove you to do so as soon as possible. DO YOU UNDERSTAND AND HAVE I MADE MYSELF CLEAR?

Peezy28, I am going to make my voice heard and you know it. You might not always like my methods or where I stand, but you know that I am 100% correct and justified in the point that I make. I have made that clear to you over the phone and in print, and I am not going to stand for uninformed message board posters trashing officials unless they know what they are talking about, answer my questions and respond to my inquiry.

Peezy28, I am going to make my voice heard and you know it. You might not always like my methods or where I stand, but you know that I am 100% correct and justified in the point that I make. I have made that clear to you over the phone and in print, and I am not going to stand for uninformed message board posters trashing officials unless they know what they are talking about, answer my questions and respond to my inquiry.
Listen bro... I'm gonna be honest with you... unless your calling yourself God no one will answer your demands give it a rest

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT