ADVERTISEMENT

Jambun! New rule? No clipping inside the box?

Blackpopsicle, that is correct that clipping is no longer allowed in the free-blocking zone, or anywhere on the field. That is one of 3 rules changes for the NFHS rules changes for 2016, the others being that mouthpieces are now allowed to be completely white or clear, and gloves worn by players must have an NOCSAE stamp. As far as towels go, they can be any color other than ball or flag colored, brown or yellow. All team members must wear the same color though, so if another offensive player had a white towel, the center must wear one as well.

Blackpopsicle, that is correct that clipping is no longer allowed in the free-blocking zone, or anywhere on the field. That is one of 3 rules changes for the NFHS rules changes for 2016, the others being that mouthpieces are now allowed to be completely white or clear, and gloves worn by players must have an NOCSAE stamp. As far as towels go, they can be any color other than ball or flag colored, brown or yellow. All team members must wear the same color though, so if another offensive player had a white towel, the center must wear one as well.

Black towels on my centers. Stupid rule to make things more complicated. I get the brown and yellow thing, though. I cut one of PinkPopsicle's bath towels. Means I'll be lying when she notices it's missing.
Dang officials. Dang!

Nu'Trelle have no respeck for any head ballcoach who would allow 'threat of divorce' to interfere wiff his quest to win games.

Blackpopsicle, your center is allowed to wear a black towel. As long as the other players on the offensive team that are wearing towels are black as well. If the officials for your game tell you that your players cannot wear back towels, ask to see the Referee for a Coach-Referee Conference, if you are willing to call a time-out. However, you should get the time-out back when you can point out the rule relating to legal and illegal player equipment.

I have NEVER seen an official call people out for the color of their flipping towel. Till Friday. It's just dumb and has nothing to do with the game, the center having a black towel and a receiver having a white one. Dumb.
That glove certification is dumb as hell, too. Whose brother in law thought this up? I had an Olineman one year that wore mechanics gloves he got at Home Depot or somewhere. Another dude was teasing him about them and the OL punched him in the face mask, knocking him down. Next day, all the OLs went out and bought them. I loved that group.

People may not believe this, but one day Nu'Trelle was in Home Depot when he sees Silver King axt one of the workers where they keeps the O-Lineman's gloves. The guy blinked 2 or 3 times and said, "The O-linesman's what?"

At that point, SK wandered off & ultimately got hisself run over a few aisles away by one of them three story tall orange fork liffs.

When he didn't wake up, Home Depot called an ambulance.

Moments later EMT's arrived, strapped his dumb @ss to a guerney and started an I.V. SK suddenly came to and axt where they was taking him. They said, "It's up to you, sir. Does you has a preference?" and SK said, "Hell yes, take me over to Lowe's. I need to buy me a couple O-Lineman gloves. And watch out for them damn orange fork liffs."

SK was of the era when linemen didn't wear no stinkin' gloves, just a boxer's wrap. He got the arthritis to prove it. SK'd like to say that was a brilliant piece of writing, but not one of yer best, SK thought it was going somewhere good and it just left him hanging.i

SK was of the era when linemen didn't wear no stinkin' gloves, just a boxer's wrap. He got the arthritis to prove it. SK'd like to say that was a brilliant piece of writing, but not one of yer best, SK thought it was going somewhere good and it just left him hanging.i

Easy, SK. It's just preseason.

Reactions: Silver King
I have NEVER seen an official call people out for the color of their flipping towel. Till Friday. It's just dumb and has nothing to do with the game, the center having a black towel and a receiver having a white one. Dumb.
That glove certification is dumb as hell, too. Whose brother in law thought this up? I had an Olineman one year that wore mechanics gloves he got at Home Depot or somewhere. Another dude was teasing him about them and the OL punched him in the face mask, knocking him down. Next day, all the OLs went out and bought them. I loved that group.

Come on, GUY. You're saying this is dumb and that is dumb. You didn't even know the new rule on clipping and you're a big time coach. That is dumb.

Oh, we dreamed of a boxer's wrap......

Reactions: Silver King
New rules are on FHSAA website every year it many lack to go over and read them... I don't get the clipping in the box but my guess to many knees have been hurt?

HardeeWildcatFan - How's your baseball coach doing?

Current or previous? Current Varsity Baseball is the football DC and hes doing well from what I can tell. He is still going like an energizer battery.

The previous JV Baseball Coach is also doing well, talked with him about two weeks ago. I know he was Coaching little league baseball and junior high football. Wish he would come back to varsity one day but I just don't know if he ever will. He sure is missed like the rest of them.

Current or previous? Current Varsity Baseball is the football DC and hes doing well from what I can tell. He is still going like an energizer battery.

The previous JV Baseball Coach is also doing well, talked with him about two weeks ago. I know he was Coaching little league baseball and junior high football. Wish he would come back to varsity one day but I just don't know if he ever will. He sure is missed like the rest of them.

I was referring to Coach Rewis. He's been there for a while, hasn't he?

Yea that's why I said current. Rewis is doing good I guess I haven't talked with him in a few years. I just see him whenever I go to the games. Yes he has been the DC since our previous one stepped out in 2010. Like I said he is like an energizer battery.

since there is a different penalty for blocking below the waist ( which is still legal in the free blocking zone) I would say you can still cut a defensive player down if your head is in front and you are both on the line of scrimmage and between the tackles at the snap of the ball, it would be illegal if you hit him low with your head behind or if you hit him in the back---Is the correct? Also is there even a free blocking zone if the offense is in pistol or Gun?

Bludog100, blocking in the back is legal in the free-blocking zone by offensive lineman on any defensive player who was in the free-blocking zone at the snap of the ball, as long as the ball is also in the zone. There is an allowance of offensive lineman to block below the waist if the offense is in the gun or pistol, as long as the block below the waist is immediate after the snap with no hesitation.

They flagged #82 for clipping. Good call? Bad call? Look closely at the video.

so easy questions then, taking in to account the new rule about no clipping in the free blocking zone 1) can my OT cut down the 3 tech on the backside? 2) can i cut the man head up on a Pop pass?

Last edited:
Yea that's why I said current. Rewis is doing good I guess I haven't talked with him in a few years. I just see him whenever I go to the games. Yes he has been the DC since our previous one stepped out in 2010. Like I said he is like an energizer battery.

Didn't he used to be the OC?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT