ADVERTISEMENT

If I Were Les Miles

Choctaw_fan

Gold Member
Oct 31, 2003
I would tell the board at LSU to "Take This Job and Shove It."

They treated him so poorly. He is quirky but he did not deserve that. Every sports commentator on TV felt there was no one better to replace him. "Fire the coach" has been the cry from most fan bases but it's not always the solution.

Les is 62 years old. He could retire in style and never look back!

I'm with you. Was watching that trailer on ESPN during the FSU/ Gator game where one source said he could save his job, another said he will likely be fired. Nice seeing his team carry him off the field.

I was wondering if LSU is is screwing this up now on purpose to make him leave on his own to save the buy out money? Poor handling of this. How many recruits could they lose over this?

Les said it was his last year as a coach at LSU. I think he may have eyes for another SEC job.
The mistake is letting him go. Not one team in the SEC liked playing a Miles coached team, you never knew what he was going to do and he did make a few mistakes along the way but I'm telling you now, if he came to Florida and recruited from the talent here it would be trouble for every team in Florida, including FSU. I would love to see him take over UCF... He could turn that program into a monster.

I wish I could get fired and get MILLIONS!!! Mark Richt is getting 4 million buyout with his leaving. I think he goes to Miami and I think he would be a great fit and he would straighten them out.

Reactions: Fan 74
Looks like a winning record will get you canned. What does it take to keep your job?

I would tell the board at LSU to "Take This Job and Shove It."

They treated him so poorly. He is quirky but he did not deserve that. Every sports commentator on TV felt there was no one better to replace him. "Fire the coach" has been the cry from most fan bases but it's not always the solution.

Les is 62 years old. He could retire in style and never look back!

If Les does that he turns down 15M dollars... I don't care how wealthy you are you don't do that.

Les is going to make them fire him and I don't blame him. He should not even be in conversation to be fired to be honest but those folk are idiots in the Bayou.

I wish I could get fired and get MILLIONS!!! Mark Richt is getting 4 million buyout with his leaving. I think he goes to Miami and I think he would be a great fit and he would straighten them out.

Dude where have you been. UM doesn't need straightening out its not the 90's anymore they are better off than our teams UF and FSU when it comes to that... They need to WIN... UM fans (older ones) still remember 5 NT's they want to win now... Being a clean program isn't enough for them anymore.

You guys wait, that they're even talking about such astronomical buy-outs for such BS reasons and with this coming on the heels of that Mizzou threatened strike - we are witnessing NCAA altering events as they unfold.

The stars of the show are getting tired of seeing this type money thrown around when they can't even get a dime for jerseys with their names on it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT