ADVERTISEMENT

I know people hate us but....

Wow this guy is an idiot... this has to be the most PC BS I have ever heard of... You know if this is the case you need to ban all Pirates, Vikings, Seminoles... Shoot how about we just say no school nicknames you bunch of frickin pansies...

Reactions: ankletaper
Pansy weirdos have ruined us. Stand up and b counted to stop the madness.

“When was the last time a governor warned a million people to evacuate or ‘the Fighting Tarpons will kill you?’...The Fighting Tarpons happen to be the nickname of Charlotte High, the school that was devastated by Hurricane Charley in 2004. Check with the residents of Punta Gorda and see if they’d like a hurricane for their school’s nickname."

The last Governor that had anything to say about the Tarpons said this while standing in front of SK and a destroyed Charlotte High School.

“This school’s got a great nickname, the Fighting Tarpons. It has a great football tradition and a great educational tradition. It’s the highest priority that we rebuild our schools.”

Of course, it took 7 years to get the damn school back (SK had to remind Jeb Bush about helping us rebuild, because FEMA and the school board wasn't doing much). It ended up being the longest rebuild in Fl history, longer than some third world countries. I wish the writer was this concerned when SK was trying to get papers to notice back then.

Heck we beat Manatee the last time we played them, and should have the time before that, save for a Brion Carnes Hail Mary. Getting our school and field back that's all we cared about during those 7 years. If you can find a single person in Punta Gorda who gave a rats ass about the Canes nickname, I’ll by a round for the bar - what offended people like me who had three sons going there during those years, was how long it took to rebuild. Jeb used this during the last week or so of his campaign for President about coming to two Tarpon / Pirate games, Bearded kid is mini-me and SK behind Jeb in the stands.

Last edited:
Was Charlotte Co-Schooling with Port Charlotte for 7 years or were they in portables?

Peezy that was my oldest son's Sr season. They had four practices before it hit. They shared PCHS; PC went in the morning, Charlotte the afternoon. The Tarps practiced at Ranger Stadium - the Spring Training facility that was also used as a National Guard HQ and distribution center. Armed troops with M-16s everywhere. That was before the Rays moved in. We played on PC's field and Bishop Verot. Ft Myers and St Thomas Aquinas sent the Tarpons one of their gate revenues to help out. A bunch of us got together and walked the football field and picked up glass, roofing nails etc, about a half dozen times, then we were able to get in two "home" games at the Fish Bowl. They shared schools that most of 2004/05 school year. Then in April they had the portables set up and they had a big parade back to CHS. It wasn't until 2011 before it was a whole functioning school again. But, Charlotte had to rebuild six schools, and one of them had to be last.

Last edited:
The Tarps practiced at Ranger Stadium - the Spring Training facility that was also used as a National Guard HQ and distribution center. Armed troops with M-16s everywhere.
When reports started to circulate that scumbags and low-lifes began coming over from Miami to rob Hurricane Charley victims in Charlotte County, people camped out in small groups to protect what little they had left and put up signs that said stuff like, "If you came over from Miami looking to steal from us, step foot on the property and see how that works out for ya."

Of course he is. It's the H-T, what do you expect?

And I agree with the OP--when there's no actual news, these hacks just try to create a story out of a non-issue.

Is the writer even being serious here? I mean I know it is early for April's fool, but this has to be a joke right?
Does he not care about the people that are inured and maimed due to animal attacks, so no lions, tigers, and bears!

The irony is that Chris Anderson, who wrote that, has been assigned specifically to the Manatee team the past few seasons. During season he writes all kinds of profiles about the players and coaches for them. This one is just off the wall.

Finally have my internet back. Had an oak tree collide with my house. The cable and internet lost the fight with a large branch. Lucky that Mathew stayed off shore and that my house is still standing. Anyone hear from Dan in Daytona yet?
This was the first thread I've read since getting my computer back online.

Reactions: Silver King
now our mascot is no longer politically correct.

http://www.heraldtribune.com/news/20161009/its-just-about-time-to-go-canes

Keep in mind, this is the same "journalist" that broke the Rod Frazier story, the Dwayne Strong story, and was a puppet in the plot to get Joe Kinnan removed.

When the new coaches aren't giving you the juicy story you're looking for, you just make one up.
That has got to be the worst-ever example of yellow journalism -- a made up crisis of epic proportions.

I have lived in Florida all of my life... been affected by Hurricanes...

I don't see where he's calling for Booker to change its nickname... or for Bayshore - I mean more people get mauled by bears than killed by Hurricanes in the state of Florida... IJS

Reactions: peezy28
Don't forget the starving kids in Africa getting eaten by lions, or the kids in India getting killed by Cobras, not to mention Sharks, Tigers, Jaguars, Gators, Rockets (the Middle East)...
Change the names to something like the Happy Campers or Skippers....

I mean more people get mauled by bears than killed by Hurricanes in the state of Florida... IJS

4 people got kilt by Matthew, you saying there been four bear maulings of people in the last month? What about squirrels attacks or snapping turtles Mr Science guy?

Yeah SK, good to see you admit that it never was possible ankletaper was twc2499. You shouldn't of accused him of that. It was wrong and totally uncalled for, nomsayin? Hope the Moderators doesn't throw you outta here for that.

BTW mens, anyone else think SK is really FL Pops just pretending to be a Hurricane fan who lives in Punta Gorda and goes diving for stone crabs?

Hey SK liked Bama before he knew who Fl Pops was; and the way his Canes dropped off, SK need a team to pull for the rest of the season, so you'll see increasingly more obnoxious Bama posts - but if SK were also FL Pops he'd of been blowing that horn after week 1.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT