ADVERTISEMENT

Is This The New Standard?

Choctaw_fan

Gold Member
Oct 31, 2003
I had not attended a high school football game in 6 years when I went to see my nephew play on the freshman team. OMG, you forget how bad freshman football is compared to varsity. Those coaches do a lot with the talent in a few short years. It's even worse here because there is no middle school football.

Anyway, I came across some new luxuries I didn't see years ago. At Choctaw, I usually sat in row 32 of the home field side to have the best chance at getting good video without someone walking in front of the camera. After my son and those of my friends graduated, I continued to sit there to allow football, band, and cheer leading parents to have the better seats even though I continued to buy my season tickets.

Now I'm finding that some schools have elevators to get to the high seats and the press box. Wow! I understand it is because there have been coaches who were handicapped and needed the help. I also found that there is a restroom near the elevator. That was very helpful as I did not need to go down the stairs at halftime. I did not use the elevator and don't know if I was authorized to do so.

The other new feature is the use of a website named Huddle to upload game film. It allows players and their families to review the video before Monday's practice. It could also be made available to colleges recruiting a player. Is that a good thing? We used to make highlight videos but not show the bad stuff. Now the recruiters will see everything including the players' behavior on the sideline. We did not find a way to isolate individual plays. If anyone knows how to do that, please let me know. The video quality was excellent, but, I had been recording the game for my nephew. Guess I'm out of a job!

Reactions: Silver King
HUDL is the new normal and many different products like it.

As for elevators at stadiums that's a 1st... If you were in Texas I would say makes sense but never heard of that in Florida that must be a special case.

Choctaw, the players can also take that film from the Hudl site and make their own highlight tape for each game, right on the website. They pick which plays they want to include, and can add a little spot on themselves to make them more visible, as well as add a musical track or other features, if they want. It's a great teaching tool, because as well as being able to see the last game's film, coaches can add notes on each play, if they want, so players can see what can be improved upon. Then, coaches can also post scouting film for the next game.

Reactions: Silver King
I did not use the elevator and don't know if I was authorized to do so.
Nu'Trelle contacted Wavebb an he say you can go ahead and use any elevator you want to. He also added, if you have to go to the bathroom and the elevator don't have any, do whatever you have to do. It's not your fault they didn't provide no facilities.

One other thing, Wave said if you run into a problem, call Chico's Bail Bonds at 530-342-6288. They open 24/7.

Thanks for the info, Mustang Mom. I'll be sure to pass that on to my nephew. I used to watch the video I took with my son on Saturday morning. I was amazed at how much he knew about how the play should have worked and what each lineman did right or wrong. Many other players can do this now.

My son also had a friend who's parents never made it to the games. Some people have physical handicaps that prevent them from being there or have child at home they can't afford to take to the game. This allows both of them to see the game for free. It's a great benefit!

Thanks also for the info on the elevator. Guess I won't look for one when we travel to other schools! BTW, I hate the metal bleachers. Most of the schools in the panhandle have bleachers made of concrete with the metal seats on top. They are so much more secure. Just my 2 cents!

HUDL is the new normal and many different products like it.

As for elevators at stadiums that's a 1st... If you were in Texas I would say makes sense but never heard of that in Florida that must be a special case.
As I was reading his story, my mind faded to Texas and then I came to realize I was reading Florida text. That sure is one special case...

I was in Fort Walton from 1992 until 2009. Then I took a promotion to the DC area. I retired in June and moved back to Florida, but, I chose to be near family down in SW Florida. The weather is just getting nice hear. Unless that hurricane changes direction, we might not have rain for a whole week. Woowee!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT