ADVERTISEMENT

How Does Your Team Look So Far?

ProSetEye

Oct 24, 2011
Ocala
Went out today to see my team, OTC, practice and to get an idea where they are a couple of days before the KO Classic. Met with Coach Sturdivant and he seems to feel that the team is finally starting to come together under his unique style of coaching, which apparently is a different style than what Coach Brantley had.

Noticed a few things:

* The Linemen seem to be quicker
* The WR's are fast, very fast.
* There seems to be more fundamentals training and one on one training
* The formations and plays seem more college than HS
* QB Ryan Miller is throwing bullets
* Roster is around 70 but will be down to 40 to 45 at seasons start.

Have most of you been to your team's practices and, if so, what are your assessments?

I feel pretty good about us so far. We're 0-0 right now, right about where we should be right now. We haven't won yet, and we haven't lost yet. I thought for sure with how bad we look that we would have lost already but I guess we're not as bad as I thought we were. In about 10 days we're gonna take a trip up to Green Cove Springs and we're just hoping to really enjoy the trip and make the most out of it. Our focus isn't on winning, we have a bunch of people making the trip because we heard Hooters is supplying wings in the concession stands at the game. That is the only reason anyone other than the players and coaches are making the trip out to Green Cove, because it's definitely not to watch our guys turn the ball over, miss tackles, and just play lousy football all over again this year.

I feel pretty good about us so far. We're 0-0 right now, right about where we should be right now. We haven't won yet, and we haven't lost yet. I thought for sure with how bad we look that we would have lost already but I guess we're not as bad as I thought we were. In about 10 days we're gonna take a trip up to Green Cove Springs and we're just hoping to really enjoy the trip and make the most out of it. Our focus isn't on winning, we have a bunch of people making the trip because we heard Hooters is supplying wings in the concession stands at the game. That is the only reason anyone other than the players and coaches are making the trip out to Green Cove, because it's definitely not to watch our guys turn the ball over, miss tackles, and just play lousy football all over again this year.
Wow.

Noticed a few things:

* The Linemen seem to be quicker
* The WR's are fast, very fast.

* There seems to be more fundamentals training and one on one training
* The formations and plays seem more college than HS
* QB Ryan Miller is throwing bullets
* Roster is around 70 but will be down to 40 to 45 at seasons start.

Have most of you been to your team's practices and, if so, what are your assessments?
Does Coach Sturdivant teach speed?:p

No, my friend. But a coach's training techniques can enhance a player's performance. I ran track. When I joined the track team my speed was fast. After being on the team for a few months my speed increased perceptibly due to the training techniques. I went from winning a few races to winning most races. Yes, speed can be taught in a lot of cases.

By the way I'm ex Navy. Spent two tours in Vietnam. Most of my acquaintances are retired military. I'm quite sure that everyone on this forum, including myself, thanks you for your continuing service to our country. :)

Better than I imagined. Dressing 2 impact freshmen and 16 sophomores this year. The team is deep and talented.

No, my friend. But a coach's training techniques can enhance a player's performance. I ran track. When I joined the track team my speed was fast. After being on the team for a few months my speed increased perceptibly due to the training techniques. I went from winning a few races to winning most races. Yes, speed can be taught in a lot of cases.

By the way I'm ex Navy. Spent two tours in Vietnam. Most of my acquaintances are retired military. I'm quite sure that everyone on this forum, including myself, thanks you for your continuing service to our country. :)
Thats news to me. Never knew speed could possibly be taught. Interesting and great to know.

Thank you so much for your supportive contribution. Yes, come October it will mark 21 years and I about had it with the Soldier playground. I am ready to move on to the next chapter. 27th I will have knee surgery(arthroscopic), then physical therapy, then I will submit for retirement. It has been a fun story, but I would like to engage into some travel time.

Again thanks and thank you for the time you put in yourself.
(By the way, that is not me in the picture(i'm spanish)...I just use that as a conceal apperance...lol)

I miss Brevard County( SURFING )

Last edited:
Thats news to me. Never knew speed could possibly be taught. Interesting and great to know.

Thank you so much for your supportive contribution. Yes, come October it will mark 21 years and I about had it with the Soldier playground. I am ready to move on to the next chapter. 27th I will have knee surgery(arthroscopic), then physical therapy, then I will submit for retirement. It has been a fun story, but I would like to engage into some travel time.

Again thanks and thank you for the time you put in yourself.
(By the way, that is not me in the picture(i'm spanish)...I just use that as a conceal apperance...lol)

I miss Brevard County( SURFING )

Don't wait around after retirement. There are so many companies out there that want to hire ex military. You can secure an excellent position for the rest of your working career with one of the DOD subcontractors like Northrop, Lockheed Martin, Halliburton, Booz-Allen, SAIC, or a bunch of others. There are also military job fairs almost every couple of weeks. If you want to work overseas and make double or triple your stateside salary, with little or no tax to pay, try Dyncorp, KBR, Fluor, Parsons, and others.

I don't think we're really all that bad lol. The Blue Devils are in for a fight though if the Island plays like they did tonight minus the interception and long run we gave up. We're gonna go as far as Spencer Mollinow takes us this year, not that he is a strength for our team but we're gonna win when he plays well and lose when he plays bad. Just that simple.... The Golden Eagles turned the ball over a lot last year. I wanna say we turned it over 9 times against Bartram Trail. And as the QB he shoulders a lot of that responsibility as far as taking care of the ball goes. I'm not one for predictions but here goes nothing he's thrown two interceptions in two straight games (maybe more) if he makes it three straight games Clay's gonna have back to back wins against Fleming Island.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT