ADVERTISEMENT

Ill go ahead start this one 7A showdown BR at Venice

Football941

Feb 23, 2017
Braden River at Venice
2 of the top teams meeting up once again in the second round. This one will be standing room only would be my guess.
The team that wins will more than likely end up in the state semis.

Just like last year presale tickets for this one.

Braden River is a quality team. They have good players on the field. No doubts.
Venice is really built the same way. Quality players but they don't have the star ratings and offers like the Braden River team does. Play well as a team and continue to be in the right places per scheme.

I had originally thought the regions would be seeded 1-8 by points only. This game Friday night I had thought would be the Regional Semi final game. Once again its a round 2 matchup.

After playing them so often for high stakes each year it will be tough to watch the seniors for either team on their last game.

This game will be more exciting than the first game with a lot more at stake. I think Venice wins another close one due to coaching. BR looks better on paper but Venice is more sound and discipline on the field.

I wish I had seen Venice when they had something to be emotionally attached to the game about, when they played Manatee that wasn't the case at all. I wasn't as impressed as I thought I would be prior to the game. I think Braden River has the ability to take away Venice's bread and butter on offense, and I think Braden River's offense is too diverse for Venice to stop completely.........this year's match-up breaks the trend of the last two years and district runner-up takes the rematch!

Go Canes Go!

Last edited:
I wish I had seen Venice when they had something to be emotionally attached to the game about, when they played Manatee that wasn't the case at all. I wasn't as impressed as I thought I would be prior to the game. I think Braden River has the ability to take away Venice's bread and butter on offense, and I think Braden River's offense is too diverse for Venice to stop completely.........this year's match-up breaks the trend of the last two years and district runner-up takes the rematch!

Go Canes Go!

IMG covered Javion with the Nebraska commit and he still had multiple catches and a TD. Braden River in the first game couldn't stop QB runs. The TE had some big catches and Javion got behind their defense.

I do think the Manatee game was very bland.

This game will be more exciting than the first game with a lot more at stake. I think Venice wins another close one due to coaching. BR looks better on paper but Venice is more sound and discipline on the field.

I think at Home is the biggest difference. The home team in this series has been on the winning side except this year Venice went to BR and won that game.
A lot riding on this one.

If Venice keeps winning every game except States would be at home. Highest point total of Region 3 and 4
Just one game at a time at this point.

There is a real shot that the winner of this game could compete for a state title. Also, if Palmetto gets through I think they are more capable of upsetting BR than Venice. But that district has asserted itself has a tough out except when they beat each other. Gonna stay with the county homer pick Venice 37-33

Venice wins another nail-biter. BR can win but they have to be able to make adjustments. They didn't make any last game from what I saw.

I'm going with the home team of course. I will say BR gives Venice problems in certain areas on how they use different personnel. Rivals also get the tension going. With the stakes high it will be a tough on both teams after. Winner cant exhale and the loser will be devastated.
Home field is by far the biggest swing in this series. Home team had won all 4 prior matchups until Venice went to BR year. Now being back at home is big.

Man what a game, Braden River tied it up 32-32 in the 4th QT, stops Venice to force a punt. Penalty put Braden Rive deep in within the 10 of Braden River and a center snap over the QB's head and out of the endzone makes it 34-32 with about 3:00 minutes left in the 4th QT. Venice gets the ball and the #12 to #6 pass connection for a TD pretty much seals this one

41- 32 late in the 4th QT

Go Canes Go!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT