ADVERTISEMENT

IMG Academy (Bradenton)

IMG recruits from all 50 states and abroad. They don't develop any players, they get players when they are already committed or in their junior/senior year. I personally don't think this year's team is as strong as teams in the past but they are solid without a doubt which is expected with that type of recruiting base.

Reactions: ankletaper
IMG recruits from all 50 states and abroad. They don't develop any players, they get players when they are already committed (to a big time FBS school) in their junior/senior year
IMG's football program exists for one reason and one reason ONLY. Regular high schools stupidly agree to schedule them. If IMG couldn't schedule any games, their sham "high school" football program would simply dry up and blow away.

Sadly, almost every H.S. school that agrees to challenge IMG recruits heavily themselves ... but steals players for their roster on a much more local/regional basis.

I have no problem with a kid who wants to become a professional golfer or tennis player anteing up the big bucks it takes to get advanced training in an INDIVIDUAL sport, but it's a complete joke to allow AN ACADEMY WHOSE PUBLISHED MISSION IS TO DEVELOP FUTURE PROFESSIONAL ATHLETES TO COMPETE AS A HIGH SCHOOL IN ANY TEAM SPORT.

so you sayin it like a schools whose Mock Trial Team has the MISSION TO: DEVELOP MORGAN AND MORGAN / BRUCE L. SHINER PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS TO COMPETE AS A HIGH SCHOOL IN ANY MOCK TRIAL .

IMG's football program exists for one reason and one reason ONLY. Regular high schools stupidly agree to schedule them. If IMG couldn't schedule any games, their sham "high school" football program would simply dry up and blow away.

Sadly, almost every H.S. school that agrees to challenge IMG recruits heavily themselves ... but steals players for their roster on a much more local/regional basis.

I have no problem with a kid who wants to become a professional golfer or tennis player anteing up the big bucks it takes to get advanced training in an INDIVIDUAL sport, but it's a complete joke to allow AN ACADEMY WHOSE PUBLISHED MISSION IS TO DEVELOP FUTURE PROFESSIONAL ATHLETES TO COMPETE AS A HIGH SCHOOL IN ANY TEAM SPORT.

Less and less regular schools schedule them now Neut. Look at this years schedules its almost entirely national filled with large recruiting mill private schools like their selves. I dont have it in front of me but I think 3 or less regular schools played them his year.

IMG needs to schedule more teams similar to themselves. Most of the public/normal teams they play are not on their caliber and the scores are lopsided. They need to play a tougher schedule. They are an international recruiting school that plays mostly public schools.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT