ADVERTISEMENT

Is anyone attending a spring game or scrimmage?

MarkECannon

Oct 9, 2010
I am planning on driving over to Lake Wales for the Highlanders vs Fort Myers. Legion Field is located next the large beautiful Lake Wales. A parking area is right next to the stadium which is not paved with large oak trees. There is no charge for parking. An entrance to the stadium is conveniently located next to it. Once you enter the gate you walk up a short ramp and you are in the stadium. The stadium itself is one of those classic city or county owned venues that is not located on the Lake Wales High campus. It’s not a great one but has it’s own charm.

We’re looking forward to see what the Highlander defending 3S state champs look like as well as Coach Sam Siriani’s Green Wave. A certain renowned celebrity Flavarsity poster is planning to come up and drive over to the game with me. I would mention his name but I don’t want to alert the paparazzi.

Last edited:
That should be a great game, hearing good things about that Greenie QB, and the U was there to take a look at him. They're going to be good from the sounds of it.

I'm battling the flu, but hope to go watch the Tarpons play home Fri night to see the state of the rebuild.

Hear the Devine One's kid is a Junior at NFM and has an offer from WVU. Wave have you seen him play?

Last edited:
Reactions: MarkECannon
The 2022 Fla Varsity message board poster of the year is very interested to read about any games that any other message board poster attends this spring.

Reactions: MarkECannon
We did not go to Lake Wales. Took the car to the shop at 11am and did not leave until around 5pm. Almost bought a new car but decided to repair instead. Such is life!

Reactions: Silver King
Manatee tied Vanguard in Ocala, 14 -14. Manatee had leads at the close of both half's only to have Vanguard score right at the end of the 1st half on a hail Mary pass play and then again at the end of the second half, Vanguard scored in the last moments to earn a tie.

Reactions: Silver King
Couple of updates from Spring, was introduced to young man (1st name Gino), that is apparently competing to become Charlotte high schools starting QB next season. Young man has a very positive outlook for the Tarpons next year, he also provided some confirming insights regarding the 4 school scrimmage that took place at Riverview school about Manatee......

Also I had mentioned about another young Charlotte athlete in a earlier post Michael Villegas. Michael will not be playing football next season, as he suffered some ligament damage to his elbow during track season throwing the javelin which required surgery.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT